Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 135 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 13,453 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 5, 2020, 11:18am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from moosey_club

🤔 Was so subtle I thought Rose just complety failed to control the ball

Add that to his bobbled finish against Salford. Strange how things can suddenly start to go for you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 57
Marinerz93
January 5, 2020, 11:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Scenes on toast
For  any team at any level, to go away from home and play with 10 men for 80 mins AND come away with 3 pts. That is a sterling effort to be applauded, how can you criticise ????

Top post and spot on.

What type of toast are you representing, the bread kind or Stephen Toast of London?

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 57
IlkleyMariner
January 5, 2020, 11:42am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Sigone
Just before the cross comes in watch Clifton do a superb dive  

Think he got a shove in the back to help him on his way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 57
AussieMariner
January 5, 2020, 11:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Did anybody else notice Ollie calling to Moses to get into the centre circle when we were defending the first corner?
Clearly he’s out of touch with modern tactics 😉
Despite this archaic thinking Ogbu dragged a defender out with him, and when the ball was cleared he was able to hold it up and forced them to scramble it back to their keeper rather than pumping it straight back into the danger zone. A bit more luck and he might have been able to create a counter attack.
I don’t think it happened again but we were down to 10 men so I suspect we will be leaving a man up, something which has been frequently called for on this board.
The thing that surprised me was Ollie having to give the instruction during the game - I would have thought it would have been discussed prior. So unless Moses simply forgot the tactic and had to be reminded I wonder if there was a bit of showmanship going on?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 57
Ipswin
January 5, 2020, 12:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from moosey_club

🤔 Was so subtle I thought Rose just complety failed to control the ball

It was a total schoolboy fresh air kick, did well to make it look like an intentional dummy tho'

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 57
headingly_mariner
January 5, 2020, 12:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from moosey_club

Ogbu hardly lost the ball....service to him was of better quality....actual passes to his feet or delicate chips in to his chest height all help though which is something any of the strikers have had little of.....he showed what a target man should be,  hold the ball wait for support and lay it off.......his upper body strength is amazing....due to the circumstances of yesterday we didn't really see the other side of his game were he can  run at the opposition with the ball at his feet
Use him right and he is a player....smash high balls in his general direction and he will look useless.

Completely agree. The amount of times he got us out was fantastic, he got a real rough deal from the ref as well. He’ll never score a lot of goals but will allow us to play higher up the pitch with the way he links play. It’s a shame he wasn’t fit enough to stay on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 57
jonnyboy82
January 5, 2020, 12:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Ogbu's hold up play up on his own was tremendous..

Also the substitutions by the boss today were perfect, that's the difference between a proven winner and what we have had before.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 57
Rik e B
January 5, 2020, 12:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from ginnywings

Add that to his bobbled finish against Salford. Strange how things can suddenly start to go for you.

Work hard, persevere and eventually the rewards will come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 57
Northbank Mariner
January 5, 2020, 1:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Ipswin

1) please intercourse off

2) it's 'mantle'

Bloody hell, will you have a day off bud, it's called "banter" and having a laugh...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 57
KingstonMariner
January 5, 2020, 1:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Ogbu's hold up play up on his own was tremendous..

Also the substitutions by the boss today were perfect, that's the difference between a proven winner and what we have had before.

Oh come on Johnny. Jolley made plenty of good subs in his time. I’m not saying he’s on Olly’s level, not by any means, but things that happened before have suddenly become brilliant. We’ve had great backs to the wall performances against better teams than Mansfield.

Im sure we’ll do better under Olly but we haven’t seen anything yet.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.