TAGG
January 25, 2020, 5:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from denni266
Clifton needs dropping. he has cost us points now in two games up to now. all the hard work going to waste.. i know if we are going to attack more we will not defend as weel but these mistakes has to stop now

Like all the lads Clifton was spot on in the first half, it was when he was moved further forward and we tried playing with more width in the second half things went wrong.
Clifton was swamped in the position he was playing.
The second half performance was down to the manager for changing things around when he didnt need to.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 127
toontown
January 25, 2020, 5:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,276
Gold Stars: 70
I agree that Hess has been one who's performances have suffered under Ollie. He is an amazing breaker up of oppo play but very one paced and uncreative on the ball, his preference is usually to go sideways or backwards. I don't think that is how Ollie wants him to play.

In the middle with Clifton white house and Hess we have loads of energy and determination but little creativity, and only Clifton is not slow. Under Ollie white house has blossomed somewhat tho, as he is probably the most natural attacking midfielder of the trio.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 127
mariner91
January 25, 2020, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,636
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Don't be a male private...so far he's managed 30 minutes, he's lost the ball nearly every time he's had it, managed one pass to one of his own players...so, as far as I can see he's not an upgrade on Robson, he may prove to be and I hope he is, but I've not seen enough to say he will be..

He’s barely turned 20, has barely played competitive football before and has managed 30 minutes off the bench both times when we’re chasing the game. But yeah, go ahead and judge him on that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 127
Northbank Mariner
January 25, 2020, 5:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Abdul19
Why did you think Benson would be an upgrade on Robson out of interest? Never played senior football before a week ago.

I never said he would be, but he's been brought in to play a similar role so he's either got to prove he's as good or better than Robson..and knowing Robson is now available to come back we may have slipped up there...time will tell..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 127
Ipswin
January 25, 2020, 6:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Gaffer58
, haven’t you all got on board with “ in Ollie we trust” yet.

I think there are still a lot of people who got on board with 'in Jolley we trust' so their committment is perhaps understandable

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 127
Northbank Mariner
January 25, 2020, 6:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from mariner91

He’s barely turned 20, has barely played competitive football before and has managed 30 minutes off the bench both times when we’re chasing the game. But yeah, go ahead and judge him on that.

So why sign him then?...waste of a wage with that attitude..not sure Robson had anymore experience than Benson and as I said to Abdul, with Robson now being available I think we may have been to quick to bring in a replacement.
We don't have time to bring in loan players that aren't ready for first team football, no point in trying to blood someone else's player, would rather bring one of our through if that's the case
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 127
Ipswin
January 25, 2020, 6:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

no point in trying to blood someone else's player, would rather bring one of our through if that's the case

That is an extremely good point

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 127
monkeyboy
January 25, 2020, 6:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Don’t get ohman being criticised? Think our defence as a whole is very good. It’s our midfield that is weak. Whitehouse, Hewitt and Clifton not good enough. Hess reasonable.
Our mid really is pretty dire
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 127
Abdul19
January 25, 2020, 6:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Benson could be ready for first team football, hard to tell from 18 minutes. I hope so, we shall see!

Re experience, Robson played 13 games in the SPL last season so had a bit more.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 127
toontown
January 25, 2020, 6:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,276
Gold Stars: 70

I never said he would be, but he's been brought in to play a similar role so he's either got to prove he's as good or better than Robson..and knowing Robson is now available to come back we may have slipped up there...time will tell..

I think the comments made by Ollie in the Friday gathering were pretty telling on that score - seemed Gibson and Robson agents had demanded fees were paid if they did not feature each week. Had jolley's trousers down and shafted him basically. Ollie is not willing to put up with that and told the new players agents to do one when they asked for it and the players wanted to come regardless.

Jolley, and probably any or our managers  sinve getting back into the league, have not had the status to resist those sort of demands. Ollie does.

Answers a question of mi e actually, when Gibson was first featuring regularly I had asked if loan contracts could stipulate we had to pay his wages if we didn't play him. I thought he was a downgrade on Hendrie on the left so wondered if that was the reason we played him instead. To be fair he developed into a steady defensive full back but was never any more than  mediocre goin forward. Quite Possibly these fees influenced him getting the nod.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 127
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crawley thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.