This thread currently has 16,827 views. Print
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
February 12, 2020, 5:00pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,633
Gold Stars: 168
Have appointed Russ Wilcox until the end of the season. I don't think too many Scunny fans will be happy with that.

As an aside, I didn't know that Kevin Pressman was at Scunny.

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2020/february/club-statement/

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
February 12, 2020, 11:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Desperate times for a club with no money.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/AKD4ehE.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 98
diehardmariner
February 13, 2020, 10:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +16,981
Gold Stars: 516
It's a bit of an ongoing cycle down the 180 isn't it?

Appoint relatively high profile manager - doesn't work- sack manager - appoint internally - it doesn't work - sack manager - appoint relatively high profile manager.....

The constant thread is the lack of time given to any manager, even in the modern game their turnover is horrendous.  

Regardless of your views on Hurst, personally he wasn't my cup of tea in terms of his style, but he's definitely one for bringing a bit of stability and shoring things up.  It's stability that Scunny quite clearly needed, especially if it's true about the budget getting slashed.  

Not sure quite what Swann expects to happen but it definitely isn't working.  I get the impression that he believes that because he's spunked so much money up the wall previously, there's a god given right for success now.  
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 98
dapperz fun pub
February 13, 2020, 10:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,685
Gold Stars: 81
They will be non league within two seasons , it looks to me like Swann has lost interest can’t wait to gloat like they did when we went out of the league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 98
Son of Cod
February 13, 2020, 10:57am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,310
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Les Brechin
Have appointed Russ Wilcox until the end of the season. I don't think too many Scunny fans will be happy with that.

As an aside, I didn't know that Kevin Pressman was at Scunny.

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2020/february/club-statement/

Yeah, I went with a mate to the Scunny match who works for one of the sponsors and Pressman was in McMenemy's before the match.

Regarding Wilcox, it sounds like quite a few Scunny fans wanted him in until the end of the season going off RH messages.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 98
Heisenberg
February 13, 2020, 11:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,760
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
They will be non league within two seasons , it looks to me like Swann has lost interest can’t wait to gloat like they did when we went out of the league

I think this is unlikely, I wouldn't get our hopes up.  They're not our cup of tea at all, of course, but I don't think they're THAT sh#t.  Be interesting to see what the future holds for them though.  The new stadium never happened, then the regeneration of Glanford Park didn't happen either.  Their future is maybe even more unpredictable than our own, for once.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 98
Abdul19
February 13, 2020, 11:10am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,431
Gold Stars: 212
Quoted from diehardmariner

Regardless of your views on Hurst, personally he wasn't my cup of tea in terms of his style.  

Wasn't your ear cup of tea ho ho etc

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 98
BIron
February 13, 2020, 11:17am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: -98
Gold Stars: 2
We should never have sacked Hurst, personally I felt he was doing a solid job and given time he will have got us promoted with the right backing. Whilst his persona was very dull, His recruitment skills definitely couldn't be questioned. Made some good signings. Man management skills, he managed to get KVV performing consistently when other managers couldn't due to his attitude.

Wilcox is the right man short term but certainly not long term. We have been there and done that with him. Either way, under Swann there is a big danger we will fall out of the football league. Grateful for the money he has provided us but he has made us become a sacking club, fallen out with our local council and players. Even the most loyal Scunny fans are starting to boycott games. I am a season ticket holder and won't be renewing it next season until Swann changes his ways or leaves.  UTI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 98
Heisenberg
February 13, 2020, 11:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,760
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from BIron
We should never have sacked Hurst, personally I felt he was doing a solid job and given time he will have got us promoted with the right backing. Whilst his persona was very dull, His recruitment skills definitely couldn't be questioned. Made some good signings. Man management skills, he managed to get KVV performing consistently when other managers couldn't due to his attitude.

Wilcox is the right man short term but certainly not long term. We have been there and done that with him. Either way, under Swann there is a big danger we will fall out of the football league. Grateful for the money he has provided us but he has made us become a sacking club, fallen out with our local council and players. Even the most loyal Scunny fans are starting to boycott games. I am a season ticket holder and won't be renewing it next season until Swann changes his ways or leaves.  UTI

I agree with you on Hurst, he could have done well there if given several full seasons.  Not sure what he would have done about the lowering of the playing budget, which was always inevitable, but he does have a good eye for non-league players who are good enough for the league.

I'm delighted we got Holloway, he was my No. 1 choice but deep down I assumed he was beyond us, but I don't mind admitting that Hurst would have been right up there on my list.  Mind you, there are PLENTY on here who don't agree with me on that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 98
Les Brechin
February 13, 2020, 11:27am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,633
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from BIron

Sounds like we could have some good deals on season tickets here next season.    

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 98
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.