Garth
January 25, 2020, 6:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Hagrid
By all accounts pollock was shattered after 70 mins so would imagine we’ll see waterfall back in.

He was lucky not to be seriously injured when he got poleaxed, seemed to be carrying a knock after that tbf
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 127
Maringer
January 25, 2020, 7:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,671
Gold Stars: 189
A bit of physicality in midfield is certainly one thing we have lost since Robson left he was an athletic six-footer who really began to get stuck in and make a difference the midfield area during his last few weeks at the club. With the best will in the world, Hessenthaler, Clifton and Whitehouse aren't equipped to put themselves about in the same way, not that any of them are lacking in effort.

Didn't go today but it sounds as though we are getting punished when we make even relatively minor mistakes. On another day, we might have got away with one or two of them. With a more expansive style of play, we're going to make more errors. We just need to make sure we bag enough goals to make up for some of these and also, if possible, tighten up a bit more at the back as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 127
fishcake63
January 26, 2020, 7:24am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
i'v been banging the drum for ages waterfall & davis are our best centre back pairing , any team in our league would struggle without 1 never mind both of them , would like to see them back nxt week
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 127
Northbank Mariner
January 26, 2020, 7:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Just watched the highlights, Pollock needs to get a bit more streetwise for me, he's got a massive future there's no doubting that but he looked leggy and their lad left him for dead.
And I'm not sure putting Clifton in front of the back 4 works either, he's not as composed on the ball das Hessenthailer and we do need a midfielder who can control the game better.
All in all we appear to be getting forward quicker and at least taking shots now, where as under Jolley all the players seemed scared to take a pot shot and we tried to walk it into the net.
If you watch Glennon at full-time his heads in hands, definitely can see this team want to win and play for the gaffer.
On to Tuesday and would love to see a "front foot" approach and some goals...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 127
Hagrid
January 26, 2020, 7:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Yep pollock has to be more streetwise for the 2nd. Take the yellow bring him down. But he’s 18 years old he will make mistakes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 127
toontown
January 26, 2020, 10:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Just watched the highlights, Pollock needs to get a bit more streetwise for me, he's got a massive future there's no doubting that but he looked leggy and their lad left him for dead.
And I'm not sure putting Clifton in front of the back 4 works either, he's not as composed on the ball das Hessenthailer and we do need a midfielder who can control the game better.
All in all we appear to be getting forward quicker and at least taking shots now, where as under Jolley all the players seemed scared to take a pot shot and we tried to walk it into the net.
If you watch Glennon at full-time his heads in hands, definitely can see this team want to win and play for the gaffer.
On to Tuesday and would love to see a "front foot" approach and some goals...

I suspect what u say about Hess no longer being in front of the back 4 and us getting the ball forward quicker are related to be honest so it's swings and roundabouts. Getting the ball forward, and especially getting it forward quickly is not Hess's game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 127
OllieGTFC
January 27, 2020, 6:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Honestly I’ll probably get slated for this I don’t rate Harry Clifton at all am sorry to say it but I really don’t

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 127
KingstonMariner
January 27, 2020, 7:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Honestly I’ll probably get slated for this I don’t rate Harry Clifton at all am sorry to say it but I really don’t

Surprised to see the manager expressing his opinions on this forum 😄

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 127
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crawley thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.