Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 112 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 13,441 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
January 5, 2020, 12:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from grimsby pete
2020 is going to be a very good year .

Are the 2020's going to be a very good decade? 🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 57
Mayaman
January 5, 2020, 12:28am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,392
Gold Stars: 73
What an all round great performance. Davies was outstanding.  I still think Ogbu has more to give and let's hope Holloway can unlock something to allow him to shine.  He gets a bit of slating on here but he battled for everything today, held up the ball well and showed something skillful touches.  His little flick for Clifton was sublime and Harry should have , at least, hit the target.  Macca's last second save was top drawer - my heart was in my mouth as that would have been a really harsh equaliser.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 57
oochiad
January 5, 2020, 12:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
Great performance. If your fighting for your lives and can still get into the position of wizzing in crosses then you reap the rewards of an own goal! What a day!!!!!! UTFM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 57
oochiad
January 5, 2020, 12:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
Oh yes and Ogbu was superb, that pass to Clifton was sublime......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 57
essexexile
January 5, 2020, 1:17am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +185
Gold Stars: 1
Seemed we lost something when Ogbu went off and def need a Shop like striker to hold it up for the runners like Harry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 57
grimps
January 5, 2020, 6:11am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
Ollies that good a motivator he can even persuade the opposing team to score for us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 57
Northbank Mariner
January 5, 2020, 6:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,431
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from aldi_01
First half was woeful. Both sides.

Second half they didn’t really offer much and their subs had zero impact truth be told.

Second half we battled. We wouldn’t have scored had it not been a great finish from the defender and equally, without Macca we’d have lost by a couple but we will take any sort of win at this stage and the fact we battled has to be something to be positive about.

Another good opportunity to gain three points at Orient and we owe them one so onwards to next week...

You trying to steal Swins mantel as the Mr Misery guts on here!!🤔...
How you can describe that as woeful is beyond words...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 57
Rodley Mariner
January 5, 2020, 8:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,237
Gold Stars: 176
Was a brilliant day. I thought Ogbu did a difficult job very well but that is a seriously tough job so wasn't surprised he went for fresh legs early. I thought Rose made them nervy at the back because of his pace without doing that much. They just seemed more jittery after he came on. Top class winner with the subtle dummy from Rose, a great cross and thought he did really well to keep that volley down.

Reticent to pick a motm as it was a proper team performance but thought Clifton was superb. Think Mattie Pollock might put a real claim on a starting place in the next 3 games as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 57
aldi_01
January 5, 2020, 8:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

You trying to steal Swins mantel as the Mr Misery guts on here!!🤔...
How you can describe that as woeful is beyond words...

Not at all, Swin can keep that title but I’m also realistic and first half was shocking. As my point stated, thankfully there are several teams who are as bad as us. Perhaps we can be the team to improve whilst they all linger and languish down here.

I’ve no doubt performances will improve and some players will raise their game but surely the point is the game is about opinions. I had a car full, I know friends who had car fulls and their views all differ. I personally see no point in Ogbu but others do, so each to their own. For what it’s worth, I’d have dropped Waterfall weeks ago, I thought defensively we looked more solid with Pollock in there and Whitehouse added something when he came on.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 57
pontoonlew
January 5, 2020, 9:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,812
Gold Stars: 167
In fairness it would be naive to say we played well technically, we just had way more heart (which is as much as Ollie can implement so far).

We do need 3-4 incoming signings at least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.