Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 352 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 13,455 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
January 4, 2020, 8:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Just sat n poured a Bacardi and coke, sat back and thought...what a game of football...down to 10 men, every player to a man played their hearts out and didn't leave an ounce if energy out on that grass today...
I'm not singling one player out as that was a true team performance, from Macca through to Ogbu/Rose ..
Brilliant at full time when the team bowed to us... absolutely fantastic atmosphere and my throat is sore with all the singing.
One, very very happy Town fan tonight  ..even the dogs got a hug and might just let them sleep on the bed tonight.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Epworth Mariner
January 4, 2020, 8:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +646
Gold Stars: 57
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 57
headingly_mariner
January 4, 2020, 8:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
That game was one for all the Clifton doubters to watch. Played in 5 positions, covered every blade of grass.

What a great performance after what was a definite red. Thought it was pretty much the only thing the young ref got right.

Not sure Holloway can get the credit for that one but he certainly sprinkles a touch of the big time fairy dust on an occasion.

Outstanding effort!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 57
forza ivano
January 4, 2020, 9:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,163
Gold Stars: 265
I can't add too much to that.soooo glad I made the effort.started off well with a superb pint in the railway for £2.80, and it just got better, superb passionate following.never a sending off, but it just seemed to motivate us further.
Can't tell you a Mot m as they were all heroes.thought Gibson was very good and fair play to Clifton who played in 3 different positions.I worry about Harry though as his (and Pollocks) passing was pretty wayward and I've got a horrible feeling he might be one of the first casualties.thought rose had his best game for town and was a big improvement on Ogbu who was isolated and a bit weak, although he got no help whatsoever from the incompetent homer ref. Hendrie was a real mix of good n bad, but the good predominated. Davis and Pollack were absolute rocks, whilst hess and Robson seemed to be everywhere.Vernham added the bit of class and danger into the mix.
Holloway was all action on the sidelines and seemed to get involved in a couple of altercations. Just a superb team effort backed by a support that roared them on and never stopped singing. I am very very hoarse and very very proud of my team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 57
chipsandgravy
January 4, 2020, 9:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from forza ivano
I can't add too much to that.soooo glad I made the effort.started off well with a superb pint in the railway for £2.80, and it just got better, superb passionate following.never a sending off, but it just seemed to motivate us further.
Can't tell you a Mot m as they were all heroes.thought Gibson was very good and fair play to Clifton who played in 3 different positions.I worry about Harry though as his (and Pollocks) passing was pretty wayward and I've got a horrible feeling he might be one of the first casualties.thought rose had his best game for town and was a big improvement on Ogbu who was isolated and a bit weak, although he got no help whatsoever from the incompetent homer ref. Hendrie was a real mix of good n bad, but the good predominated. Davis and Pollack were absolute rocks, whilst hess and Robson seemed to be everywhere.Vernham added the bit of class and danger into the mix.
Holloway was all action on the sidelines and seemed to get involved in a couple of altercations. Just a superb team effort backed by a support that roared them on and never stopped singing. I am very very hoarse and very very proud of my team

Funny how you see things differently. He is an enigma but I thought Ogbu did really well today considering how little protection he got. True he was looking for the odd foul but that allowed us to get further up the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 57
Hagrid
January 4, 2020, 9:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,386
Gold Stars: 532
Funny how we see things different! I also was in the railway but had a delicious lamb dinner for 6 pounds. Defence were excellent with Davis my MOM. I thought ogbu led the line very well holding it up and winning free kicks when the incompetent man in the middle finally gave them. Bit of pride back in GTFC tonite, they fought fantastically
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 57
HertsGTFC
January 4, 2020, 9:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Gritty, adaptable, hard working, brave, clever, dogged, united, proud and lucky are all words I’d use to describe Town’s performance today. When I say lucky it’s in the context of “making your own luck”which with their heart the players did today.

Despite being under pressure they also tried to get the ball down and pass it.

Can’t fault anyone associated with GTFC today we looked like what everyone hopes we’ll become..... a club on the up!!

UTM!!

P.S. great strike for the winner BTW😂😂😂😂

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 57
sydney
January 4, 2020, 9:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Fabulous Day
That feels so much better than recently
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 57
Rik e B
January 4, 2020, 9:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
..even the dogs got a hug and might just let them sleep on the bed tonight.  

And Fenty's poor cat finally getting a rest from all its kickings... 🐱

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 57
HertsGTFC
January 4, 2020, 9:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from forza ivano

I’m not worried about Harry his versatility will keep him in and around the match day squad and starting 11 that said I’d love to know what his true natural position is as he’s been asked to do a few roles since he broke through.

IH will know what regard everyone has for Harry and how important seeing home grown players progress is so I’d fully expect him to invest in the next stage of Harry’s development.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 57
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.