Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
Holloway's attacking style demands you have players who are good with the ball
Sadly, we have a few who aren't
Hence mistakes are repeated
Ball given away cheaply
He won't change his philosophy which is good
So we will have to find players who are good on the ball

Second half front six were virtually anonymous - but part of that was Crawley grabbed hold of the game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 127
Stockport Mariner
January 25, 2020, 5:07pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
Think this puts to bed any idea that Holloway is going to be some kind of tactical genius. Not sure why though for Crawleys 2nd goal Hendrie and Glennon were so far up the pitch. Hendrie was on the edge of their box and Glennon was trying to cross from the byline. Left us totally exposed. If you’re chasing a goal fair enough, but we weren’t.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 127
Madeleymariner
January 25, 2020, 5:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Vernam and Clarke totally  disappeared 2nd half, Creepies were faster, stronger and at the end looked fitter than most of our team. So disappointed after a great 1st half display that we totally lost our shape in the 2nd. Palmer and Nadeson showed how to work as an attacking force with Palmer especially using his experience of knowing when to fall over if he didnt win his headers. We were stretched all over the place, midfield crumbled and then when its 2-2 Clifton decides to repeat last weeks fail to kick a ball 5 yards and presents them with the winner. Had chances at the end but no lucky deflections on 3 shots blocked close range in 6 yrd box, We need some of Ollies missus white magic to lift this curse we seem to have. Still rather see us lose 3-2 than 1-0 at least there was some entertainment. UTMM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 127
HertsGTFC
January 25, 2020, 5:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
We get in some great positions but a mix of endless passing backwards or poor delivery is really frustrating

When they scored their 2nd you’d think we where the ones chasing the game

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 127
sonofmadeleymariner
January 25, 2020, 5:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Ipswin
Anyone got any views on Hessenthaler's performances of late? Has he been as anonymous as it seems?

I've thought the same, I said last week he had a poor game and this week he just didn't seem to be in the game.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 127
sonofmadeleymariner
January 25, 2020, 5:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
After what was a brilliant first half the second was such a let down. Their changes worked our didn't even get close. They looked stronger and fitter, they moved the ball quicker and we just looked like we were on the back foot most of the 45.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 127
Marinerz93
January 25, 2020, 5:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
A bit of a rollercoaster of a game, we are going to be a work in progress until Olley fully assesses who he will wants to keep for next season. Several players with wayward passes and giving the ball away too cheaply and not enough pressing cost us today.

A few of them will certainly need to up their game, especially on 2nd half showing. I don't see this side troubling the play off's this season and I think at least half the first team will be moved on if they don't start performing at least the basics of passing to their own players, still too many balls lumped forward we don't win and not enough play on the wing.

You could argue that on another day we could have of made it 3-3 but I feel today we were beaten by a side who wanted it more and used guile to win it, albeit with slightly better players.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 127
mariner91
January 25, 2020, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,637
Gold Stars: 261
We have a squad that is lacking in pace, athleticism and strength. It is very one paced, particularly through the middle. The performances are far better than under Jolley but until we sort out the physical shortcomings we are likely to be our competed.

Agree with those saying Clifton isn’t good enough. He’s just not good enough on the ball. If he wasn’t local people would be questioning why he starts. Also thought Ohman looked clumsy all game, still not sure why some seem to rate him so highly. And Pollock needs to learn from today’s game, should have played smarter against their athletic and physical front line. Also should have wiped out number 10 on the halfway line when they countered to equalise. He’s young, he’ll make mistakes I accept that.

Front six missing after 60 minutes and that needs addressing or subs making earlier. Wright made an impact just by upping the intensity.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 127
Roast Em Bobby
January 25, 2020, 5:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,722
Gold Stars: 44
I never realised just how slow Pollock is, until today. If we are going to throw more men forward, we need a fast centre back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 127
MuddyWaters
January 25, 2020, 5:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235

I've thought the same, I said last week he had a poor game and this week he just didn't seem to be in the game.

Maybe he suited the Jolley style but not the Ollie style. We seem to be playing more attacking football which suits Whitehouse as a box to box player which isn’t necessarily Hess’s strength.
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crawley thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.