Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 125 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 13,401 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
January 4, 2020, 9:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Epworth Mariner

Goosebumps watching that. And that’s not a comment on your missus by the way.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 57
Rik e B
January 4, 2020, 9:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Good old wifey keeping things stealthy Epworth 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 57
moosey_club
January 4, 2020, 10:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from forza ivano
I can't add too much to that.soooo glad I made the effort.started off well with a superb pint in the railway for £2.80, and it just got better, superb passionate following.never a sending off, but it just seemed to motivate us further.
Can't tell you a Mot m as they were all heroes.thought Gibson was very good and fair play to Clifton who played in 3 different positions.I worry about Harry though as his (and Pollocks) passing was pretty wayward and I've got a horrible feeling he might be one of the first casualties.thought rose had his best game for town and was a big improvement on Ogbu who was isolated and a bit weak, although he got no help whatsoever from the incompetent homer ref. Hendrie was a real mix of good n bad, but the good predominated. Davis and Pollack were absolute rocks, whilst hess and Robson seemed to be everywhere.Vernham added the bit of class and danger into the mix.
Holloway was all action on the sidelines and seemed to get involved in a couple of altercations. Just a superb team effort backed by a support that roared them on and never stopped singing. I am very very hoarse and very very proud of my team

Fully agree other than the Rose comment, as i thought he was poor and looked fooked after about 10 minutes to me...

pre match was in the Brown Cow and speaking to one of their supporters who said for the first time in years they beat 10 men the other week as they never beat ten men....once Waterfall got sent off those words rang round my head  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 57
Croxton
January 4, 2020, 10:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Thought Ogbu did well to hold the ball, draw free kicks and link with Gibson who has improved since the Macc game. Rose will gain in confidence and positional awareness if he is given game time but it will have to happen quickly. We are gradually looking more composed in possession and Harry Clifton grew in stature as the game went on.
Scoping a first visit to Orient to replace missed Salford game. Great away crowd today. Hope we can have the full allocation and ride this tide of optimism.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 57
forza ivano
January 4, 2020, 11:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,134
Gold Stars: 265
Wonder if the difference in views on Ogbu was because he was playing at the far end from us and may have looked better on tv. Should also add that times we played some very cool, composed, skilful football through the midfield, whilst the defence seemed very well organised and mopped up nearly everything .
Don't think Holloway will be terribly impressed with some of the crossing and dead ball delivery which was very wasteful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 57
pontoonlew
January 4, 2020, 11:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
A superb gutsy, team performance which we can all be proud of.

I think we’ll need work in areas to take us to the next level as we still created very few chances but credit to every player for working their balderdash off.

Ref wants to be glad we won that, as he was flipping disgraceful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 57
grimsby pete
January 4, 2020, 11:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
2020 is going to be a very good year .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 57
aldi_01
January 4, 2020, 11:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
First half was woeful. Both sides.

Second half they didn’t really offer much and their subs had zero impact truth be told.

Second half we battled. We wouldn’t have scored had it not been a great finish from the defender and equally, without Macca we’d have lost by a couple but we will take any sort of win at this stage and the fact we battled has to be something to be positive about.

Another good opportunity to gain three points at Orient and we owe them one so onwards to next week...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 57
marinerjase
January 4, 2020, 11:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,608
Gold Stars: 146
F*** me....what you like after a defeat..???

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 57
ginnywings
January 5, 2020, 12:15am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Their defender messed up- Macca did his job. Three points to us.

Or perhaps we ought to start awarding points on what might have been.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.