Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie's post match interview (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 219 Guests

Ollie's post match interview (merged)

This thread currently has 7,593 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
November 21, 2020, 6:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pontoonlew

Tbf losing Vernam was entirely Day’s fault for being totally flipping naive

Our bird being naive or clueless? Surely not?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 56
Guest User
Quoted from Bigdog
IH got spiky when JT said Covid was the same for every club. IH moaned about losing players in the summer due to Covid. Did we really have to? Because we've signed a shed load of inept players instead of using budget wisely to keep the qualities of Vernam, Hessenthaler, Clarke and Davis as the spine of a team. Three of those four are still playing in the same division as us. It stinks as much as the break up of the promotion team which Hurst cited as budgetary restraints back then too. History repeating itself again and again. The whole culture at the club has been wrong for so many years, Covid has given them a (false) excuse to be even more extreme than ever and I was wrong to think that an old head like IH could shake things up a bit. But it appears he's spineless enough to whistle along to Fenty's tune..

We had to let go the players Cos there was no guarantee when football would start up again. We signed new players when we knew the start of the season was actually happening.

This was good management of the clubs future. Even though it has effected us in the short term.
Reply: 21 - 56
Mikey_345
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,381
Gold Stars: 105
Don’t know what everyone expects. He’s obviously fuming like the rest of us about our performance. I personally was quite happy to hear abit of fire, obviously gives a excrement.

And let’s be honest re JT. He’s town through and through but he is horrendously negative and not that great at describing what’s actually happening. Now we watch the game as well that is clear to see. He was just waiting to have a go at Gibson for being offside to have a go and he did, problem was it was actually Williams.

All our managers have had a problem with RH, I doubt they are all wrong.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 56
MuddyWaters
November 21, 2020, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 3610
I like it.

Tondeur is horrifically negative. Any fan that only relies on his commentary will get a complete different picture of what is happening. About 5 mins in he was on gibsons back for being offside when it wasn’t even him!

And to answer tondeurs question that set Ollie off. No not every club had the same to deal with.

We played it ultra safe. And rightly so. Other clubs gambled with their budgets and clauses. And it looks like it’s going to pay off them. But no way would I want us to gamble out future for a better squad this season.

Absolute tosh. We’ve turned a 143k profit and I’m sure, when the full accounts are available, the loan account will have gone down. If the board had half a brain, they would have been brave enough to expect a grant from somewhere. Instead, they stick in a Covid clause to put a barrier up to decent recruitment.
Ollie isn’t blameless on this. As a director, he could have stopped this happening.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 56
BottesfordMariner
November 21, 2020, 6:30pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Holloway is a bullshitter.

Same old lame excuses week after week like a broken flipping record.

Come clean. Your phone wasnt full of messages from players and agents desperate to play for you at GTFC like you made out.

Youve brought in a shedload of players. Quantity over quality Most dont appear good enough. Loads of unproven youngsters plucked from U23 football where no-one puts a tackle in and they prance about dreaming about the Premier League. Totally unprepared to play against blokes in L2.

flipping Covid. copulated everyones plans Holloway so flipping get over it and stop the pathetic excuses. Actually do some frigging coaching on the training pitch work out what they are capable of and get them to actually look like they know what they are flipping doing.

Today was a disgrace agaisnt a very ordinary team. Yet another in a string of shocking performances that are uninspiring.

Thank god for Covid that i dont have to see this crap in person and I can simply turn it off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 56
davmariner
November 21, 2020, 6:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,924
Gold Stars: 79
It’s the scout’s fault...

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 56
Bigdog
November 21, 2020, 6:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from 3610

We had to let go the players Cos there was no guarantee when football would start up again. We signed new players when we knew the start of the season was actually happening.

This was good management of the clubs future. Even though it has effected us in the short term.

Wrong. The club should have allocated some money to keep some semblance of quality to ensure that when football started again we didn't risk losing the interest and income from the fans and the danger of losing 1.5 mill pa by dropping out of the league again. Other clubs did and took the gamble that everyone would be in the same boat if things got worse and a bail out would appear. We'll get a bail out and the clubs that didn't let go of their prized assets will have got their calculated gamble right. We didn't full stop. Just look at the league table. I'm staggered that so many are still sucked into the Fenty handbook of how to run a football club..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 56
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 21, 2020, 6:35pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Ipswin
Disappointed Ohman has gone, it's only a few weeks since Holloway was rating him highly

I wouldnt like to be in Hanson's shoes then. Ollie was big-upping him this week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 56
Ipswin
November 21, 2020, 6:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from davmariner
It’s the scout’s fault...

That's a new one He'll probably use that for a week or two

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 56
headingly_mariner
November 21, 2020, 6:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Yeah I think he was deflecting. Shame he had a pop about Jolley’s departure. His rant was clearly used as an excuse for the club to get rid of him rather than a moral response to the way he treated the media.

Fwiw I think Holloway will turn us round, the club haven’t dealt well with Covid but I’m not sure how much of that is Fenty’s influence. copulated about with renewing contracts, too late off furlough, no pre season games and paying peanuts for any players we could get. Apologies if it’s not his influence,  but it has all the hallmarks of classic Fenty penny pinching. Save a penny today that’ll cost you a pound next week. I think we’d have been really strong had Covid not happened.
At the minute it looks a bit like the Mike Newell squad but I think we will really improve in Jan.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie's post match interview (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.