9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
October 7, 2020, 8:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
The entire structure of our pyramid will collapse with B teams anyway so I’d happily tell those rats in the PL to stuff their deal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 81
ginnywings
October 7, 2020, 8:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Don't know if I would bother anymore if B teams were allowed into the EFL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 81
NorthLondonMariner
October 7, 2020, 8:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
I am all fo letting the fans back in.  Just my opinion, but its fine for me to go to the pub with 5 mates from opening time until 10pm, infact i could go to 20 pubs with 5 mates, and they could be a differant 5 mates in each pub. (up to 14 hours drinking time), be indoors all the time and not have to wear a mask while at my table. Yet 2000 people from the same town cant sit outdoors socially distanced in a nearly 10,000 cap stadium for 90 mins. Its balderdash. Id feel much safer sat in BP for 90 mins than I would mc donalds.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 81
GrimRob
October 7, 2020, 9:35pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
https://www.skysports.com/foot.....chief-ferran-soriano

Pretty rich  Man City saying it's not sustainable when the EFL has run for over 100 years and lost very few clubs during that time. On the other hand his club has millions pumped into it and is clearly not self-funded.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 73 - 81
KingstonMariner
October 7, 2020, 9:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Boris Johnson

Taxation is used for the purpose of the NHS, funding the Police, building hospitals, ffs this is absolutely ridiculous...are you proposing an increase in taxation, or distribution of tax in a different manner, which part of the welfare state would you take from?

Taxation is used for whatever purpose Parliament decides. Did you not realise that? They take decisions all the time. Maybe it’s difficult to get your head round.

Ever heard of funding for arts and culture? Your namesake promise over a billion for the arts a while back. You know millions of people voted ‘leave’ supposedly to protect the British way of life and culture. Football is probably one of the biggest components of that culture.

There’s plenty of people with more money than they need.

Besides I’d rather have nothing than take ‘handouts’ from the PL. That’d be a Trojan Horse - you can look that one up for yourself.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 81
Boris Johnson
October 8, 2020, 12:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Taxation is used for whatever purpose Parliament decides. Did you not realise that? They take decisions all the time. Maybe it’s difficult to get your head round.

Ever heard of funding for arts and culture? Your namesake promise over a billion for the arts a while back. You know millions of people voted ‘leave’ supposedly to protect the British way of life and culture. Football is probably one of the biggest components of that culture.

There’s plenty of people with more money than they need.

Besides I’d rather have nothing than take ‘handouts’ from the PL. That’d be a Trojan Horse - you can look that one up for yourself.

Your in cloud cuckoo land....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 81
diehardmariner
October 8, 2020, 10:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 538
Weirdly and despite the current ramping up of restrictions I've got a feeling that we'll be back in stadiums quite soon, simply because the pressure is building up on the Government.  Things like being able to watch games in enclosed cinemas but not in open-air stadiums is just bizarre.

This Government reacts to what the popular opinion says and will do anything to try and appear to be doing the right thing.  It'll be reduced capacity for sure and I imagine with some extra Draconian type measures installed but it wouldn't surprise me if we're back in for the Harrogate game...
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 81
Stadium
October 9, 2020, 2:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Premier League broadcasting games outside the October window via PPV.
Kerching.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54481945

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 81
louth_in_the_south
October 9, 2020, 4:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,675
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from diehardmariner
Weirdly and despite the current ramping up of restrictions I've got a feeling that we'll be back in stadiums quite soon, simply because the pressure is building up on the Government.  Things like being able to watch games in enclosed cinemas but not in open-air stadiums is just bizarre.

This Government reacts to what the popular opinion says and will do anything to try and appear to be doing the right thing.  It'll be reduced capacity for sure and I imagine with some extra Draconian type measures installed but it wouldn't surprise me if we're back in for the Harrogate game...

Yeah right O !!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 81
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 9, 2020, 5:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Like the majority I am against B teams being admitted and struggle to understand why a competitive reserve team league is no longer considered appropriate and/or suitable for purpose. Given the size of the modern squad that should mean some quality players turning out and for fans of that club worth a watch.

Don’t know why but if B teams were to happen I have always assumed they would take the form of Premier clubs adopting an EFL club, giving them financial support and obviously players and coaches to run the team. Giving it more thought that’s clearly not an option.

In reality many Premiership clubs run an Academy solely to raise funds by selling numerous players for between £1 & £5 million. I note that Chelsea and Man City basically dominate the winning of leagues/trophies at youth levels and both have 30 plus players out on loan the majority prior to selling and only the exception gets through to the first team. I thought Chelsea had changed their approach last season but their summer spending demonstrated this was solely due to their ban from transfers and once this ended it was back to normal and once all their signings are fit how many of Abraham’s, Gilmour, Hudson Odoi etc. will be getting regular games?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Premier League bail out for EFL

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.