8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 18, 2020, 5:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,096
Gold Stars: 548
Much like the Scunny game, lot's of if only's.

We just can't seem to get te ball in the net, but it's not for want of trying. Their keeper had a blinder and i still don't know how he kept out Clarke's header. We still look a little hesitant at times, and it was hesitancy from Clifton that cost us the game, with their best player finishing off an attack that shouldn't have happened.

Exeter are a good side and once in front, managed the last 20 mins expertly. We deserved at least a point, but if you don't score when on top, you pay the price.

At least it was an enjoyable game and we actually look a threat now going forward.

Frustrating but heading in the right direction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
January 18, 2020, 5:34pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,993
Gold Stars: 193

The one word I heard from a lot of Town fans on the way out of the ground.... "UNLUCKY"

When your disappointed you didn't get a draw against a team 2nd from top things are looking up.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 74
Mighty_Mariner
January 18, 2020, 5:37pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Very frustrating but the positives are clear to see and far outweigh any negatives. We look threatening going forward and defended very well.

I wa very impressed with Clarke today, he showed some great quality throughout and only a wonder save prevented him from getting another goal.

I'm not convinced Clifton is at the level required from that deep role, he's hesitant and doesn't have the bison ro range of passing to get us going quickly IMO.

Crowd were great today and hopefully can see the improvements that have been made already.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 74
ginnywings
January 18, 2020, 5:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Forgot to say that i thought Pollock was awesome, and we will sell him for a big fee one day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 74
Hagrid
January 18, 2020, 5:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,343
Gold Stars: 527
Thought 2 CB’s were outstanding. Won everything. Clarke my MOM looks a clever player. Mistake cost us, subs didnt work thought we lost our rhythm. Can see why they were made just didnt work out it happens
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 74
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 18, 2020, 5:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
As a non-attender with a sore ear I can't comment really on the performance other than to say it sounded like we had a tremendous amount of possession but still couldn't buy a goal. Perhaps there will be some thing better happening in the penalty box when the new lads get settled and the Hanson/Clarke duet starts working. I fancy the side selected for the next game will be quite different to today's starting XI.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 74
GtfcGarner
January 18, 2020, 5:59pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Echo above except I feel like Clifton's passing range was brilliant? Two 50 yarders in the first half to switch play. Clarke looks to be a clever signing very very good with the ball. Feel in the first half we was so much the better team but didn't have a proper striker to make them runs in behind. Only negative today was Hendrie for me looked so uncomfortable and unwilling to go past his winger to create an overlap. Can't be too tough on the team though as I feel we controlled the majority of that game today. Onwards and upwards UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 74
dicko995
January 18, 2020, 6:13pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Hendrie is carrying an injury, but desperate to play, just goes to show the willingness of these players. Think he may be rested a bit now .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 74
grimsby pete
January 18, 2020, 6:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from dicko995
Hendrie is carrying an injury, but desperate to play, just goes to show the willingness of these players. Think he may be rested a bit now .

Yes Ollie said he needs a rest with his injury so expect him to have next weekend off.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 74
headingly_mariner
January 18, 2020, 6:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Played well today. Thought Ollie got it spot on for much of the game and we just couldn’t score.
Gutted for clifton on the goal because he was fantastic today, first half he was the best player on the pitch.
Completely agree regarding Pollock as well, it’s unbelievable that he is only 18. We were lacking a centre forward for much of the game today.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 74
mimma
January 18, 2020, 6:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
Clifton was unlucky at the end with a brilliant overhead kick that was only just over the bar.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 74
MuddyWaters
January 18, 2020, 7:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Just a word for the much maligned Whitehouse who performed really well today. MoM either Clarke or Pollock.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 74
Northbank Mariner
January 18, 2020, 7:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,441
Gold Stars: 171
Definite signs of a better style of football and noticeable how Macca was throwing and passing the ball out rather than hoofing it..well up until Hanson coming on then he resorted to type...
Thought Billy Clarke did really well, unlucky with his header and hit an absolute corker which again brought a flying stop out if their keeper.
Don't know why it happened but Vernham just didn't get going second half, be it us not getting the ball to him or maybe tired legs.
Pollock, well what can you say, mammoth in defence and played some decent balls down the channels...
All in all although we lost, more to be positive about and can certainly see us becoming one of the better "footballing" teams in league 2 under Holloway...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 74
TAGG
January 18, 2020, 7:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,973
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Just a word for the much maligned Whitehouse who performed really well today. MoM either Clarke or Pollock.

