8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Boris Johnson
June 1, 2020, 9:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Im a big fan of Holloway, would like him even more if I felt he was 100% committed to the club.

Time will tell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 79
pen penfras
June 1, 2020, 9:33am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Ipswin

I'm giving him a chance, on the pitch. No one has siad he should be sacked. I'm simply as another poster states not jumping on the Holloway bandwagon screaming with delight because he's very different, always (or trying to be) in the limelight off the pitch, giving endless interviews on radio and in the press.

I just want him to get results and change the 'best run club' he's ever been involved with from a music hall joke lower fourth division outfit into the team we, and Holloway, dream of it being. If he can't do that, and yes its very early days, then all the other publicity, bluster and hero worship is irrelevant and wasted

It's neither irrelevant nor wasted. Sure, the most important factor is what happens on the pitch. But we've got a manager whose reputation has propelled us into the national press regularly. We haven't had that since... well I don't ever remember it. Grimsby Town being mentioned in the media regularly, with a well known manager that is keeping our name in people's minds can only be a good thing when trying to attract players, sponsorship and new fans.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 79
Boris Johnson
June 1, 2020, 9:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

It's neither irrelevant nor wasted. Sure, the most important factor is what happens on the pitch. But we've got a manager whose reputation has propelled us into the national press regularly. We haven't had that since... well I don't ever remember it. Grimsby Town being mentioned in the media regularly, with a well known manager that is keeping our name in people's minds can only be a good thing when trying to attract players, sponsorship and new fans.

not sure how many points you get for being in the press every week.   Swin is right, its results that matter, nothing else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 79
Ipswin
June 1, 2020, 10:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from pen penfras

One mention on Sky, three in the national press, a monthly column in the Bristol papers and on a dozen websites and over a thousand in the GET and we get automatic promotion?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 79
pen penfras
June 1, 2020, 10:18am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Ipswin

One mention on Sky, three in the national press, a monthly column in the Bristol papers and on a dozen websites and over a thousand in the GET and we get automatic promotion?

That's not what I said, as you very well know. Take your rod somewhere else, I've had a nibble and it's all you're getting  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 79
GrimExile
June 1, 2020, 1:12pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Im a big fan of Holloway, would like him even more if I felt he was 100% committed to the club.

Time will tell

He put £100,000 of his own money in, I think that shows commitment in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 79
Ipswin
June 1, 2020, 1:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from GrimExile

He put £100,000 of his own money in, I think that shows commitment in my opinion.

I thought you were leaving us?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 79
Boris Johnson
June 1, 2020, 1:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimExile

did he? thats great, if he left i assume he would take it back?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 79
Abdul19
June 1, 2020, 1:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,551
Gold Stars: 215
It's shares, so someone would have to buy them off him?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 79
Boris Johnson
June 1, 2020, 1:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
It's shares, so someone would have to buy them off him?

thanks, wssnt sure how it had been injected...so guess he could leave his management role and remain a share holder/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.