Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Yes they wouldn’t have been able to Handel us 😉

Mind you we had 4 players making their Debussy's

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 74
Rik e B
January 19, 2020, 11:01am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from ginnywings

Clarke looked a better player than Amond to me and on another day could have had a hat trick. The keeper won all the duels with him this time.

I couldn't make it but going on what I've been reading I was going to ask would it be fair to say Clarke is 'Amond like'?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 74
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 19, 2020, 11:18am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from Rik e B

I couldn't make it but going on what I've been reading I was going to ask would it be fair to say Clarke is 'Amond like'?

Not in my opinion. He is technically a very good player with good movement and a powerful left foot but I don’t think he’s the type of player who will get in and around the six yard box on a regular basis but hard to judge on this one performance and much may depend on what formation and style is played if Hanson returns as a regular.

Suffice to say he looks a good signing and great to have someone who will have a go from twenty yards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 74
ginnywings
January 19, 2020, 12:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rik e B

Not really no. Get's more involved in the build up and is as likely to make a chance as take one by the look of it. Technically a better footballer than Amond from what we saw yesterday. I'm still amazed he didn't get his second goal for us against Exeter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 74
Tinymariner
January 19, 2020, 1:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I agree with IH, the subs didn’t work, IMO he took the wrong players off.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 74
rancido
January 19, 2020, 2:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Tinymariner
I agree with IH, the subs didn’t work, IMO he took the wrong players off.

But he at least admitted that. When was the last time a town manager admitted he either got something wrong or something he tried didn't work.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 74
Kris2
January 19, 2020, 2:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Rik e B

Amond is very much a poacher who looks to get into good positions to finish off chances. Clarke can create chances in the box or make space for others along with finish off chances. I think they are very different types of forward players.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 74
Northbank Mariner
January 19, 2020, 2:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from rancido

But he at least admitted that. When was the last time a town manager admitted he either got something wrong or something he tried didn't work.

Tell you one thing for sure, he won't make the same mistake again.
That is the big difference between Holloway and recent incumbents, he will learn from his mistakes and he'll make sure, to the best of his ability, he doesn't do it again...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 74
Posh Harry
January 19, 2020, 3:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,358
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Tell you one thing for sure, he won't make the same mistake again.
That is the big difference between Holloway and recent incumbents, he will learn from his mistakes and he'll make sure, to the best of his ability, he doesn't do it again...

Well he admitted he got the sub at orient wrong and the subs for this game wrong so he has (according to himself) made the same mistake twice already 😉

Subs are a lottery though, see the game out or change the game for the better and you are a genius, nothing changes or things get worse and you haven’t got a clue and are tactically naive etc etc

Who’d be a football manager!

UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 74
rancido
January 19, 2020, 3:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Posh Harry

Well he admitted he got the sub at orient wrong and the subs for this game wrong so he has (according to himself) made the same mistake twice already 😉

Subs are a lottery though, see the game out or change the game for the better and you are a genius, nothing changes or things get worse and you haven’t got a clue and are tactically naive etc etc

Who’d be a football manager!

UTMM

To be fair Olly is still getting to know his squad and we have got four new additions. I think it will take him another 2 weeks before he has a full understanding of the squad and what they bring to the table.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.