Strange how people see things
Agree with Pollock. Did ye see the 40 yard pass down the line from his head. Fookin ace.
Whitehouse to me was absolutely dog excrement while one the pitch but was great last week.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 74
sydney
January 18, 2020, 7:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Whitehouse better an hopefully under IH he will
Continue to Improve
Hanson looked class today as well when he came on
Two Worldys from their keeper cost us at least a draw
But happy that we MORE than matched one of the best sides in the division who will be in the auto spots this year
Great effort lads
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 74
Maringer
January 18, 2020, 7:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,382
Gold Stars: 184
Whitehouse played well. Perhaps a bit more technically capable than I realised before today. Lots of decent passing and deft touches. He's never going to be a world beater but did perfectly well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 74
promotion plaice
January 18, 2020, 7:59pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,993
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from promotion plaice

The one word I heard from a lot of Town fans on the way out of the ground.... "UNLUCKY"

When your disappointed you didn't get a draw against a team 2nd from top things are looking up.

Sorry slight error in my previous post...get at least a draw

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 74
oochiad
January 18, 2020, 8:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
Really enjoyed that even though we lost. We’re going places and that’s for sure! Ollie very honest in his interview about the subs not working out as he wished be we can be sure that in time they’ll all know what they’re supposed to be doing. It’s been along time coming this feeling of real optimism. UTMM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 74
TownSNAFU5
January 18, 2020, 8:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,841
Gold Stars: 42
We played very well in the first-half.  Unlucky not to score at least one goal.  Also encouraging in front of a big crowd.

We lost our way for most of the second-half, after about the 50th minute.  Maybe a combination of us getting tired and frustrated for not having scored after all the hard work?  Exeter also stepped up a bit.

Ollie said that our subs probably weakened the team rather than improved things.  Understandable that he wanted to see how his new players performed.  I would have liked to see Max Wright left on and his crosses could have fed Hanson later.

Exeter were often quick to close our players down.  We need to play the ball quicker as we were caught in possession sometimes or forced to play hurried passes.

Overall, we are at least look like a team that will go on to better things. (The club will just have to print more programmes to meet increased demand).
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 74
sydney
January 18, 2020, 8:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
And for this extra 2200 who turned up today
Thankyou
Don’t give up on this side
Try again as u are in early
We will get better and stronger and wins will start to come
Even the Exeter Manager said we where the better side
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 74
StickfordMariner
January 18, 2020, 8:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +366
Gold Stars: 12
Huge improvement on the last few games I have seen myself I thought the back 4 was immense. Öhman needs a shout out I think been out for so long yet I thought he was class deft headers mixed with bullet headers we do have a great back 4 an the fact Macca was going for the short quick throws shows that Ollie wants us playing football from the back, also impressed me how good with the ball pollock is played some great passes. Clarke does look like that player he would run through a brick wall of needs be as well!! All in all it looked the part without that goal!!! Looking forward to going back yet again!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 74
January 18, 2020, 8:27pm
Guest User
deserved a draw at least, we had the chances and once again didnt take them.Hopefully Ollie can sort it when injured players fit. I think Ollie wants Macca to roll/throw the ball out  because his kicking is so poor, and has been for a long time. IMHO the captain has got to be an outfield player. All in all its improving.
Reply: 21 - 74
HertsGTFC
January 18, 2020, 9:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Looks like “football” might be coming back to BP as at times today I thought we played some decent stuff and you could see what Town where trying to do.

It will take time especially after the style of play Jolley advocated but some of the things the lads did today like when trying to switch play brought some long overdue intelligence to their game. They also did the simple things much better and that is a promising foundation.

Good side Exeter, comfortable on the ball composed and after scoring did a really good job on us for the last 20 minutes. To deal with their 3-5-2 we possibly needed just a bit more zip and tempo but we’re clearly in a period of transition but it will come.

Felt sorry for Clifton for their goal but he had a good game again and will begin to fulfil his potential if IH sticks with him in that role. Also thought Whitehouse looked much better today too.

Thought the defence was decent today and on that showing I’d be surprised if IH changed it when Waterfall becomes available.

Clarke even towards the back end of his career looks like a player and Glennon in his 2nd senior game looked really assured.

So plenty of positives and more importantly a few valuable learnings.

Yeah we lost today but look at where this club was on and off the pitch 6 weeks, stay behind the lads and who knows what could be achieved?

UTMM

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 74
LH
January 18, 2020, 9:22pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Clarke MOTM for me, looks a good addition. A lot to like about that performance today despite the result. How good is it to go home optimistic after a defeat?
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 74
Northbank Mariner
January 18, 2020, 9:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from LH
Clarke MOTM for me, looks a good addition. A lot to like about that performance today despite the result. How good is it to go home optimistic after a defeat?

