Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Club not for sale..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 144 Guests

Club not for sale..

This thread currently has 11,899 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
February 2, 2020, 12:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
To allay any fears of yet another false dawn regarding a new stadium and avoid any more prolonged conjecture, I'd like to think that the interested parties, GTFC, NELC, The Freemen Of Grimsby, architects and property developers could get their heads together and come up with a bare framework of a plan by the summer. Something the public of NE Lincs and the wider fanbase of GTFC can all get behind and buy into. If bringing the plan to reality requires public money flowing in from the Government to back up its election promise to the northern heartlands, then so be it. It's about time places like Grimsby get their fair share for once. An immediate outward impression of extreme urgency is required from the boardroom to capitalise on the initial feelgood factor that IH has brought with him.. he can't do it all on his own..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 84
Heisenberg
February 2, 2020, 1:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,926
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Sorry, but it's all rubbish. If Mr A.N. Millionaire makes Fenty an acceptable offer and has all the things in place that Shutes and Dodd were unwilling/unabled to provide then Fenty would sell the club tomorrow wherever we are in the new stadium project. A club like Grimsby is always for sale. Does anybody serious believe Fenty would refuse to even discuss a sale if an offer was made.

Yesterday's piece was just a well timed (for once) bit of PR. Everyone is happy for once and rowing in the same direction. Fenty has dangled a new stadium as a further bit of PR to abate those who still want him out.

Let's see how fast the new stadium happens? Given the site is already demolished there is very little to stop the project moving forward quickly. Plans and stadium design in place and contractor contract awarded by end of the June. Planning passed by end October (subject to appeals etc,,,), Start working on site February to March next year with 15 month time frame for completion. Open for start of 2022/23 season. Seems like quite a feasible time frame if we are really serious about building a new stadium. Worse case scenario a year longer if there are setbacks at stages of process.

In general I would agree with that timeframe, but I don’t believe we even have the plans ready for submission. The first thing the club should do is have a public fans forum and ask the fans exactly what features any new ground should have. Then design it.

The problem with getting a contractor on board is they would do due diligence on the club and realise the money doesn’t exist.

If the council came up with the money, then the club would just be tenants, meaning future ability to make money would be limited.

What the club needs is money. The CLUB’S money. This would also be a relief to the council who are, by all accounts, also on their bare ar#e.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 84
Mayaman
February 2, 2020, 1:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,391
Gold Stars: 73
I wish we could knock it up in 7 days like the Chinese are doing with their hospitals
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 84
Ipswin
February 2, 2020, 1:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Heisenberg

If the council came up with the money, then the club would just be tenants, meaning future ability to make money would be limited.

It works OK for Colchester (on worse gates than ours too) Don't forget how much you save on stadium upkeep etc

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 84
Rik e B
February 2, 2020, 4:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I got a Russian oligarch here with 100 million he wants to pump straight into club. Not for sale? Okay I'll let him know.

🤔😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 84
malkamalka
February 2, 2020, 4:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Has anybody else thought that getting a high profile Manager in could be a way of attracting buyers? I think GTFC has had more publicity in a month than at any time going back to the Bonetti/Laws Chicken fight.

This time though, it's all warm and good.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 84
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2020, 6:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Naming rights to stadium
Naming rights to 4 stands
Sale of bp
Grants
Bit of help from the council
Sell the Findus stand to a race course
Just for starters

Naming rights are not grants, neither are any of the others apart from ‘bit of help from the council’. Nor does it answer the question’how much?’

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 84
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2020, 6:40pm
Meths Drinker
Nothing will happen bar more months and years of talks unless someone finds Theresa May’s magic money tree. Has the council really got that much capital available to it it can pump millions into construction of a football ground? I’ll believe it when I see it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 84
malkamalka
February 2, 2020, 6:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Nothing will happen bar more months and years of talks unless someone finds Theresa May’s magic money tree. Has the council really got that much capital available to it it can pump millions into construction of a football ground? I’ll believe it when I see it.

Maybe the club can get Johnson's ex on board to do the fundraising?

Apparently she has quite a head for that sort of thing  

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 84
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2020, 7:06pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from malkamalka

Maybe the club can get Johnson's ex on board to do the fundraising?

Apparently she has quite a head for that sort of thing  

It’ll take ages with that method. I thought the going rate was a bottle of wine, going by that video that was doing the rounds the other month. 😆

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Club not for sale..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.