Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can't listen to Ollie.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 274 Guests

Can't listen to Ollie.

This thread currently has 11,295 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
October 27, 2020, 10:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Chrisblor

Don't see the issue with having a big squad personally. There's a wage cap in effect so it's not like we're blowing out the budget Bignot style. I imagine a load of the ones signed from non league will be on relatively low wages anyway and Holloway has mentioned we're not paying very much towards a number of the loanees. The only thing that is getting on my nerves is him rotating players out of the starting 11 (or the matchday squad altogether) after they've played well. Don't think it's any coincidence that Hendrie, Waterfall and Pollock have been three of our better players in the last few matches, and that's because they've started every game!

Probably because we’ve got fewer defensive options.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 77
chipsandgravy
October 27, 2020, 11:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,586
Gold Stars: 35
I doubt very much that he would resonate with half on this thread because it's the same every time we lose. Whilst I dont argue we were poor in the final third tonight I thought they never gave up, stopped FGR playing there normal game and pinned them back (there fans words)  for a large portion of the match. There young players and the only thing missing was confidence and belief once that  comes we will be fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 77
aldi_01
October 27, 2020, 11:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
To be fair I was fed up of listening to him before he was out manager.

He talks a lot but he doesn’t say a lot. The moment he spouted off about Fenty and being the best run club and all that should’ve been enough for anyone to realise this is his last chance so he took it.

The fitness excuse was wearing thin after 2 games, now it’s just becoming laughable. We’ve brought in players that aren’t good enough and in reality most thought that before a ball was kicked. Perhaps he was forced in to that but couple those players lacking ability with the constant need to chop and change (because of Lack fitness apparently) it makes it all very confusing.

Windsor was stifled tonight becauee players weren’t sure whether to lump up to sicknote, play in to feet or bypass him,  with him pulling a centre half or two out leaving a gap for Windsor.

We had probably 3 good performances which have to be given credit but I’d imagine the fact we’ve been so inconsistent says more than the wins do.

In flashes we look ok and knock it about well but we deserved nothing from tonight’s game and that’s not the first time this season.

In truth I don’t believe anyone fancies us to be anywhere above mid table, sole because they think Covid will see the end of clubs and ‘staying afloat, whatever division’ is their view or some becauee they’re just realistic about the quality of our squad and the club.

Covid or not I’m not convinced we’d have been any better than mid table.

Time will tell I guess and with games coming thick and fast it provides a chance to forget the bad results when they come and push on...we all want to be proven wrong but equally we have to be aware of the blatant shortcomings...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 77
promotion plaice
October 28, 2020, 12:03am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Shame we didn't sign one of those above our level goal scorers that was melting his phone to come here, gutted.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 77
Boris Johnson
October 28, 2020, 12:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
He said the performance was magnificent........and that he was proud of the performance.  That maybe his way of trying to big up the players, and breed some confidence.

He'll be ok this season, but as ive mentioned 3 months into next season I think he will be gone, if we are not at the right end of the table.

He is a a very hard listen at times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 77
jamesgtfc
October 28, 2020, 12:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I’d have hoped so but I wonder if he’s actually got the time between training, travel, game schedule etc.

This is a squad that seems to need lots of 121 time with a lot of players either on their game, fitness, attitude or confidence. Can he do all that mentoring at the sane time as the “on the training ground” but?

It feels like he’s got a lot to do on his “to do” list.

We trained on BP last week so they could all watch Coach Carter but he didn't get them on the grass until 13:15 on Monday because he had to hold 4 separate meetings about the FGR game to comply with Covid Regulations at Cheapside.

Make better use of your time and either train at BP or hold one meeting at BP and then travel to Cheapside for training.

A full team meeting will surely be much more effective than 4 meetings of 7 people?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 77
louth_in_the_south
October 28, 2020, 12:58am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,655
Gold Stars: 94
I haven’t bothered listening to Pre or post match interviews with our managers for years . They’re just cliched monologues wheeled out by one after another from the managers handbook to keep the local media and gullible fans happy . I make my own opinions from what I see on the pitch .
For what it’s worth I’d rather see him persist with these young lads who want to have a career and be successful rather than the old past  it “experienced “ players who don’t give that much of a f.uck from what I’ve seen so far .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 77
Humbercod
October 28, 2020, 6:52am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
I honestly don’t know what some people expect, the team is a mixture of inexperience and old journeyman pro’s coming to the end of their career, the club hasn’t got a pot to urine in so league survival was the aim, well that was clear to me. It was obvious at the start he couldn’t recruit the quality required and Ollie said as much. Its  going to be a bumpy ride but from what I’ve seen with a bit of luck with injuries etc, we could finish mid table, but I’d happily take our position now come the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 77
louth_in_the_south
October 28, 2020, 7:04am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,655
Gold Stars: 94
Exactly HC . Some people have ridiculous expectations given the current circumstances ffs

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 77
thefish
October 28, 2020, 7:05am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I haven’t bothered listening to Pre or post match interviews with our managers for years . They’re just cliched monologues wheeled out by one after another from the managers handbook to keep the local media and gullible fans happy . I make my own opinions from what I see on the pitch .
For what it’s worth I’d rather see him persist with these young lads who want to have a career and be successful rather than the old past  it “experienced “ players who don’t give that much of a f.uck from what I’ve seen so far .

You missed Jolley’s unorthodox interview style then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can't listen to Ollie.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.