And we need to cling to that...next step is to get BP bouncing again..great to see most people applauding the lads off the pitch at full time...can see next season being something special, I really can.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 74
KingstonMariner
January 18, 2020, 9:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It’s really enjoyable to read all this positive stuff on a Saturday despite losing. Hopefully the extra 2000 have seen enough to stay with it.

Crawley tickets ordered. A few weeks ago we were definitely thinking, ‘not sure if I can be bothered’ and it’s less than an hour down the road. Now it’s ‘roll on Saturday’.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 74
HertsGTFC
January 18, 2020, 10:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It’s really enjoyable to read all this positive stuff on a Saturday despite losing. Hopefully the extra 2000 have seen enough to stay with it.

Crawley tickets ordered. A few weeks ago we were definitely thinking, ‘not sure if I can be bothered’ and it’s less than an hour down the road. Now it’s ‘roll on Saturday’.  

Gutted that the trains are scuppered as it looks like a driving game and this means no beer 🤬

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 74
KingstonMariner
January 18, 2020, 11:07pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Gutted that the trains are scuppered as it looks like a driving game and this means no beer 🤬

😆

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 74
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 18, 2020, 11:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,607
Gold Stars: 64
Mostly a very positive performance and firstly congrats to the defence who again looked composed, organised and gave away very few chances which considering we didn’t have what are regarded as our first choice centre backs, a new and young left back and a right back with an Achilles problem is some achievement. On the centre backs not sure now what our best pairing is and agree Pollock will bring in some Wonga at some stage in the not too distant future.

Whilst we are improving going forward this is the area that still needs addressing hence the arrival of the new players who aside from Clarke didn’t really get going today. What we need from these guys is composure. In the first ten minutes we had a great break with 4 on 2 or maybe 3 but Hess delayed his pass to Wright, the return ball was played too quickly and behind Hess with Vernam and Clarke in space at the far post, these are attacking opportunities we need to create clear chances and put them away. We have had similar situations throughout the season but lack the composure to pick the right pass at the right time to make the most of them.

After Salford gameI commented negatively on Clifton’s ability to see a pass, well those two balls out to Wright in the first half contradicted that and thought, despite the slip he had a very good game. Think the midfield played ok today but thought we missed the Robson of his last few games with his strong tackling and deft left foot which gave us a better balance.

Still this is just the start of the journey and we will not have a clear and uninterrupted journey but pretty sure the majority of it will be enjoyable even though we are not sure where and when we will reach our destination 😄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 74
The Yard Dog
January 19, 2020, 12:08am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
This season is working progress, IH is already putting in the foundation work, as IH wants everything in place, ready for next seasons pre-season.

I for one, enjoyed today's game, a bit more composer in front of goal and we might have won the game. The signs are encouraging, the subs, did not have the impacted IH hoped for and acknowledge that fact in his interview.

IH will have next week to have look at everyone on the training ground, as last week he was running around the country, finding suitable replacements for the loanees, who returned to their clubs last week.

UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 74
KingstonMariner
January 19, 2020, 1:16am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from The Yard Dog
This season is working progress, IH is already putting in the foundation work, as IH wants everything in place, ready for next seasons pre-season.

I for one, enjoyed today's game, a bit more composer[b][/b] in front of goal and we might have won the game.

UTMM

Yes they wouldn’t have been able to Handel us 😉

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 74
Abdul19
January 19, 2020, 7:52am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,512
Gold Stars: 215

GTFC are Bach.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 74
aldi_01
January 19, 2020, 8:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Decent performance against an organised Exeter side. Ultimately though it’s about results and we didn’t get the one we wanted.

Ironically I felt it was probably Clinton’s best game for months and it was his mistake that led to their goal.

We played a much quicker tempo and tried to keep the ball moving. Clarke was excellent and could be just what we need.

Their keepers pulled off two or three massive saves and ultimately that’s helped them out.

Personally, I though the substitutions killed us off a bit. We were playing well when they scored but we made three changes that didn’t seem entirely necessary and we looked disjointed after that and that was seemingly the view of folk around me but you have to live and learn.

Not overly excited of Hanson coming back and can see Holloway giving him a chance but if it doesn’t work he’ll be out the squad again.

