Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ian Holloway
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 89 Guests

Ian Holloway

This thread currently has 113,292 views. Print
54 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Stadium
December 30, 2019, 12:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

I think I have a bit more faith in human nature than that. He could just have said I don't know about the Grimsby job but would like to get back in the game.

He seemed to have a genuine affection; perhaps he likes "famous old clubs" and would like to help get this one back on its feet. He must have played/managed against us at BP when times were better so will know what is achievable.  

Sorry but I think you are been rather naive.
He's using the media to pitch himself in the market.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 350 - 532
lew chaterleys lover
December 30, 2019, 12:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Ipswin

Oh please! You'll tell us next Santa Claus exists

Well I got some Christmas presents, so he must be true.

Come on, there is no need to be so curmudgeonly surely? I am only repeating what he said on TV about us being a famous old club or whatever phrase he used.
Private Message
Reply: 351 - 532
aldi_01
December 30, 2019, 12:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It’s all hyperbole at this stage and let’s face it, the faith in our board is non existent. Similarly, the man wants a job so....

I looked around BP yesterday, was literally people just going there because it’s some duty or addiction, because that’s just what you do. The apathy is more worrying than people moaning because some people booed or some didn’t clap or whatever balderdash.

Apathy is contagious and it’s spreading at a rate of knots. An appointment like this could holt it, if only temporarily. Honest John has shown several times that he’s not really able to handle the excrement he gets (he could change that but chooses not to) so this could release some of that...doesn’t really change anything at the club but it would help...and I’d imagine having someone like Holloway makes you more appealing to a buyer...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 352 - 532
lew chaterleys lover
December 30, 2019, 12:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

Sorry but I think you are been rather naive.
He's using the media to pitch himself in the market.

Its a long time since anybody called me that, but I want to be positive about GTFC, just this once.

Anyway, if he had been using the media he would have chosen the BBC, Sky or channel 5 according to you.   
Private Message
Reply: 353 - 532
Stadium
December 30, 2019, 12:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

Its a long time since anybody called me that, but I want to be positive about GTFC, just this once.

Anyway, if he had been using the media he would have chosen the BBC, Sky or channel 5 according to you.   

Exactly,I'm sure he wanted that but had to make do with the non descript one.
Nothing wrong with positivity either.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 354 - 532
Ipswin
December 30, 2019, 12:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

I am only repeating what he said on TV about us being a famous old club or whatever phrase he used.

I know, I heard him say it but surely you didn't swallow that balderdash did you?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 355 - 532
kevikov
December 30, 2019, 1:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Ipswin

Oh please! You'll tell us next Santa Claus exists

Big fella in a red suit, carries a sack of pressies over his shoulder. You must have seen him at least once in the past month?

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 356 - 532
Heisenberg
December 30, 2019, 1:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,096
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from topuphere666
He’s technically not out of work - he has a good gig on TV.

And radio. I’m sure he does well financially, he just wants to get back into management. It’s a great opportunity for us to get back on track too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 357 - 532
Poojah
December 30, 2019, 1:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,649
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from aldi_01
I looked around BP yesterday, was literally people just going there because it’s some duty or addiction, because that’s just what you do.

If I’m like anyone else, it’s definately duty rather than addiction. In my life I’ve been addicted to cigarettes, booze, sex, prescription painkillers, sour cream and onion pringles, metamphetamine, spice and those little cocktail sausages you get on a stick. Believe me when I say I feel no physical or mental compulsion to enter Blundell Park these days.

I’ll be there on New Year’s Day, but only because the mother-in-law is coming round and it’s a good excuse to fúck off for the day.

There’s definitely a part of me that wants this to happen purely to break up the monotony of following Town and breathe some entertainment and life back into the club. Whether that’s a good reason to select a manager is up for debate, but I suspect I’m not alone in that sentiment.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 358 - 532
lew chaterleys lover
December 30, 2019, 1:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

If I’m like anyone else, it’s definately duty rather than addiction. In my life I’ve been addicted to cigarettes, booze, sex, prescription painkillers, sour cream and onion pringles, metamphetamine, spice and those little cocktail sausages you get on a stick. Believe me when I say I feel no physical or mental compulsion to enter Blundell Park these days.

I’ll be there on New Year’s Day, but only because the mother-in-law is coming round and it’s a good excuse to fúck off for the day.

There’s definitely a part of me that wants this to happen purely to break up the monotony of following Town and breathe some entertainment and life back into the club. Whether that’s a good reason to select a manager is up for debate, but I suspect I’m not alone in that sentiment.

I think the personality thing is more important than some realise.

The club is dying before our eyes; we are not going to get a "current"  in work manager, and the task is too big for an up and coming manager and even then the preffered option probably won't come (the Barrow manager say)

The board, unless we get a takeover, are not going to turn around the clubs fortunes so I am pinning my hopes on a charismatic and knowledgeable manager who still has something to prove to himself.

Our last hope seems to be that Holloway might be able to galvanise the fan base, get the team winning and put the club in a better light for future investors.

It is a no brainer really as our options are so limited. An increase in attendances would offset the increase in wages, and he might be able to attract better players which in turn would increase the interest.

The current board seem to have this opportunity almost given to them on a plate; it would be daft to turn it down.
Private Message
Reply: 359 - 532
54 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ian Holloway

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.