Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can't listen to Ollie.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 314 Guests

Can't listen to Ollie.

This thread currently has 11,310 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
October 30, 2020, 12:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Perhaps the club as such wasn’t sold Holloway. Let’s not forget, he did say that he thought Fenty knew what he was talking about the club is one of the best run clubs...surely even Holloway can see that’s just hyperbole and nonsense.

Holloway wanted to be back in the game after pretty much a disaster at Millwall...we provided that. What boggles my head was the need to put in 100k unless that was simply to provide him and the club some weird sense of security. I guess we’ll never really know though.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 77
pen penfras
October 30, 2020, 2:57pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01
Perhaps the club as such wasn’t sold Holloway. Let’s not forget, he did say that he thought Fenty knew what he was talking about the club is one of the best run clubs...surely even Holloway can see that’s just hyperbole and nonsense.

Holloway wanted to be back in the game after pretty much a disaster at Millwall...we provided that. What boggles my head was the need to put in 100k unless that was simply to provide him and the club some weird sense of security. I guess we’ll never really know though.

It may seem crazy to you, but maybe Holloway actually agrees with trying to run a football club sustainably. However bad he was in his last job, he has achieved enough in football that he didn't need to come to Grimsby Town to build a reputation, and he could have got a lot of jobs at a higher level. We should be grateful that he's here, not cynically questioning his motives.

I think that Holloway is actually on the same wavelength of how to run a club and thinks that if he can bring some success and money into the club then he can help direct how to spend it to take the club forwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 77
TAGG
October 30, 2020, 3:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Ollie and the Met  

https://fb.watch/1rXs2GMDws/

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 77
Dogger Bank
October 31, 2020, 5:29pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Don't think it will all end in tears as there will definitely be two worse teams than us.

He's gone a different way in trying to solve our problem with all these loan players, it's not quite working yet but looking at some of the players he's signed I'm still hopeful.

What's the problem well it must be the budget, several managers have alluded to various budgetary issues over the year.

Frankly we are bottom division cannon fodder, we've not troubled the top half of division 4 in well over a decade  now, shamefull for this club quite frankly. Not all these managers over the last 15 years can be this shite.

This ^ My personal feeling is we're lucky to have Holloway. There is something that is engrained in the club that has made it stale and it isn't hard to work out. Coronavirus hasn't helped anybody at the present moment but I always thought it would take IH a couple of seasons at least to get us going....and I believe he will with the right backing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 77
Ipswin
October 31, 2020, 6:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Dogger Bank

I always thought it would take IH a couple of seasons at least to get us going....and I believe he will with the right backing.

I don't think he will stick it for a couple of seasons

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 77
dapperz fun pub
October 31, 2020, 8:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Ipswin

I don't think he will stick it for a couple of seasons

Normally I’d agree but he’s put a few Bob in so may last slightly longer before it blows up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 77
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 31, 2020, 9:04pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 117
Nothing to stop him resigning as the Manager but staying on as a member of the Board, or even as a Director of Football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 77
KingstonMariner
October 31, 2020, 9:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Normally I’d agree but he’s put a few Bob in so may last slightly longer before it blows up

I don’t think he cares that much about money. Strikes me if he’s unhappy or feels he’s banging his head against a brick wall, he’s the sort of person to change his situation.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can't listen to Ollie.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.