Highlight once again was Pollock. Absolute class act and head and shoulders above the other centre halves at the club...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 74
Rik e B
January 19, 2020, 8:31am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Ollie admitted the subs didn't work and made us worse. They didn't implement what he wanted but said probably because only been with us a couple of days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 74
marinerdazza
January 19, 2020, 8:32am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,779
Gold Stars: 81
Put simply I came away thinking we will win far more than we’ll lose if we continue to play like that. Odd emotions. Frustrated that we’d lost. But calm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 74
Davec
January 19, 2020, 8:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
We'll play worse than that and win, we certianly created enough chances to win the game and it perhaps highlighted our lack of a "fox in the box" poacher type of striker, somebody to stick those chances away. Tilley didn't really impose himself on the game but it is clear that he has some natural abilty and good feet so over time you would expect him to add something to the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 74
aldi_01
January 19, 2020, 9:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
We all know everyone wants a goal scorer in the ilk of Amond and yesterday, had we had that, we’d have won comfortably I think but we haven’t so we have to look elsewhere.

Perhaps improving the goal scoring return from midfield is something Holloway will work on...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 74
ginnywings
January 19, 2020, 9:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from aldi_01
We all know everyone wants a goal scorer in the ilk of Amond and yesterday, had we had that, we’d have won comfortably I think but we haven’t so we have to look elsewhere.

Perhaps improving the goal scoring return from midfield is something Holloway will work on...

Clarke looked a better player than Amond to me and on another day could have had a hat trick. The keeper won all the duels with him this time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 74
ska face
January 19, 2020, 10:29am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,525
Gold Stars: 831
Fine lines on the pitch, but for me the biggest positive is that I fancy going to the next home game I can get to, and I can’t remember the last time I felt like that after losing at home.

The club can’t afford to let this opportunity and positivity slip, and every dept should be driving forward as much as Holloway, not hiding behind him.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 74
Rodley Mariner
January 19, 2020, 10:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from ska face
Fine lines on the pitch, but for me the biggest positive is that I fancy going to the next home game I can get to, and I can’t remember the last time I felt like that after losing at home.

The club can’t afford to let this opportunity and positivity slip, and every dept should be driving forward as much as Holloway, not hiding behind him.

Yeah I'm in exactly the same boat. It's 90 mins each way for me and a bit of a pain with other commitments but it is suddenly a lot more appealing. Even found my mind wandering to whether a season ticket is worth considering for next year. I hope yesterday and the fans events are evidence of other work going on but I would just let him front everything!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 74
friskneymariner
January 19, 2020, 10:56am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38

Mind you we had 4 players making their Debussy's

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 74
Rik e B
January 19, 2020, 11:01am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Clarke looked a better player than Amond to me and on another day could have had a hat trick. The keeper won all the duels with him this time.

I couldn't make it but going on what I've been reading I was going to ask would it be fair to say Clarke is 'Amond like'?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 74
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 19, 2020, 11:18am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Rik e B

I couldn't make it but going on what I've been reading I was going to ask would it be fair to say Clarke is 'Amond like'?

Not in my opinion. He is technically a very good player with good movement and a powerful left foot but I don’t think he’s the type of player who will get in and around the six yard box on a regular basis but hard to judge on this one performance and much may depend on what formation and style is played if Hanson returns as a regular.

Suffice to say he looks a good signing and great to have someone who will have a go from twenty yards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 74
ginnywings
January 19, 2020, 12:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Rik e B

Not really no. Get's more involved in the build up and is as likely to make a chance as take one by the look of it. Technically a better footballer than Amond from what we saw yesterday. I'm still amazed he didn't get his second goal for us against Exeter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 74
Tinymariner
January 19, 2020, 1:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I agree with IH, the subs didn’t work, IMO he took the wrong players off.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 74
rancido
January 19, 2020, 2:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,526
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Tinymariner
I agree with IH, the subs didn’t work, IMO he took the wrong players off.

But he at least admitted that. When was the last time a town manager admitted he either got something wrong or something he tried didn't work.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 74
Kris2
January 19, 2020, 2:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Rik e B

Amond is very much a poacher who looks to get into good positions to finish off chances. Clarke can create chances in the box or make space for others along with finish off chances. I think they are very different types of forward players.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 74
Northbank Mariner
January 19, 2020, 2:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from rancido

But he at least admitted that. When was the last time a town manager admitted he either got something wrong or something he tried didn't work.

Tell you one thing for sure, he won't make the same mistake again.
That is the big difference between Holloway and recent incumbents, he will learn from his mistakes and he'll make sure, to the best of his ability, he doesn't do it again...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 74
Posh Harry
January 19, 2020, 3:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Tell you one thing for sure, he won't make the same mistake again.
That is the big difference between Holloway and recent incumbents, he will learn from his mistakes and he'll make sure, to the best of his ability, he doesn't do it again...

