10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
February 16, 2020, 9:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I worked with 2 Scunts who bought season tickets whilst Hull were in the Prem for for the very same reason Dapperz says above, so low they can't even be classed as glory hunters.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 98
BIron
February 17, 2020, 4:28pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: -98
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

The problem you've got B...iron, is the same we've had for 15 years...a man in charge of the club who knows nothing about owning a football club but believes he knows everything..
We've been lucky with Holloway coming in and putting his money where his mouth is and as such gives us that "behind the scenes" knowledge.
Swann has the attitude of "it's my way or the highway", unfortunately I believe that will lead you down one path and that's the one to the back waters of football...as I've said, the rivalry is bitter between GTFC and SUFC but I'd rather your rivalry than that of the 6 finger brigade of LCFC..

Sad to read but can't help but agree with that. I am clinging on to a glimmer of hope that things will change but it is merely a glimmer of hope. I am encouraged by the Under 23 squad project that we have but at this present time, it is not something we need.  As you lot are all too aware, League Two is a physical league .  

Rivalry is bitter and can be very toxic but would we have it any other way?  for me there is no game quite like it.  Interesting to hear your views there.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 98
BIron
February 17, 2020, 4:30pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93
I worked with 2 Scunts who bought season tickets whilst Hull were in the Prem for for the very same reason Dapperz says above, so low they can't even be classed as glory hunters.

That is disgraceful, whoever they are clearly weren't true supporters.  I have supported Scunny since i was 6, my hometown team. I don't know anything different.  Grew up seeing you lot in the Championship then was lucky enough to see us reach them heights ourselves.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 98
BIron
February 17, 2020, 4:31pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from wigworld

Good man. Although we're local rivals, you have my respect for supporting your club through thick and thin.
When Dull City were first promoted to the Premier League, I saw a few Town supporters switch allegiance and start following them instead. Disgraceful.

Thank you, and you have my respect too.  You're right, disgraceful that any true football supporter would do that.  It makes you appreciate the good times even more when you have gone through the bad. Just like life in general!

UTI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 98
1mickylyons
February 17, 2020, 5:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from BIron

Sad to read but can't help but agree with that. I am clinging on to a glimmer of hope that things will change but it is merely a glimmer of hope. I am encouraged by the Under 23 squad project that we have but at this present time, it is not something we need.  As you lot are all too aware, League Two is a physical league .  

Rivalry is bitter and can be very toxic but would we have it any other way?  for me there is no game quite like it.  Interesting to hear your views there.  

I detest 3 sets of fan`s in football Liverpool,Norwich and Scunny and oddly enough Liverpool and Scunny because of their gloating supporter base albeit on vastly different scales. I liked the OSG and never minded Scunny back then it all changed when you moved to GP you tried lording it over us with your newly built sardine tin . The FA Cup game here a few Seasons back I have never seen such hostility from our home support it was pure hatred and it seemed like the vast majority felt that way ? We had a lot of games vs Lincoln and though one or two incidents occurred I would like to think most Imps fans felt safe visiting Grimsby unless looking for trouble . I think the final tipping point for many was just prior to our relegation lots of Scunny fans came on this website and others declaring they were coming to support Barnet at BP. Not sure how many came they wisely kept a low profile but rest assured should Scunny find themselves in the same sh1t state I will be in Glanford Park to return the favour and I wont be alone we could probably fill the away end . The numbers of Northern sides in the lower leagues that have dropped into non league suggests your time is soon to come around and I can`t wait.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 98
marinernige
February 17, 2020, 5:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Being a bit old school ,LCFC and SUFC have never really been that significant to me (only recent history put them above us) to me the only club i detest (apart from prem teams)is our six finger scum from across the river. utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 98
Gaffer58
February 17, 2020, 6:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Having always lived in Brigg and Bottesford and doing 40 years on the steelworks I know quite a few scunts,  so therefore I wouldn’t say the word is hate, but as Kevin Keegan (an old scunny player as well) would say “I would love it, just love it, if they were relegated” so yes they have always to me been our number 1 rivals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 98
supertown
February 17, 2020, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,439
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from marinernige
Being a bit old school ,LCFC and SUFC have never really been that significant to me (only recent history put them above us) to me the only club i detest (apart from prem teams)is our six finger scum from across the river. utm

I too consider them the enemy , it’s all about how old you are I guess
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 98
Les Brechin
February 17, 2020, 6:41pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I detest 3 sets of fan`s in football Liverpool,Norwich and Scunny  

Just out of interest, why Norwich?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 98
Northbank Mariner
February 17, 2020, 6:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Les Brechin

Just out of interest, why Norwich?

Because they just don't cut the mustard??...🤔🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.