Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Charlie, new deal
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 261 Guests

Charlie, new deal

This thread currently has 14,281 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
February 13, 2020, 4:44am
Guest User
CV's first against Colchester was so impressive: he was facing mostly away from goal when he received it; two quick touches and he's buried it.

If he can replicate that he could score in the premiership.

So...yes he needs tying down...with a 20/25 million release clause to fvck off Peterborough!
Reply: 40 - 80
Heisenberg
February 13, 2020, 10:22am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,044
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from 137
CV's first against Colchester was so impressive: he was facing mostly away from goal when he received it; two quick touches and he's buried it.

If he can replicate that he could score in the premiership.

So...yes he needs tying down...with a 20/25 million release clause to fvck off Peterborough!

I have to say, I think he'll leave for nothing.  I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but if a League 1 club comes knocking, they will see an absolute bargain there, and paying him comparatively big bucks will be easy.

Let's hope we can tie him down, but I'd imagine his agent will be advising him to move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 80
Mariner Timsky
February 13, 2020, 10:41am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
It's over to Ollie now and what he wants for next season , , , , if Chaz is part of his plans which I would imagine he surely has to be then a new contract has to be sorted now and announced very soon and then get them Season tickets on sale  

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 80
Abdul19
February 13, 2020, 11:06am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
He won't leave for nothing as he's under 24. We would at least get £9.37 for him.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 80
Mariner Timsky
February 13, 2020, 11:09am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Abdul19
He won't leave for nothing as he's under 24. We would at least get £9.37 M for him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 80
lew chaterleys lover
February 13, 2020, 11:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Heisenberg

I have to say, I think he'll leave for nothing.  I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but if a League 1 club comes knocking, they will see an absolute bargain there, and paying him comparatively big bucks will be easy.

Let's hope we can tie him down, but I'd imagine his agent will be advising him to move on.

I have read that although his contract is coming to an end,the club have the option of a further year.

Not sure how that works, but presumably we will be offering an improved longer term contract to tempt him to stay.

I imagine a main plank of Ollie's strategy to move up the leagues, is to develop young players and sell them at a hefty profit to give us the funds he will need so contracts will be important.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 80
Heisenberg
February 13, 2020, 12:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,044
Gold Stars: 93

I have read that although his contract is coming to an end,the club have the option of a further year.

Not sure how that works, but presumably we will be offering an improved longer term contract to tempt him to stay.

I imagine a main plank of Ollie's strategy to move up the leagues, is to develop young players and sell them at a hefty profit to give us the funds he will need so contracts will be important.

Ah, now that sounds really promising.

My understanding of 'options' is that it depends who has the option.  If it's with the club, they can extend the deal and inform the player of their intention - this is what happened with Harry davis this year, isn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 80
chrissy
February 13, 2020, 12:31pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
He is a local lad so lets hope he wants to stay on Ollie's bus and see how far it can take him.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 80
diehardmariner
February 13, 2020, 1:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,608
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Heisenberg

Ah, now that sounds really promising.

My understanding of 'options' is that it depends who has the option.  If it's with the club, they can extend the deal and inform the player of their intention - this is what happened with Harry davis this year, isn't it?

Essentially, yes.  I think it's quite common that agents will negotiate a caveat when the deal is in the clubs favour, something like a pay increase if the option is exercised.  Based on his current form, I think it's fair to say that any renegotiation would be looking at a pay increase anyway.

When the option is in the favour of the player, it's usually based on appearances which is why we see it sometimes where a club will stop playing a player to avoid reaching the number of games where a new contract is triggered.  Usually cash-strapped clubs who end up doing this, unless they can get the player to agree to waive there extension option.

Great news that we've got the option on Vernam.  The fact we appear to be in talks suggests that we're looking to keep him on a deal that goes beyond the summer of 2021.  
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 80
Northbank Mariner
February 13, 2020, 1:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
I'm convinced we'll not lose CV this summer, in essence he's had half a dozen performances of any note, the last 3 being his best by far, but prior to that he'd gone unnoticed and had to drop to a bottom of the national League just to get game time.
I would expect the scouts will now be out looking at him, but cannot see an offer coming in from anyone who would interest him.
If he plays excellent in the last 14 games maybe someone will take a punt on him, that being said, if he's loving his football here and believes Holloway will getting him playing even better, it would be more advantageous for his progression and increase his chances of getting a move higher up the pyramid staying with us for at least the 2920/2021 season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Charlie, new deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.