Well he admitted he got the sub at orient wrong and the subs for this game wrong so he has (according to himself) made the same mistake twice already 😉

Subs are a lottery though, see the game out or change the game for the better and you are a genius, nothing changes or things get worse and you haven’t got a clue and are tactically naive etc etc

Who’d be a football manager!

UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 74
rancido
January 19, 2020, 3:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,526
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Posh Harry

Well he admitted he got the sub at orient wrong and the subs for this game wrong so he has (according to himself) made the same mistake twice already 😉

Subs are a lottery though, see the game out or change the game for the better and you are a genius, nothing changes or things get worse and you haven’t got a clue and are tactically naive etc etc

Who’d be a football manager!

UTMM

To be fair Olly is still getting to know his squad and we have got four new additions. I think it will take him another 2 weeks before he has a full understanding of the squad and what they bring to the table.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 74
NorthseaMariner
January 19, 2020, 4:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11
If we play like that every week, we won’t lose many games. Playing one of the best teams in our division and, by their own managers opinion, being the better team, it was by and by a delight to watch after a lot of what we’ve seen for years.
Play like that and the crowds will flood back. All bar the result, really enjoyed yesterday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 74
TownSNAFU5
January 19, 2020, 5:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Exeter are joint top now.  That shows the quality of team we were playing.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 74
Marinerz93
January 19, 2020, 5:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Exeter are joint top now.  That shows the quality of team we were playing.

Spot on, Exeter have been in and around the top few places over the last 3 seasons I think, they are a stronger side than most gave credit.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 74
smokey111
January 19, 2020, 5:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3,355
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
If we play like that every week, we won’t lose many games. Playing one of the best teams in our division and, by their own managers opinion, being the better team, it was by and by a delight to watch after a lot of what we’ve seen for years.
Play like that and the crowds will flood back. All bar the result, really enjoyed yesterday.

Thought we played well, but always take such comments from a victorious manager with a pinch of salt. It is easy for him to be so magnanimous. Once they got ahead they controlled the game IMO.

"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That’s how I see football, that’s how I see life.” Bill Shankly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 74
mimma
January 19, 2020, 6:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
Wouldn't say they controlled the game, we were pushing for an equaliser which left gaps which they used well on the break. We still had chances including that superb Clifton over head kick that was just over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 74
sam gy
January 19, 2020, 7:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53
Looks like Clarke plays, passes, runs and shoots with purpose and conviction. Just what we’ve been missing IMO.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 74
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 19, 2020, 7:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from mimma
Wouldn't say they controlled the game, we were pushing for an equaliser which left gaps which they used well on the break. We still had chances including that superb Clifton over head kick that was just over.

Think many of us forget the Hanson chip which was headed off the line! Not seen replays but was Tilley fouled when that low cross came over just after he came on?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 74
Rik e B
January 19, 2020, 7:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Telegraph said it looked like should have been a pen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 74
Northbank Mariner
January 19, 2020, 7:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Think many of us forget the Hanson chip which was headed off the line! Not seen replays but was Tilley fouled when that low cross came over just after he came on?

Sat right in front of it, the 2 defenders sandwiched him and took him out, absolute stone wall penalty..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 74
acko338
January 19, 2020, 10:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
The ref let their players get away with niggles and pushes all game but our passing needs to be a tad sharper to give players a chance, especially with harassing opponents closing down quickly.

Several moves were halted by players having to saig for the ball or it was not in front to run onto, all slowing attacks down.

That said, 2 off the woodwork, 2 excellent saves by their keeper and a goal line clearance + no penalty award makes for not much good luck in the day. Any of those counting and the players may have pushed on with more confidence.

Using pitch width better as well - all better and this will pay off as players get to know each other better.

Onwards and upwards !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 74
ginnywings
January 19, 2020, 10:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from acko338
The ref let their players get away with niggles and pushes all game but our passing needs to be a tad sharper to give players a chance, especially with harassing opponents closing down quickly.

Several moves were halted by players having to saig for the ball or it was not in front to run onto, all slowing attacks down.

That said, 2 off the woodwork, 2 excellent saves by their keeper and a goal line clearance + no penalty award makes for not much good luck in the day. Any of those counting and the players may have pushed on with more confidence.

Using pitch width better as well - all better and this will pay off as players get to know each other better.

Onwards and upwards !!

