Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can't listen to Ollie.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 40 Guests

Can't listen to Ollie.

This thread currently has 11,210 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Croxton
October 27, 2020, 9:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,924
Gold Stars: 31
Turned radio off half way through. The timewasting by the ball retrievers issue was his way if distracting JT from questions about his tactics and weak signings. Hanson clearly not ready to start so we lose Windsor's free role effectiveness. Throw ins and free kicks still 'garbage'. And he wants to talk balls about balls. Hanson , Rose, Scannell, Bennet Mohsni and Green look like goners.
If we are going to struggle, at least play the young 'uns who want to build a career rather than merely extend it. 'Fitness' should not have been allowed to dominate selection to this degree.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
October 27, 2020, 9:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,933
Gold Stars: 505
Yeah rubbish interview. We didnt deserve a point, it was a woefully poor performance. And EVERY team wastes time when they are winning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 77
MuddyWaters
October 27, 2020, 9:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Croxton
Turned radio off half way through. The timewasting by the ball retrievers issue was his way if distracting JT from questions about his tactics and weak signings. Hanson clearly not ready to start so we lose Windsor's free role effectiveness. Throw ins and free kicks still 'garbage'. And he wants to talk balls about balls. Hanson , Rose, Scannell, Bennet Mohsni and Green look like goners.
If we are going to struggle, at least play the young 'uns who want to build a career rather than merely extend it. 'Fitness' should not have been allowed to dominate selection to this degree.

Fed up of the BS and blaming lack of fitness. He signed the players that aren’t fit!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 77
HertsGTFC
October 27, 2020, 10:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Croxton

I stopped listening to him post match a couple of weeks ago and if I’m honest pre match I’m not that interested.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 77
Chrisblor
October 27, 2020, 10:05pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,632
Gold Stars: 225
Tbf between all his ranting about the balls he does make some opaque references to some players underperforming, not doing what he wants and lacking belief in themselves. Think it's just the standard thing managers do after a bad performance where they'll highlight the good aspects (we had a lot of possession) while avoiding digging out the players directly to the media. I expect he'll be pulling them up on it in the dressing room and on the training ground though.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 77
Mariner_501
October 27, 2020, 10:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 27
As previously mentioned, as much as I’d love to be wrong, this is going to all end in tears. Talks a good game but not much else
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 77
HertsGTFC
October 27, 2020, 10:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Chrisblor
Tbf between all his ranting about the balls he does make some opaque references to some players underperforming, not doing what he wants and lacking belief in themselves. Think it's just the standard thing managers do after a bad performance where they'll highlight the good aspects (we had a lot of possession) while avoiding digging out the players directly to the media. I expect he'll be pulling them up on it in the dressing room and on the training ground though.

I’d have hoped so but I wonder if he’s actually got the time between training, travel, game schedule etc.

This is a squad that seems to need lots of 121 time with a lot of players either on their game, fitness, attitude or confidence. Can he do all that mentoring at the sane time as the “on the training ground” but?

It feels like he’s got a lot to do on his “to do” list.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 77
Swansea_Mariner
October 27, 2020, 10:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,386
Gold Stars: 62
Don't think it will all end in tears as there will definitely be two worse teams than us.

He's gone a different way in trying to solve our problem with all these loan players, it's not quite working yet but looking at some of the players he's signed I'm still hopeful.

What's the problem well it must be the budget, several managers have alluded to various budgetary issues over the year.

Frankly we are bottom division cannon fodder, we've not troubled the top half of division 4 in well over a decade  now, shamefull for this club quite frankly. Not all these managers over the last 15 years can be this shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 77
MuddyWaters
October 27, 2020, 10:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Chrisblor

I’d love to think you’re right but we’ve got a hell of a lot of players who are either unfit or incapable.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 77
Chrisblor
October 27, 2020, 10:28pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,632
Gold Stars: 225
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’d love to think you’re right but we’ve got a hell of a lot of players who are either unfit or incapable.

Don't see the issue with having a big squad personally. There's a wage cap in effect so it's not like we're blowing out the budget Bignot style. I imagine a load of the ones signed from non league will be on relatively low wages anyway and Holloway has mentioned we're not paying very much towards a number of the loanees. The only thing that is getting on my nerves is him rotating players out of the starting 11 (or the matchday squad altogether) after they've played well. Don't think it's any coincidence that Hendrie, Waterfall and Pollock have been three of our better players in the last few matches, and that's because they've started every game!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 77
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can't listen to Ollie.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.