Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season tickets?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 147 Guests

Season tickets?

This thread currently has 8,388 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
vernontown
October 1, 2020, 10:14pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +93
Gold Stars: 8
has anyone actually had any information from the club?

They took the money several weeks ago, but have not had any contact from them. Starting to regret bothering, as the club appear to have no regard for the supporters!  Just an email update would be polite!  At the end of the day we have paid for what may well be a season without any live games, We took the risk. Now the club are taking the urine! Absolutely no communication from them at all, even though the first home game should have taken place. Tempted to do a charge back on my credit card to be honest.  I've put my money in and been shown utter contempt. Meanwhile the board appear to have put nothing in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Heisenberg
October 1, 2020, 10:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,807
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from vernontown
has anyone actually had any information from the club?

They took the money several weeks ago, but have not had any contact from them. Starting to regret bothering, as the club appear to have no regard for the supporters!  Just an email update would be polite!  At the end of the day we have paid for what may well be a season without any live games, We took the risk. Now the club are taking the urine! Absolutely no communication from them at all, even though the first home game should have taken place. Tempted to do a charge back on my credit card to be honest.  I've put my money in and been shown utter contempt. Meanwhile the board appear to have put nothing in.

I said it weeks ago, you’d have to be mad to part with your cash for a season ticket. At ANY club. But particularly ours.

I think GTFC are good people and well meaning, but to the core, they’re useless. From top to bottom. And always have been.

I’m not saying that I’d do a better job, but it’s the truth.

In fact, you know what? I WOULD do a better job!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 51
promotion plaice
October 1, 2020, 10:36pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

I supported the club last season by not asking for a refund but Jeez I'm glad I didn't renew this season.

Bring on the red crosses.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 51
Heisenberg
October 1, 2020, 10:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,807
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from promotion plaice

I supported the club last season by not asking for a refund but Jeez I'm glad I didn't renew this season.

Green cross from me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 51
promotion plaice
October 1, 2020, 10:45pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from Heisenberg

Green cross from me.

Does that mean you agree or not?  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 51
friskneymariner
October 1, 2020, 11:16pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from promotion plaice

Said the same at the time,they knew the risks when they renewed their tickets,they must have known there was a risk of a second wave.I saw  renewing my season ticket was  too risky when the club expected the fans to carry all the risk.

.I feel those who bought their season tickets should view it as making a very magnanimous donation to the club something I was not in a position to do.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 51
davmariner
October 2, 2020, 12:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Not sure what there is to say really? The pilots were delayed and it’s pretty clear there won’t be any spectators for many months and ST holders will have to watch via iFollow. I suspect the club has as much details as we do regarding any progress in this respect.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 51
aldi_01
October 2, 2020, 6:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I purchased mine because it’s just something I do and I was able to do that.

I know the club are hiding behind the government guidance and the like but I’m still expecting us to receive a fine and or worse for not fulfilling our fixtures...at this stage I’m not even getting a game on iFollow to watch.

Whether fans are allowed in is anybody’s guess. I guess it depends which side of the COVID fence you sit. The clubs leadership imitates that of government...clueless and chaotic.

Whilst I’m not sure what the club could do, as mentioned, a courtesy email to say sears and so forth have been allocated and tickets, should purchasers wish to, are available for collection.

It’s beginning to feel again like the club were happy to take the cash but aren’t even having the courtesy to thank and keep those people abreast of any developments; even if it to simply say “we don’t know at this stage but thank you for spending your hard earned cash on essentially a hobby in these difficult times”.

It’s alright though, the club will be safe, the enigmatic and inspirational Vickers is on the case so I feel safe now...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 51
pizzzza
October 2, 2020, 7:01am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
I didn't renew but feel the club should be bending over backwards to show their gratitude to those that were brave enough to do so. An email or a statement of thanks on the OS wouldn't cost them anything.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 51
GollyGTFC
October 2, 2020, 7:17am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
I’ve said it before, the terms and conditions GTFC released aren’t compatible with consumer protection laws. The whole basis of the consumer protection laws are that customers are not put at an unfair disadvantage. Paying for something and getting nothing or a token replacement valued far less than you paid for is about as slam dunk an example of customers being put at an unfair advantage.

I did suggest everyone who could pays with a credit card. Your CC provider won’t care about GTFC’s hastily written t&c’s. They’ll follow the relevant consumer protection laws and will just give you a refund.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 51
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season tickets?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.