Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 161 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 13,445 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
chipsandgravy
January 5, 2020, 9:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,586
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from aldi_01

Not at all, Swin can keep that title but I’m also realistic and first half was shocking. As my point stated, thankfully there are several teams who are as bad as us. Perhaps we can be the team to improve whilst they all linger and languish down here.

I’ve no doubt performances will improve and some players will raise their game but surely the point is the game is about opinions. I had a car full, I know friends who had car fulls and their views all differ. I personally see no point in Ogbu but others do, so each to their own. For what it’s worth, I’d have dropped Waterfall weeks ago, I thought defensively we looked more solid with Pollock in there and Whitehouse added something when he came on.

And here is my opinion. Just try and have a day off from trying to get off being the voice of reason will you. "Woeful" it certainly wasn't. Technically good - of course not! But it was a very young team throwing everything at the cause which should be at least applauded!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 57
Rik e B
January 5, 2020, 9:46am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
'Heroic' I'd say instead of woeful, and as for all the if this and if that's, you could say that for any game -the fact is they got it over the line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 57
Ipswin
January 5, 2020, 9:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

You trying to steal Swins mantel as the Mr Misery guts on here!!🤔...
How you can describe that as woeful is beyond words...

1) please intercourse off

2) it's 'mantle'

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 57
moosey_club
January 5, 2020, 10:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,197
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from forza ivano
Wonder if the difference in views on Ogbu was because he was playing at the far end from us and may have looked better on tv. Should also add that times we played some very cool, composed, skilful football through the midfield, whilst the defence seemed very well organised and mopped up nearly everything .
Don't think Holloway will be terribly impressed with some of the crossing and dead ball delivery which was very wasteful.

Ogbu hardly lost the ball....service to him was of better quality....actual passes to his feet or delicate chips in to his chest height all help though which is something any of the strikers have had little of.....he showed what a target man should be,  hold the ball wait for support and lay it off.......his upper body strength is amazing....due to the circumstances of yesterday we didn't really see the other side of his game were he can  run at the opposition with the ball at his feet
Use him right and he is a player....smash high balls in his general direction and he will look useless.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 57
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 5, 2020, 10:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from grimsby pete
2020 is going to be a very good year .

Youve got good vision

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 57
Scenes on toast
January 5, 2020, 11:01am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +393
Gold Stars: 2
For  any team at any level, to go away from home and play with 10 men for 80 mins AND come away with 3 pts. That is a sterling effort to be applauded, how can you criticise ????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 57
moosey_club
January 5, 2020, 11:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,197
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Was a brilliant day. I thought Ogbu did a difficult job very well but that is a seriously tough job so wasn't surprised he went for fresh legs early. I thought Rose made them nervy at the back because of his pace without doing that much. They just seemed more jittery after he came on. Top class winner with the subtle dummy from Rose, a great cross and thought he did really well to keep that volley down.

Reticent to pick a motm as it was a proper team performance but thought Clifton was superb. Think Mattie Pollock might put a real claim on a starting place in the next 3 games as well.

🤔 Was so subtle I thought Rose just complety failed to control the ball

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 57
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 5, 2020, 11:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Scenes on toast
For  any team at any level, to go away from home and play with 10 men for 80 mins AND come away with 3 pts. That is a sterling effort to be applauded, how can you criticise ????

In the 1970s it was almost a given in Italian football that someone would be sent off so teams would spend time training how to play with and against 10 or 9 men. This even applied to the national team and I think they do/did the same thing in countries like Argentina. Winning with 10 is not unusual for them. It seems to be something we sporting Brits always have found more difficult.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 57
ska face
January 5, 2020, 11:14am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,536
Gold Stars: 833
Quoted from moosey_club

Ogbu hardly lost the ball....service to him was of better quality....actual passes to his feet or delicate chips in to his chest height all help though which is something any of the strikers have had little of.....he showed what a target man should be,  hold the ball wait for support and lay it off.......his upper body strength is amazing....due to the circumstances of yesterday we didn't really see the other side of his game were he can  run at the opposition with the ball at his feet
Use him right and he is a player....smash high balls in his general direction and he will look useless.

You know what you’re getting with Ogbu and he doesn’t really change his game. He’s never, ever going to chase a long ball and he’s not going to outpace a centre half over 20, 30 yards and the other players know this, so rather than knocking it over the top yesterday they tended to either be more accurate with the passing or were more patient and held on to it. Hanson should be encouraged to do this more often rather than offering an option by chasing lost causes into the corners - it’ll help bring the play further up the pitch and save his legs.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 57
Sigone
January 5, 2020, 11:16am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Just before the cross comes in watch Clifton do a superb dive  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.