Ipswin
May 31, 2020, 11:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Meza

Personally, we are so bloody lucky to have someone of IH ilk, and I felt great times are ahead (maybe a bit harder now).

Exactly what do you mean by that? A man who clearly craves publicity and the sound of his own voice? A man who has a proven managerial record with clubs at the bottom end of the FL? A man with wonderful ideas and crazy dreams?

If half of what he's on about is true and actually happens it will be great I just hope the performance on the pitch bit is included in that half all the other publicity and bluster is secondary. Thats all

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 79
moosey_club
May 31, 2020, 3:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
i think this first blot on IH's copybook by bigging up the board so much was always going to polarise people, the plaudits he has given to the board and in particular the best run club tag when we know how we have been treated by the board and we clearly aren't the best run club have hit a nerve.
Its a pity as IH had started to galvanise the support a little, Fenty stepping back should also have helped but with the current crisis then all that is forgotten . We are now, just a week or so after IH lauded us as the best run club asking fans to put into a similar crowd fund that a couple of years ago was scoffed at by the board and also now asking staff to take a pay cut.

It would be nice for the EFL to actually make a decision on WTF is going to happen regards the relegations etc so that the season can finally be put to bed and with sport starting to be opened up again we may be able to start talking about a new season and focus on that.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 79
GrimExile
May 31, 2020, 5:18pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from monkeyboy
How the holy intercourse can any of our own supporters be negative about ian Holloway? The guys put a buzz back into the club and is a great ambassador for us.
I think it better if you can’t support the club when we have such a positive manager then go find another club to support because you are not a supporter of Grimsby town.
Apart from the current crisis we have no reason to be down about the club.

Monkeyboy, Sir Alex Ferguson could come out of retirement and become manager of GTFC and some would complain. I’ll probably get red crosses galore but I cannot get my head round the fact that a small minority are negative almost for the sake it it. #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 79
chipsandgravy
May 31, 2020, 6:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,609
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from GrimExile

Monkeyboy, Sir Alex Ferguson could come out of retirement and become manager of GTFC and some would complain. I’ll probably get red crosses galore but I cannot get my head round the fact that a small minority are negative almost for the sake it it. #UTM

Agreed. I have always thought that they are the sort of people you would put up with to be on your quiz team but you wouldn't want them at your party!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 79
Heisenberg
May 31, 2020, 7:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,047
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from GrimExile

I agree, I despair. I love IH, he has done nothing wrong so far and he’s the best thing that’s happened to us in 20 years. I have really enjoyed Ipswin’s posts for years, I love that he’s a WUM, but if Ian were to read some comments on here and take offence I’d find that unforgivable. We’ll never have a manager like this again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 79
Ipswin
May 31, 2020, 7:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Heisenberg

. We’ll never have a manager like this again.

That is certainly true but I would prefer to remember him for successes he achieved for GTFC on the field rather than all the other stuff surrounding him

Private Message
Reply: 55 - 79
GrimExile
May 31, 2020, 8:47pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Ipswin

That is certainly true but I would prefer to remember him for successes he achieved for GTFC on the field rather than all the other stuff surrounding him

Well let’s give him a chance then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 79
It Bites
May 31, 2020, 8:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,164
Gold Stars: 264
Is this the same Ian Holloway that said the season  ended too soon ........... all these opionions but not one ounce of common sense amongst you
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 79
aldi_01
May 31, 2020, 9:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Always interests me the way folk interpret things. I don’t actually think anyone has said they want Holloway to fail nor does anyone not agree that he’s been a breath of fresh air.

However, after years of shite, one good manager in Fenty’s tenure it’s hard to be super positive. Disaster and or disappointment has always lingered around the corner. Even when Slade was on a half decent run we blew it very publicly.

Caution doesn’t mean people don’t support. Just because someone doesn’t want to be a happy clapper or sling some cash in a begging bowl or doesn’t hang on every word the manager says doesn’t make them any less of a supporter. Is the bloke who never cheers or seemingly gets in to a game any less of the bloke who never stops? Of course not.

Holloway needed a job, we needed a manager, both needed a resurrection of some kind. Worked for both parties. Will holloway be a success? Who knows.

His recent press releases, sound bites and what have you have been odd and haven’t really been consistent.

To imply someone isn’t a fan or should keep their mouth shut becauee they don’t want to climb aboard the holloway bandwagon isn’t really necessary though.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 79
Ipswin
June 1, 2020, 8:23am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GrimExile

Well let’s give him a chance then.

I'm giving him a chance, on the pitch. No one has siad he should be sacked. I'm simply as another poster states not jumping on the Holloway bandwagon screaming with delight because he's very different, always (or trying to be) in the limelight off the pitch, giving endless interviews on radio and in the press.

I just want him to get results and change the 'best run club' he's ever been involved with from a music hall joke lower fourth division outfit into the team we, and Holloway, dream of it being. If he can't do that, and yes its very early days, then all the other publicity, bluster and hero worship is irrelevant and wasted

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.