Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season tickets?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 102 Guests

Season tickets?

This thread currently has 8,447 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
October 2, 2020, 8:01am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
If they’ve told you clearly in advance that this might happen and that you are buying tickets entirely at your own risk, I don’t think the right to have your money back applies. The devil will be in the detail - exactly what the club said, how they said it and when.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 51
brigg_mariner
October 2, 2020, 9:14am

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
I bought my season ticket same as I do every year with the "HOPE" of perhaps attending a game this season, I didn't expect too, it was more in hope.

I did not but shares as you don't actually get anything out of it.
I did not put into the crowd funder as again you didn't actually get anything out of it.

I bought my season in the hope I would get something out of it, if not then I am happy for my money to go the club as that's what supporters do, support the club on and off the field.

As per the above posters, I do agree that a simple email or article on the OS wouldn't go a miss, but did we really expect any different?

UTM

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 51
mariner83
October 2, 2020, 9:38am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from brigg_mariner
I bought my season ticket same as I do every year with the "HOPE" of perhaps attending a game this season, I didn't expect too, it was more in hope.

I did not but shares as you don't actually get anything out of it.
I did not put into the crowd funder as again you didn't actually get anything out of it.

I bought my season in the hope I would get something out of it, if not then I am happy for my money to go the club as that's what supporters do, support the club on and off the field.

As per the above posters, I do agree that a simple email or article on the OS wouldn't go a miss, but did we really expect any different?

UTM

Agree with this.  I knew it was a risk, when I bought them.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 51
louth_in_the_south
October 2, 2020, 9:43am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
Oh boo hoo I haven’t got a thank you email from the club . You bought a season ticket because you love GTFC and you knew they needed the ££ more than ever . Get over yourselves and get behind the club instead of bitc.hing ffs

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 51
pen penfras
October 2, 2020, 10:00am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Oh boo hoo I haven’t got a thank you email from the club . You bought a season ticket because you love GTFC and you knew they needed the ££ more than ever . Get over yourselves and get behind the club instead of bitc.hing ffs

Completely agree. The club have far more important things to sort out right now, such as the mess that we're in than spending time writing a thank you note to supporters who purchased a ticket. I thought people who bought them were by and large doing it to support the club more than attend games, because there was always a risk that this would happen.

There have been lots of statements saying how great our supporters have been in supporting the club through these difficult times. How many times does it need to be said before you're happy?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 51
LH
October 2, 2020, 10:04am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,492
Gold Stars: 173

This. Although I want a 4 page feature on myself in the programme the first season we go back to normal as thanks for stumping the money up.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 51
Hagrid
October 2, 2020, 10:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,373
Gold Stars: 532

spot on, bought it with risks attached, gutted we cant go but was my decison, maybe when things are normal club may say oh heres 10% off next years price, but doesnt bother me, clubs more important
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 51
Croxton
October 2, 2020, 10:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
I bought a Share, a Champions book, a season ticket, chucked a tenner at the crowd funder and will buy iFollow for away games. If we could sponsor players I'd buy Hanson a walking stick. The more those of us who can afford to help towards the survival of The Mariners the better. I'm aware that I'm a privileged retiree with no mortgage or young family so I won't be troubling my credit card provider.

The letter from the Chairman which accompanied the ST renewal pack was thankful for all our efforts and crystal clear about the conditions of purchase. It took a few days for the FAQ's to appear on the OS but no one can have been in any sense misled.

Yes, a confirming email would have been nice and the iFollow codes were done at a rush but there are far more concerning issues now around testing, no training and EFL governance.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 51
Chrisblor
October 2, 2020, 11:11am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,772
Gold Stars: 233
I don't want a massive fawning thank you or a refund as I understood the risks in buying a season ticket. I'm really disappointed the club haven't bothered to send out a basic e-mail acknowledgment to everyone who applied and has now been charged though. They've got all our e-mail addresses from the application forms - it's not exactly hard or time consuming to knock together an e-mail saying 'your season ticket application has been processed and your card has been charged. we'll be in contact again as soon as we're able to confirm our plans for letting fans back in' etc

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 51
Heisenberg
October 2, 2020, 12:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,032
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from promotion plaice

Does that mean you agree or not?  

Ha, I now see the 3 pints I had clouded my answer there! I agree.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season tickets?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.