10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
BIron
February 13, 2020, 4:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: -98
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Les Brechin

Sounds like we could have some good deals on season tickets here next season.    

Christ it will never get that bad!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 98
mimma
February 13, 2020, 4:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
If you want to watch entertaining attacking football Biron, you always be welcome at Blundell Park
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 98
Gaffer58
February 13, 2020, 4:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Mr BIron, a bit chalk and cheese when listening to Hurst and Adkins, I would not know their coaching abilities but pre match pep talk or doing the media rounds Adkins has it in spades.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 98
BIron
February 13, 2020, 4:22pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from mimma
If you want to watch entertaining attacking football Biron, you always be welcome at Blundell Park

Appreciate the offer but i will pass on that one,  thank you.The season isn't over yet, a lot can happen between now and May as we have seen since we beat you just before Christmas.

UTI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 98
BIron
February 13, 2020, 4:35pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58
Mr BIron, a bit chalk and cheese when listening to Hurst and Adkins, I would not know their coaching abilities but pre match pep talk or doing the media rounds Adkins has it in spades.

Nigel Adkins is a messiah in these parts, a true club legend. Genuinely cared about the town and the supporters, something that seems to be lost on our current regime these days. I had the pleasure of meeting him when he was Southampton manager on a train. I was on the way to University in Sheffield and i spent the full hour talking to him about football. He could have easily not gave me the time of the day but i believe he genuinely enjoyed talking football with me.

Can only dream of having a manager like him and a football owner like Steve Wharton in the future.  Gave me the greatest youth  supporting Scunny.

UTI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 98
Les Brechin
February 13, 2020, 4:37pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,709
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from BIron

Nigel Adkins is a messiah in these parts, a true club legend. Genuinely cared about the town and the supporters, something that seems to be lost on our current regime these days. I had the pleasure of meeting him when he was Southampton manager on a train. I was on the way to University in Sheffield and i spent the full hour talking to him about football. He could have easily not gave me the time of the day but i believe he genuinely enjoyed talking football with me.

Can only dream of having a manager like him and a football owner like Steve Wharton in the future.  Gave me the greatest youth  supporting Scunny.

UTI

Did you manage to get a word in?  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 98
crusty ole pie
February 13, 2020, 5:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,325
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from BIron
We should never have sacked Hurst, personally I felt he was doing a solid job and given time he will have got us promoted with the right backing. Whilst his persona was very dull, His recruitment skills definitely couldn't be questioned. Made some good signings. Man management skills, he managed to get KVV performing consistently when other managers couldn't due to his attitude.

Wilcox is the right man short term but certainly not long term. We have been there and done that with him. Either way, under Swann there is a big danger we will fall out of the football league. Grateful for the money he has provided us but he has made us become a sacking club, fallen out with our local council and players. Even the most loyal Scunny fans are starting to boycott games. I am a season ticket holder and won't be renewing it next season until Swann changes his ways or leaves.  UTI

You can always join the revolution down the road UTMM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 98
davmariner
February 13, 2020, 5:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from BIron
We should never have sacked Hurst, personally I felt he was doing a solid job and given time he will have got us promoted with the right backing. Whilst his persona was very dull, His recruitment skills definitely couldn't be questioned. Made some good signings. Man management skills, he managed to get KVV performing consistently when other managers couldn't due to his attitude.

Wilcox is the right man short term but certainly not long term. We have been there and done that with him. Either way, under Swann there is a big danger we will fall out of the football league. Grateful for the money he has provided us but he has made us become a sacking club, fallen out with our local council and players. Even the most loyal Scunny fans are starting to boycott games. I am a season ticket holder and won't be renewing it next season until Swann changes his ways or leaves.  UTI

Must say it is nice for a change to have a Scunny fan on here that wants to have a genuine discussion rather than troll or goad.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 98
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 13, 2020, 5:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from BIron

UTI

I can barely imagine what sort of conversation you might have got if it had been Hurst on that train! I suspect you may have slept most of the way to Sheffield.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 98
mimma
February 13, 2020, 5:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
If Adkin's radio interviews are anything to go by, he only made one single point in that hour😁

Never heard anyone labour a point for as long as he did.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.