Agree with this bit. There seemed to be times when we got caught in two minds between the old regime and the new, which is understandable. The players have spent most of the season being cautious and sitting deep, playing a lot of square and backward passes. Now suddenly they are being asked to push up the pitch and be more progressive. It will take time to get used to what the new manager wants and to get comfortable with it. There will be a certain amount of indecision until it becomes second nature to move the ball quicker with one touch passing and moving. We did it so well for the Whitehouse move and shot which hit the post and one or two other occasions, but it's not quite there yet on a consistent basis.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 74
Maringer
January 20, 2020, 8:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
I'd also guess we'll be making more errors which lead to goals. I've always been pretty comfortable when we've played teams who keep possession well and pass it around. At our level, individual errors are all but inevitable so you're likely to be handed chances to break forward several times a game. The reverse holds true now we're trying to pass it around more ourselves.

The key thing is that we'll hopefully be able to convert enough of the additional chances we create with our more expansive play to score a lot more goals than we concede from it.

Initial signs were encouraging as we did play some good stuff with the midfield three all linking and passing better than they have done previously. Clarke helped a lot as his movement and positioning often gave the extra option in midfield yet he still managed to get into the box. A pity he couldn't convert one of the chances which came his way, though all were well-saved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 74
quebec38
January 20, 2020, 8:56am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
I thought we edged the game which is impressive seeing as they are supposedly a top side in the division.
Whitehouse looked a different player, breaking forward and being able to turn and make smart, short passes in to supporting players.
Clarke seems to have the bit of guile we've lacked. He looks a clever player when he drops off and makes things happen around the edge of the box. He played a couple of particularly nice clipped balls in to the box which nearly created goals. This was also made possible by players who wanted to/were instructed to make positive forward runs. Clarke is also is a real threat in the box too. He will get goals for sure.
It could be a real struggle to pick the side next game because I feel like we have 14 or 15 players worthy of starting for the first time in a long time.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 74
diehardmariner
January 20, 2020, 9:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,386
Gold Stars: 532
It was simply enjoyable wasn't it?

Really pleasing to see as soon as McKeown got the ball he looked to throw it out to the wingers/fullbacks and start an attack.  I thought the two centre-backs were immense and strengthened the view that they are our best pairing. Pollock just gets better and better, it's almost a blessing that he doesn't have that extra yard of pace because there's no way in hell he would be here if he had.  That pass he pinged cross-field in the first half was sublime, easy to forget he's effectively a second year YT as well!

Hendrie's injuries are really showing and it's a shame because it almost feels like his performances of the previous 18 months are forgotten.  Hopefully Hewitt is fit enough to take over that role for a bit and let Hendrie heal up properly.  

Couldn't fault the midfield lads at all but there's still that genuine lack of creativity in there.  I thought Benson looked tidy when he came on and moved the ball a bit quicker so that could be something different.  

Clarke is going to be a fans favourite, his movement is something we've lacked since the days of Amond.  Really keen to see how he operates when he's fully up to speed but also in his best position.  Neither Vernam or Wright got into the game much yet we still managed to carry a threat.

Agree with the notion that the changes didn't work, even though I agreed with each and every one of them.  It won't always work.  We lost a bit of momentum but it was nice to have options.  In hindsight we were looking at two lads stepping up a level and a bloke coming back from a lengthy injury.  Always a gamble.

Says everything when we felt disappointed with the outcome against a side second in the league.  A very good side too, despite us having the better of the play you could tell Exeter's quality throughout.  

Very, very positive and a lot of hope for the future.  Just that lack of creativity in the middle to address for me and I think we'll be a force.  Don't think it will be long before that 3 in the middle becomes a 2 to free up someone to play off the striker.

Great to see a decent crowd too.  I don't think anyone went home feeling they didn't get good entertainment.  I fancy us against Crawley on Saturday and then fingers crossed for a double bumper gate against Stevenage and FGR.   Seriously feel good factor about the club at the minute, pretty much down to Holloway.  I was cagey about his appointment but happy to admit I was well off the mark with it.  Exactly what this club needed.

UTMM!
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 74
Tommy
January 20, 2020, 11:51am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Definitely an enjoyable game.

And isn't it refreshing to see us create chances, even in a game where we were pretty flat for much of the second half. In my opinion we haven't created enough chances in games for years. Even including the non-league days when we were winning more games, the football was usually drab and we didn't actually create lots of chances.

Obviously putting them away is the next step, but I think we'll grow into the way Holloway wants us to play and be a side that does create much more chances than we're used to.

