arryarryarry
January 29, 2020, 7:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from moosey_club

As he dumped us then we are rightfully the bitter ex arent we ?

He took over when we were at our pretty much lowest ever position , only one way for us to go for any organised managerial set up with the resources available, he eventually limped us over the line to promotion.....forever grateful for that...... but........ he remains a mono-toned, boring, defensive set, percentage based manager who pretty much wherever he has been refuses to accept responsibility for any of his selection/tactical failures.
I highlighted a couple of weeks ago in his post match interview where he blamed everyone from the oppositions backroom staff to the ref for a defeat where he changed the tactics/set up to suit the opposition...sound familiar ?
He has become increasingly vocal in recent weeks about the perceived budget/ plan that he was sold when he took over which now appears completely different, also has hung out several members of his squad this season.

Shrewsbury was a pefect move for him, fans desperate to survive which he delivered with his do not lose mentaility....Ipswich and Scunny had more expectant fans who wanted/ expected instant success....never suited to those clubs IMO and ill advised career moves but i guess financially he has done ok out of both in the shorter term.

He may well be perfect for a struggling relegation great escape style appointment in the next couple of months but his stock will no doubt be falling now.

He was 50% of the management team that took us to our lowest ever position equalling 11th place in the Conference that Woods took us to.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 145
arryarryarry
January 29, 2020, 7:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from It Bites
All this Hurst Doig hate is beyond pathetic and extremely childish .  Can’t you move on ffs . I’d cup my ear at you miserable moaning poor excuse for football fans . He was a good manager for us and did great things with the limitations that all others failed with .

What great things and which other managers?

As has been alluded before we were a few minutes from the likelyhood of still being in the National League but for a Braintree player to completely lose the plot.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 145
forza ivano
January 29, 2020, 7:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,208
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from ginnywings
Listened to his post match last night and he was having a right chunter at his thin squad, saying he was having to put under 23's in the match day squad and he had no option but to keep playing the same players every game. Aye, just as we have for a while Paul.He sounded right cheesed off so it's no surprise he's gone. Could have jumped or been pushed. Neither would be a surprise.

So a bit like what limbrick and holloway have had to do for the last couple of months?? Didnt hear too much moaning from them, more a chance to give the youngsters a go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 145
Ipswin
January 29, 2020, 7:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from GollyGTFC

[url=https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/uk-world-news/neil-warnock-gary-lineker-sala-15775934]Explained here[/url]

In that case to answer your question I have nothing against him at all, in fact I rate him very highly.
So highly that I don't want him to go to Scunthorpe as I think it wouldn't be long before he takes them back up, possibly before we make it

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 145
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 29, 2020, 7:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from arryarryarry

What great things and which other managers?

As has been alluded before we were a few minutes from the likelyhood of still being in the National League but for a Braintree player to completely lose the plot.

Hurst had that good fortune and the injury to Monkhouse to thank for the promotion. When he went to the Shrews any result was going to make him a hero and he was able to get his little nucleus of players together. The team was at the top for much of the season but for some reason they stopped going for goals and started playing for draws and ended in the play offs. So great manager? I think not.

Nevertheless, I don't wish him any misfortune. He already has enough and it could be he is on the same slippery slope as Slade.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 145
HertsGTFC
January 29, 2020, 8:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
It would appear that Swann doesn’t quite understand his “league 1 budget” won’t guarantee success.

If it wasn’t Hurst it would have been some other patsy as a victim of Pete’s trigger finger.

So for the Scunts......... Jolley in?😂😂😂

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 145
promotion plaice
January 29, 2020, 8:10pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 199
Quoted from Cricklewoodmariner
And then a hero comes along...

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/489838/stream_img.jpg[/img]

Disclaimer: No one was hurt in the posting of this picture.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 145
Bristol Mariner
January 29, 2020, 8:13pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from davmariner
I wish Hurst no ill. We can hardly say we’ve been better off since he left and although it took longer than we wanted, he did get us back up to the Football League.

110% agree. Slade to Scunny?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 145
aldi_01
January 29, 2020, 8:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HertsGTFC
It would appear that Swann doesn’t quite understand his “league 1 budget” won’t guarantee success.

If it wasn’t Hurst it would have been some other patsy as a victim of Pete’s trigger finger.

So for the Scunts......... Jolley in?😂😂😂

Swann is clearly trying to over take Fenty in the manager stakes...both also went after redevelopment opportunities which would’ve benefited their own pockets more than the clubs...

As you say, whoever the manager at Scunny, they would’ve been under pressure all year. I don’t know if the club believed it would bounce back instantly but if they did, any manager was a hiding to nothing...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 145
Marinerz93
January 29, 2020, 8:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I think Hursts next job might be in IT, he was good with computers wasn't he.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 145
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.