Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season tickets?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 279 Guests

Season tickets?

This thread currently has 8,445 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
October 2, 2020, 2:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Chrisblor
I don't want a massive fawning thank you or a refund as I understood the risks in buying a season ticket. I'm really disappointed the club haven't bothered to send out a basic e-mail acknowledgment to everyone who applied and has now been charged though. They've got all our e-mail addresses from the application forms - it's not exactly hard or time consuming to knock together an e-mail saying 'your season ticket application has been processed and your card has been charged. we'll be in contact again as soon as we're able to confirm our plans for letting fans back in' etc

This is pretty much how I feel but also I’m still optimistic that we’ll see something this season at some point. I knew the risk and what will be will be.

Though I do think the match passes should have just been emailed out automatically rather than asking people to collect them, but maybe that’s just me.

I don’t want any thank you’s as I do believe that Phil Day etc.. appreciates what people have done here but I think from an engagement point of view the club now need to think quickly how they reach out to EVERY possible and potential supporter as for lots of reasons I don’t think it’s a given that people will come flooding back straight away.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 51
aldi_01
October 2, 2020, 4:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
They’ve not even had the courtesy to tell us which seats we’ve been allocated...I mean that’s a really simple thing to do.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 51
ginnywings
October 2, 2020, 4:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I get the impression they are not really that bothered if the season is curtailed. Not being very pro-active.

I think they should be pushing the iFollow streams hard as a way of bringing in income, if and when we start playing matches again, whether with crowds or not. Some kind of season pass at a discount would be something I would be interested in, as would others I've spoken to.

Cod Almighty have touched on the season ticket issue in their latest diary:

http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=7659
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 51
Stadium
October 2, 2020, 4:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Hagrid

spot on, bought it with risks attached, gutted we cant go but was my decison, maybe when things are normal club may say oh heres 10% off next years price, but doesnt bother me, clubs more important

Genuine question.
Have you had any communication at all after purchasing?

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 51
LH
October 2, 2020, 5:02pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,457
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Though I do think the match passes should have just been emailed out automatically rather than asking people to collect them

At a time when we should be limiting contact with others and spending any time with others outside this seemed a pretty obvious thing to do.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 51
Hagrid
October 2, 2020, 5:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Quoted from Stadium

Genuine question.
Have you had any communication at all after purchasing?

No i havent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 51
Chrisblor
October 2, 2020, 5:13pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from LH

At a time when we should be limiting contact with others and spending any time with others outside this seemed a pretty obvious thing to do.

I sent them a slightly arsey e-mail about it and suggested they just automatically e-mailed out the passes to every season ticket holder. Got a reply from them stating "this is in the works as we are currently migrating over to a new ticketing system", so I presume based on that the new ticketing system also contains some kind of CRM functionality. This was over two weeks ago now and there hasn't been any further communication with season ticket holders since then, so I guess the migration must still be taking place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 51
lew chaterleys lover
October 2, 2020, 5:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,660
Gold Stars: 234
In these very difficult times it is par for the course that the Mariners, under this board, have looked way off the pace.

The only thing they have have been interested in is keeping costs to a bare minimum, at the expense of everything else.

The failure to invest in modern systems of communications and bringing internal procedures up to even 20th century standards, make us look like what we are - a poorly run club with zero ambition with no discernable investment in the stadium, the infrastructure or indeed the playing staff. Even the manager had to put money in himself!

Fenty doesn't know what investment means. To him it seems to be what most other clubs would see as minor improvements or the important day to day workings of a professional outfit. Even the most basic improvement sees him crowing - the floodlights bright enough to see or a lift put in for disabled supporters seems to be the pinacle of his ambition.

We had better wake up soon - it may come to a shock to the clubs hierarchy but the season has actually started, and despite everything will no doubt continue to a finish one way or another.

I suppose Holloway must have had his eyes wide open but to leave a legacy under this lot will take a miracle.

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 51
moosey_club
October 2, 2020, 6:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
Day is making it no secret that he feels the season should not have even started, get the impression he would gladly see it ended sooner rather than later, especially if that means we save money..........happy enough to sell season tickets on a no refund basis though.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 51
Stadium
October 2, 2020, 6:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Hagrid

No i havent

Thank you.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season tickets?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.