Some changes in playing philosophy and style are evident already aren't they:

• It's clear to see already Holloway wants his full backs higher when we've got the ball.
  • We're trying to play out from the back. Macca's playing short, even from a goal-kick which he never normally does, and throwing the ball out to centre-backs or full-backs early to start building controlled possession. Previous managers have probably wanted us to play out from the back but haven't been able to get them actually doing it (usually resulting it ball back to Macca and then go long) but already we look like genuinely being able to do it and stick with doing it.
  • When we don't have the ball, the wide forward on the opposite side to the ball is told to stay high up the pitch, even if his full-back goes forward on his side. IH speaks about this in one of his Coaches Voice videos on youtube and it's something we were noticeably doing on Saturday.
  • The wide forwards staying as wide as possible (noticeably so on the opposite side to where the ball is) and allowing us to play long cross-field passes to switch play in one pass (Clifton and Pollock hitting plenty of these in the last couple of weeks).

Limbrick tried to get us playing more football in his spell in charge. And he did, but we only really achieved it for parts of games or in little spells. You get the feeling Holloway is setting out a real plan/structure to allow them to do it, and not only that, but instilling the belief and confidence in the players that they can play that way, which is a huge part of it.

Billy Clarke showed glimpses of what he'll be able to do, but isn't going to be a no.9 leading the line type forward. Did his best work when dropping deeper or wider, so he's almost certainly going to be best used as a no.10, either in a midfield 3 in a 433, or as the central supporting forward in a 4231. The latter is the role he took up once Hanson came on.
Not only could Clarke have scored 3 himself (first half left foot shot, 2nd half header and stinging shot from outside the box late on) he also could have ended up with about 4 assists by creating chances:

He played in Max Wright for his shot at goal first half.
He laid the ball off to Whitehouse before he advanced forward and hit the post.
He played Hanson in when Hanson's shot (or cross as I thought it was) was cleared off the line.
He crossed for Clifton's overhead kick that went just over.

So if our new attacking player can have this impact on our forward play in his first start for us against a top of the table side, I'm confident he's going to be a good player for us.

I too agreed with Holloways subs so I'm not going to criticise his changes. I didn't think Wright was having much impact and actually think he'll benefit from a few weeks of coming off the bench rather than starting to be honest. It was an early one but pro-active, and why wouldn't he want to get his new winger on who is supposedly and exciting dribbler. We just didn't get the ball to him to be able to see what he can do. I'd have maybe actually made the Hanson change a tad earlier, but I don't know how fit he was and how much he had in the tank.

I'm going to make a bold call but I would give Joe Starbuck a few games at right back. Hendrie is carrying an injury and is playing a position with a greater physical demand now with what Holloway wants the full-backs doing. Think he was probably feeling the pace a bit when he sloppily allowed their lad to go through on goal late on (how he missed the target I don't know). I'm sure Holloway will probably be fair to Hewitt and allow him an opportunity to show what he can do in that position, but he's not athletic enough to cover the ground quick enough and often enough with full-backs much higher up the pitch when in possession. So with that in mind I'd have a look at Starbuck for a couple of games while Hendrie rests.

Just a word on Mattie Pollock as well. Our best CB, and I'm really hoping IH recognises this and keeps him in the team when Waterfall and Davis are back available.

Onwards and upwards anyway. Still positive despite defeat. And as well as positive I'm just really interested in seeing how Holloway develops our way of playing. You really get the sense we really are building a playing identity here.

UTM.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 74
Jarmo.Is.God
January 20, 2020, 12:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Not read the thread, so sorry if repeating others.

Clifton will learn from that mistake. It should of ended up in the main stand, but nevermind.
1 thing I noticed from this, was when Law scored (who is a great player), he went down on the floor, and only 1 player went up to him to get him up and make sure he was ok, and that was young Glennon, which was great to see.

We are creating chances, which is a big difference than before, we just need to finish them.

If Hanson started, we win IMO, some of the crosses was a lot better, and crying out for him.

1st time in ages I've come away from a defeat, but still been optimistic about everything.

Pollock really is like a 27year old pro, and can see Holloway is trying to get him to ping the balls forward into the attackers.

Things are improving for sure!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 74
diehardmariner
January 20, 2020, 2:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Tommy

I'm going to make a bold call but I would give Joe Starbuck a few games at right back. Hendrie is carrying an injury and is playing a position with a greater physical demand now with what Holloway wants the full-backs doing. Think he was probably feeling the pace a bit when he sloppily allowed their lad to go through on goal late on (how he missed the target I don't know). I'm sure Holloway will probably be fair to Hewitt and allow him an opportunity to show what he can do in that position, but he's not athletic enough to cover the ground quick enough and often enough with full-backs much higher up the pitch when in possession. So with that in mind I'd have a look at Starbuck for a couple of games while Hendrie rests.

UTM.

