Gaffer58
January 30, 2020, 8:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
[quote=2226]
Scunny have today won their appeal to have van Veen's red card rescinded.

So if it’s rescinded are the powers that be saying the ref got it wrong, the consequences for scunny were quite severe, possibly ensured they lost the game that resulted in the sacking the manager. I know we have all suffered at the hands of crap refs, but do the league give them a slap on the wrist for being useless.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 145
Poojah
January 30, 2020, 8:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,424
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from Gaffer58
[quote=2226]

So if it’s rescinded are the powers that be saying the ref got it wrong, the consequences for scunny were quite severe, possibly ensured they lost the game that resulted in the sacking the manager. I know we have all suffered at the hands of crap refs, but do the league give them a slap on the wrist for being useless.

I don’t know if there’s such a thing as an ‘unlucky manager’, but Hurst always had an uncanny knack of things going against him at crucial times.

Ian Miller’s late own goal in our first play-off game against Newport. Macca throwing one in against Gateshead the following year, followed by Scott Neilson’s ridiculous red card. THAT yellow card against Rovers. The Pope’s penalty which went into outer space. All things he could do nothing about.

Maybe it’s a question of outlook. Positive things happen to positive people.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 145
Rik e B
January 30, 2020, 8:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I like your last sentence, that a mantra I live by but Hurst was a bit spawny at Braintree and dare I say it with Operation Promotion providing him Omar Bogle

(although officially it didn't help pay for him and was a big thorn in the heirachys behind 🙄)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 145
moosey_club
January 30, 2020, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Gaffer58
[quote=2226]

in this instance i am sure the FA would use the fact the player overreaction to the contact misled the referee as opposed to the referee actually making a mistake and needing some re-training.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 145
WesternMariner
January 31, 2020, 3:05pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +887
Gold Stars: 38
My Scunny supporting mate tells me that Swann has said there was a complete breakdown in the relationship between Hurst and him over the proposed signing of one Lennell John Lewis. Player came and failed his medical so Swann says the deal is dead and Hurst insisted he wanted to bring him in anyway. Swann says we’ve got enough injured players without buying one who’s already crocked and PH spat his dummy out.

I’m only passing on what I’ve been told......

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 145
The_Laughing_Mariner
January 31, 2020, 3:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Now Lee Novak has gone to Bradford

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 145
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.