Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season tickets?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 319 Guests

Season tickets?

This thread currently has 8,456 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
October 2, 2020, 6:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Stadium

Thank you.

I had a phone call to tell me I couldn't have my seat in the lower Findus, and which stand would I prefer instead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 51
KingstonMariner
October 2, 2020, 7:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Stadium

Thank you.

See Mr Day. That’s how easy it is. 😆

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
Stadium
October 2, 2020, 7:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from KingstonMariner

See Mr Day. That’s how easy it is. 😆

Simple😉

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
louth_in_the_south
October 2, 2020, 9:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Everyone contributes in some way to keep the club going , that’s what a club means . Whether some people think they’ve done more than others is open to their opinion.
ST holders deserve the same respect as someone who can only afford to stick £30 into a crowdfund or through the club shop .
Steaming into the directors , the antiquated ticketing system , the lack of marketing of iFollow game passes is just pi.ss poor . Most intelligent people are more than able to find the iFollow link if they really want to or not give a fook they haven’t been allocated a seat when they’re not going to be in BP till march ffs . It’s actually laughable that we have a vocal minority who seem incapable of coping by themselves.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
HertsGTFC
October 2, 2020, 10:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Everyone contributes in some way to keep the club going , that’s what a club means . Whether some people think they’ve done more than others is open to their opinion.
ST holders deserve the same respect as someone who can only afford to stick £30 into a crowdfund or through the club shop .
Steaming into the directors , the antiquated ticketing system , the lack of marketing of iFollow game passes is just pi.ss poor . Most intelligent people are more than able to find the iFollow link if they really want to or not give a fook they haven’t been allocated a seat when they’re not going to be in BP till march ffs . It’s actually laughable that we have a vocal minority who seem incapable of coping by themselves.

If you “contribute in some way” you’re entitled to an opinion, Ideally that opinion should be based upon true experience or fact and thus credible regardless of how fervently others may dismiss it.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
KingstonMariner
October 3, 2020, 12:38am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
.....And if it is a ‘club’ it ought to consider its members.

Some folk are happy to fork out on season tickets, to be ignored and not expect anything in return. Some people might need a bit of respect to encourage them to do the same again. What’s better for the club? To be a dwindling band of the selfless or to thrive more by giving some simple consideration?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
aldi_01
October 3, 2020, 8:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Nobody expected anything less from the club...we’re hardly forward thinking in the ‘looking after your fans’ category, nor are they remotely modern in their approach to marketing.

However, I don’t give a excrement about a thank you, I made the choice to purchase a ST but receiving my iFollow voucher on a tiny piece of paper, zero instructions (people can make Jones about anyone with half a brain, several folk I know are intelligent but have never used iFollow before) was ridiculous. There’s been some inconsistency in contact with the club for those that have bought one. I’ve had nothing for them regarding allocated seats and so forth yet others have.

I don’t think it’s relevant to discuss how much people put in to the club (ironically I’d imagine fans have put much more in than any of Fenty’s chums on the board during all this) and everyone should be given the same level of respect and thanks, but once again, it feels like a missed opportunity to build some bridges with the fans.

I don’t need thanking to be a town fan or a pat on the back, none of us do, but when some folk have spent a fair few hundred quid recently, on something which may be useless you can see why some are a little annoyed.

At this moment in time, whether people have bought shares or a ST, neither seems like a worthwhile purchase other than pouring money in to a private company with no return.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 51
moosey_club
October 3, 2020, 9:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
The club are acting more like drug dealers every year, they know they have their addicts, regular clients and that because of our addiction we keep returning.....just like a dealer the product has been getting cut weaker and weaker while they keep prices high, this year, managing to sell a virtually zero content product for an even higher price.

People will eventually reach breaking point and like any addiction you can kick the habit, not having access to it is hard at first but in time you fill the hole with something else.

The club should be bending over backwards to keep fans interested, appreciated and feeling valued but general feedback appears they arent.

Whilst nowhere in sight yet,  the club will eventually open its doors .......they may well be in for a rude awakening at that point.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 51
louth_in_the_south
October 3, 2020, 11:03am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Strange analogy ^^^^

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
HertsGTFC
October 3, 2020, 11:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from moosey_club
The club are acting more like drug dealers every year, they know they have their addicts, regular clients and that because of our addiction we keep returning.....just like a dealer the product has been getting cut weaker and weaker while they keep prices high, this year, managing to sell a virtually zero content product for an even higher price.

People will eventually reach breaking point and like any addiction you can kick the habit, not having access to it is hard at first but in time you fill the hole with something else.

The club should be bending over backwards to keep fans interested, appreciated and feeling valued but general feedback appears they arent.

Whilst nowhere in sight yet,  the club will eventually open its doors .......they may well be in for a rude awakening at that point.

Odd analogy but one that completely nails it to be honest.

At first I really missed going to football and I’ll be back as soon as but I have to admit I’ve been doing some different things on a weekend that I’ve really enjoyed and the thought has crossed my mind what I enjoy more. When I sat and thought about it the product on the pitch has often not been my main reason for attending.

Whilst the PR, media and web proposition remains in the hands of a few hard working and well meaning enthusiastic amateurs I think the likelihood of the club reaching out and engaging in creative ways that will ultimately result in ticket purchases remains low.

Once fans are allowed back it will be a much harder road to recovery than many imagine.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season tickets?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.