I know your ear/eyes are a bit closer to the ground than most on the younger lads, Tommy.  Is Starbuck a right back?  I know he played against Scunny (I think) in the Tinpot Trophy there but wasn't sure if he was just filling in.  I've only seen him play in midfield or on the wing.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 74
Hagrid
January 20, 2020, 3:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,343
Gold Stars: 527
Thought starbuck was a left back myself? could be wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 74
Tommy
January 20, 2020, 4:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Hope's the left-back.

Starbuck has played all over to be fair. Don't know that much about him if I'm honest, but he can play right-midfield or right back. Can play centre-mid and used to play up front when he was younger I think. He's certainly got the athleticism to play as a forward-thinking full-back though. Time will tell. I'd think he's thought of as being close to ready, with him being involved in first team squads in recent weeks.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 74
golfer
January 20, 2020, 4:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 114
A lot of happiness after a home defeat-previously unheard of at B.P.  Just shows what a manager can do and what a load of shite we have had since the departing of Sir Alan. He seems to have worked wonders in such a short time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 74
Madeleymariner
January 20, 2020, 4:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
BOOOO we lost, sack the manager, hopeless bunch of tats not fit to wear the shirt and the new signings complete waste of a wage wheres Cardwell he hasnt played for a bit so he would have made a big difference Sat. Why send him on loan hes better than all the others, queue for the bogs ridiculous, whos nicked me flask  

Thought I would even things up little as us moaners are struggling to find anything to moan about
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 74
TownSNAFU5
January 20, 2020, 5:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Well, we can all moan about Danny Murphy on talkSPORT this morning.

There was a discussion about Liverpool fans creating an atmosphere by turning up outside the ground against Man United to intimidate the team.  They debated the merits or otherwise of doing this.

Danny Murphy then said that the atmosphere was not like say playing a league cup tie at home to Grimsby. This is another version of “playing the likes of Grimsby away in a night game in winter.  No disrespect meant”.

We all remember the last time Liverpool played a league cup tie at home against us.  

It must have been the lack of atmosphere then that caused Liverpool to lose the lead and concede a last minute winner in ET.  A 30 yard blaster from an ex Evertonian.  

This defeat must have slipped his mind, or it still leaves a bitter taste as an ex-Liverpool player.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 74
Limerick Mariner
January 20, 2020, 6:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,650
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from golfer
A lot of happiness after a home defeat-previously unheard of at B.P.  Just shows what a manager can do and what a load of shite we have had since the departing of Sir Alan. He seems to have worked wonders in such a short time.
When he arrived, Sir AB worked wonders on a tiny budget in a short time - stopped the freefall of consecutive relegations and engineered the great FA Cup wins that took us to Plough Lane. We could see what he was trying to do on the pitch, but the crowds didn't coming back immediately. We started to hit 4k again about Christmas and then more after the Middlesborough win. Ollie's impact is more like Lawrie Mac. The third lowest crowd of his first season was the first game - 7.5k against Scunny and within a couple of weeks we had 5 figure crowds.  That's not saying anything against Sir Alan, not everyone is blessed with the charisma that Ollie has. The key thing for me is a stadium announcement soon - let's hear that the land is optioned, funding in place and a planning application is being prepared. Then we know the club can be permanently transformed for the long term. The biggest failing of Sir Alan's era, which was not of his doing, was that for all the good he did on the pitch we ended precisely back where he took us from - shite team, decrepit ground, dwindling crowds, no vision for the future, no ambition...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 74
diehardmariner
January 21, 2020, 10:33am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Tommy
Hope's the left-back.

Starbuck has played all over to be fair. Don't know that much about him if I'm honest, but he can play right-midfield or right back. Can play centre-mid and used to play up front when he was younger I think. He's certainly got the athleticism to play as a forward-thinking full-back though. Time will tell. I'd think he's thought of as being close to ready, with him being involved in first team squads in recent weeks.

Cheers Tommy.  My limited viewings of him have been either in midfield or on the wing, where he was very direct and athletic, as you say.

Just a nod towards the mention of Hope, he looks a real prospect and every much the modern full-back. I think he's the one who Everton were supposed to be monitoring very closely.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 74
Maringer
January 21, 2020, 11:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
I think that full-back is one of those positions where other players can cover and do a decent job providing they can tackle, have enough pace and the discipline to keep their position. You quite often find wingers and midfielders who can do an decent enough job there.

Not as good as having a specialist there, obviously, but often better than shoehorning a central defender into the role.

I think Peter Bore showed that a bit of pace can make up for a lack of understanding of the position quite well!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 74
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.