Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Club not for sale..
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 316 Guests

Club not for sale..

This thread currently has 11,923 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
February 1, 2020, 9:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
If there is no takeover it’s right to take the club “off the market” as we’d never get a penny of regeneration funding for a move if it wasn’t clear who the owners would be going forward.

Now for the minute at least there isn’t going to be w big takeover and IH is adding a feel good factor on and off the pitch maybe we could attract a couple of “smaller” investors to the board who could add a few hundred grand and some expertise to move us towards Fresno at pace.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 84
lew chaterleys lover
February 1, 2020, 10:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
If there is to be no takeover, then the other route is further substantial investment to go alongside the current board.

In effect Ollie has become the takeover - the one person with the vision and expertise to see what we might become in 5 or 10 years.

We have to hope that further investors will come on board now that we are moving in the right direction with the most high profile manager we have had for decades, who seems determined to create a legacy.

I don't know where the millions will come from for the stadium though. Reading what Fenty said today, it seems we are right back at the beginning in reality. All good intentions, but where is the money going to come from bearing in mind even a modest community stadium will cost millions?

I was rather hoping that Ollie was privelege to more information about the stadium than has been made public which helped persuade him to come here, but reading todays piece it seems no nearer at all.  
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 84
ginnywings
February 1, 2020, 10:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Roy "Chubby" Brown was in the ticket office today. Perhaps we could tap him up. The Chubby Pontoon  anyone?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 84
HertsGTFC
February 1, 2020, 10:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
If there is to be no takeover, then the other route is further substantial investment to go alongside the current board.

In effect Ollie has become the takeover - the one person with the vision and expertise to see what we might become in 5 or 10 years.

We have to hope that further investors will come on board now that we are moving in the right direction with the most high profile manager we have had for decades, who seems determined to create a legacy.

I don't know where the millions will come from for the stadium though. Reading what Fenty said today, it seems we are right back at the beginning in reality. All good intentions, but where is the money going to come from bearing in mind even a modest community stadium will cost millions?

I was rather hoping that Ollie was privelege to more information about the stadium than has been made public which helped persuade him to come here, but reading todays piece it seems no nearer at all.  

You’d be amazed what falls under the heading of “suitable for an infrastructure regeneration grant” in the mind of the conservatives. Why support the NHS, address the housing shortage and provide subsidised adult care when you can build a football stadium? ........ as a tax payer I’ll still go though as I’ll feel like I’m a stake holder who has a share in the asset.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 84
MuddyWaters
February 1, 2020, 10:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,236
Gold Stars: 235

I’d rather have the devil you know without the makeweights (Chapman and Marley) but with the Trust directors driving things along. Things can happen but need everyone pulling in the same direction. We are not back at square one, it’s not all finished, but FFS, let’s give it a go!
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 84
Heisenberg
February 1, 2020, 11:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,044
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from ginnywings
Roy "Chubby" Brown was in the ticket office today. Perhaps we could tap him up. The Chubby Pontoon  anyone?

A ‘Boro fan, but yes, by all accounts goes to the odd town game as he lives in Tetney, I think.

Saw him once in Conisholme and couldn’t believe my eyes! Lots of people have told me he’s a really nice guy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 84
aldi_01
February 1, 2020, 11:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Imagine a redevelop programme led by Marley and Day...Marley being a bloke who literally said ‘call your self a fan and you don’t know who I am’...seriously.

Since honest John took over he’s always claimed the club will remain up for sale...why take it off sale now.

So, in his words people couldn’t ‘prove funds’ what ever that means and haven’t met deadlines that mean nothing to them but mean everything to the club. Simple fact is, John needs them more than they need him...

To say we’re not up for sale is foolish given the reinvigorated atmosphere and interest in the club.

People are entitled to opinions and that’s what football is about but it’s impossible to get behind anything this current Board are involved with after they took us to the lowest position in our history...and have made countless mistakes...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 84
Northbank Mariner
February 2, 2020, 7:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from aldi_01
Imagine a redevelop programme led by Marley and Day...Marley being a bloke who literally said ‘call your self a fan and you don’t know who I am’...seriously.

Since honest John took over he’s always claimed the club will remain up for sale...why take it off sale now.

So, in his words people couldn’t ‘prove funds’ what ever that means and haven’t met deadlines that mean nothing to them but mean everything to the club. Simple fact is, John needs them more than they need him...

To say we’re not up for sale is foolish given the reinvigorated atmosphere and interest in the club.

People are entitled to opinions and that’s what football is about but it’s impossible to get behind anything this current Board are involved with after they took us to the lowest position in our history...and have made countless mistakes...

Just to counter that, the board have shown immense incompetence in the running of the club, I will agree with that, mainly due to having no clue on how to run a football successfully.
They now have a new member on the board who knows exactly how the inner workings of a football club should run, if you listened to Holloway's ," at home with Colin Murray" he goes into how he was taught the financial side of a football club, what it takes to make it successful.
So, Holloway has not only come in to manage this team, he's come in to steer this club in the right direction.If Fenty and Co screw this opportunity up then there's no excuses and the club could well and truly be up the mire.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 84
buckstown
February 2, 2020, 8:04am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
This is the first time in living memory that the club has appointed a "name" as manager and it's just possible that Olly has shown JF the light. If you're serious about getting your money back you have to make the product more saleable by investing in the team and infrastructure. That will generate more profit and make the club more attractive
Don't forget JF is a town fan and it's possible that Olly has enthused him as well as us. I can honestly see Olly at council meetings selling GTFC to them as a means to regenerate Grimsby as a whole. If they can do that they can create income to invest in other services as mentioned in an earlier post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 84
TheRealJohnLewis
February 2, 2020, 9:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
The club has never been for sale, despite what JF has said the past if he had really wanted to sell he would have.  His ego will not let him sell until he HAS no other choice than to sell.  He loves the spotlight and everything as always been about him, he's even back in the Mariner magazine so he can show us how wonderful he is. He's only interested in his money and himself.

I think Holloway is amazing and will do well for this club, but his charm offensive does not mean I will forget the past 20 years of incompetence that Fenty has delivered!  Realistically how long will Holloway be here? 2-3 years and then we are back to living the Fenty dream!
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Club not for sale..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.