diehardmariner
June 1, 2020, 2:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,396
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
If the big clubs have to stump up to save us they'll want us to sign our souls over first.

Absolutely nailed it.

If anything will open the door to the B Teams in the EFL it's this.  We'll save you, but...

Genuinely appalling that the Premier League aren't fall over themselves backwards to help save the foundations upon which their mega rich league is supported by.  No doubt about it in my mind, remove the building blocks and the Premier League crumbles away too.  
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 79
grimsby pete
June 1, 2020, 3:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Boris Johnson

did he? thats great, if he left i assume he would take it back?

He can not take it back and no one would buy them off him.

If that is not commitment I don't know what is.

Can anybody name any manager putting 100,000 pounds in a club never mind a L2 side.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 79
Gaffer58
June 1, 2020, 5:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
But if he was to leave I’m sure he would have to get rid of those shares as  he couldn’t get another job at a different club, conflict of interest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 79
oochiad
June 1, 2020, 5:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
I’d be spitting feathers if I was IH reading some of the things being said here regarding his commitment. Ffs can’t you just keep your mouths shut and wait to see what happens rather than making up hypothetical situations? He can hardly prove himself at the minute when there is no football can he so to be saying his media exposure means nothing, it’s results that matter is quite simply pathetic. Just be positive for god sake or please give it a rest!! UTMM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 79
moosey_club
June 1, 2020, 6:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,197
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from oochiad
I’d be spitting feathers if I was IH reading some of the things being said here regarding his commitment. Ffs can’t you just keep your mouths shut and wait to see what happens rather than making up hypothetical situations? He can hardly prove himself at the minute when there is no football can he so to be saying his media exposure means nothing, it’s results that matter is quite simply pathetic. Just be positive for god sake or please give it a rest!! UTMM!!

Errmm...it was Holloway who said he would have to reconsider his position if there was a change of ownership........not us.

Fact.

Facts.....are what the fishy is built on  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 79
lew chaterleys lover
June 1, 2020, 7:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,648
Gold Stars: 234
In the 60 years I have been trotting to BP Ian Holloway is the highest profile manager we have appointed. I hope he will also prove to be the best.

His appointment and involvement in all aspects of the club was a miracle and I still have to pinch myself it really happened.

When the football restarts he will continue to have enormous goodwill to call on and of course he will know every club has fans that are very negative , so a few on here wont worry him unduly.

This is our one chance of turning a corner and putting the club back to where it belongs. We should be able to attract players we could only dream about pre Holloway so I desperately hope it all comes together, as the alternatives are just more of the same.

Like everyone else Holloway is not perfect or superman but when you think of the future prospects when Jolley left, to appoint IH with a future to look forward to was, I repeat, a miracle. Please GTFC and everybody involved don't member it up.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 79
TownSNAFU5
June 1, 2020, 8:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,841
Gold Stars: 42
Some of the Prem clubs in the past have fallen by the wayside and joined the plebs.  (Sunderland, Coventry, Portsmouth and Bradford City etc).  They should remember and be careful what they wish for.  But they won’t.  Greed is all-consuming and corrupting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 79
mimma
June 2, 2020, 3:01am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Some of the Prem clubs in the past have fallen by the wayside and joined the plebs.  (Sunderland, Coventry, Portsmouth and Bradford City etc).  They should remember and be careful what they wish for.  But they won’t.  Greed is all-consuming and corrupting.

You left out Blackpool from your list.

Can't remember who their manager was.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 79
June 2, 2020, 9:07am
Guest User
Quoted from mimma

You left out Blackpool from your list.

Can't remember who their manager was.

He was the guy that got them promoted to the Premier League.

Reply: 78 - 79
aldi_01
June 3, 2020, 6:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Aside from them not having to bail us out, let’s face it, if we, by some miraculous event found ourselves up there we wouldn’t be cascading any cash down to Scunny or Oldham...the likes of Brighton, Bournemouth etc sail very close to the wind financially (suggesting they’ve never actually learned anything) so when we talk about Prem clubs bailing teams out what we mean is a handful near the top.

There’s naturally a huge gap between finance at our level and their level but this thing of premiership teams bailing people out is odd. Whether we agree with the figures, they essentially need them to operate the same as we need all our cash to operate. Now if the EFL were serious about their product, perhaps they could reach agreements with certain clubs to loan cash etc, much like the FA but don’t hold your breath.

But as Die Hard said, you allow prem teams to bail teams out, it happens and suddenly you slowly open the door to B teams and franchises...if people are happy with that that’s fine...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.