9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
February 14, 2020, 10:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,406
Gold Stars: 532
Whilst I understand the points about the hype becoming over the top, I respectively disagree.  I don't know if it's a Grimsby thing but we seem to play down everything positive.  There's been so little to get excited about in the last 20 years following this club, perhaps people can be forgiven for getting a bit excited.

It's not just what he's producing on the pitch.  It's the air of expectation when he gets the ball now.   Away at Bradford you could almost feel the side stand willing the ball to come over to him.   That's the point I made regards Oster and Townsend, they're the only two players I can remember (perhaps Ivano although he was a talent in a very talented team) who created that level of buzz when they got the ball.  Oster as the young, swashbuckling talent with Townsend as someone just playing miles below his natural level.

The frustration with Dembele was that for his tricks and close control, he very rarely went anywhere with it.  He was 100% a rough diamond and it appears that he's now showing his true potential at Peterborough, albeit in a more advanced role than he played here.  Vernam is producing, both goals and assists.  
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Charlie, new deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.