Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty interview (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 180 Guests

Fenty interview (merged)

This thread currently has 14,447 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerjase
December 24, 2019, 10:52am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,639
Gold Stars: 147
Is it surprising he can’t/won’t sell?? He’s impossible to deal with. Knows everything. Everyone else is wrong.

*custodians view

Their opinions aren’t relevant. Fans..pah..who needs them?? Without me there’d be no football club. You should be greatful. And tell me every day.

Investors....clowns. Not local, don’t have my knowledge or wherewithal. If they’re serious then join the board, put your money in but me and the rest of the board I’ve assembled will have the say. I mean...what more do they want??

Ex managers I’ve disagreed with, fallen out with, players I’ve got rid of to save the club money with my long term vision, local media employees who I’ve let get the blame for things they didn’t do, or voiced an opinion I don’t like so ambushed them - they’ll all say I’m fair to deal with. My reputation speaks for itself.

Fans I’ve spoken too after they’ve slated me, then after a chat agree I’m right and now bend over backwards to say how good I am, fans I’ve spoken too on the phone, radio stations I’ve phoned from lay by’s, fans teams who I’ve spoken too after they tried raising money to help good causes when they should have been supporting us at BP against Leicester U21’s in a fantastic competition...they all agree I’m brilliant.

The 4500 crowds at start of return to FL whom are now down to 3500 - we’ll those 1000 aren’t relevant. Deadheads. Clown shoes. We don’t want you anyway. All you do is criticise - and I’m beyond that. Peasants.

You’ll see. Watch and learn...

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 130
MuddyWaters
December 24, 2019, 11:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Zmariner

There is nobody looking to buy a league 2 football club. This is just the reality of it. Not great, could be better, could be worse. JF takes all the crap and continues to support, with this much abuse many would bail out not keep plugging away, it is a thankless task for sure utm

There are plenty of prospective buyers who wouldn't want terms & conditions like JF suggested last night. If you were buying a business, would you want the incumbent owner sat on the board with you together with Marley, Day & Chapman demanding you do x y and z before they let you open the sweetie jar?

Look at the record of this football club with John Fenty at the helm and work out why loyal fans are unhappy. I've been a fan since 1968 and taking my boys since 2004, hoping one day that they see GTFC return to a higher level, playing the sort of football I've been lucky enough to see and putting some pride back in the area. Instead, we've got a bloke who can't make up his mind whether he wants to be a councillor or a football club owner, still calling all the shots whilst the club rots from within, still using the same tired methods to market itself.

Yes, I'll still be one of the sad bods who buys a season ticket next year but, as long as Fenty is at the helm, it will be in hope not expectation.
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 130
December 24, 2019, 11:05am
Guest User
Quoted from Stevie Cammack

Do you mean Scunthorpe United Football Club?  If you do, then no we have not.  We tend to try and live in the present and look forwards at The Iron.

We leave living in the dim and never to be repeated past to other inferior (for fifteen years, no less) philosophies.  

At least we been there and done it, your lot NEVER will, you'll always be a tinpot team.

Reply: 92 - 130
Marinerz93
December 24, 2019, 11:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

Quoted from dapperz fun pub

he’s a girl private whatever he is 👍 a really sad one

And you appear to be a foul-mouthed barely-literate missing link throwback type character.  But who am I to judge Mr. Cry-Baby?  

No you are not a Judge, you're a pretend Wizard Stevie, and he's got you bang to rights.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 130
Northbank Mariner
December 24, 2019, 11:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from 123614

At least we been there and done it, your lot NEVER will, you'll always be a tinpot team.

Must have come as a shock to Scunny on Saturday, to see a crowd of that size seeing as they're used to, say 3000 on a good day....they may be above us in the league but we will always be a better supported club...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 130
Stevie Cammack
December 24, 2019, 11:26am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -8
Approval: -815
Quoted from 123614

You think people say "those Grimsby lot are some non-tinpot side, they were in the first division 70 years ago don't you know?"     

Q - If you finish below a "tinpot team" for 15 consecutive years, what adjective accurately describes you?    

"He's got you bang to rights" says Mr. Funny Pictures.  Hmm.  I suppose with the level of intellect offered by this Dapperz fellow, you might be right.  Swear, call people names, throw in the old "inbred" classic jibe, and ask "admin" to ban someone who does not post things he likes.  Yep, he is some boy alright.  Bang to rights indeed.  

Current 'Blip' length - 15 years and counting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 130
Stevie Cammack
December 24, 2019, 11:32am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Must have come as a shock to Scunny on Saturday, to see a crowd of that size seeing as they're used to, say 3000 on a good day....they may be above us in the league but we will always be a better supported club...

Oh dear - 12 out of the previous 15 years Scunthorpe have a larger average home attendance than Grimsby.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 130
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 24, 2019, 12:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Just read the interview.

To summarise - Inertia Rules OK.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 130
HertsGTFC
December 24, 2019, 12:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228

You think people say "those Grimsby lot are some non-tinpot side, they were in the first division 70 years ago don't you know?"     

Q - If you finish below a "tinpot team" for 15 consecutive years, what adjective accurately describes you?    

"He's got you bang to rights" says Mr. Funny Pictures.  Hmm.  I suppose with the level of intellect offered by this Dapperz fellow, you might be right.  Swear, call people names, throw in the old "inbred" classic jibe, and ask "admin" to ban someone who does not post things he likes.  Yep, he is some boy alright.  Bang to rights indeed.  

Serious question...... with all the investment and all the chairman’s “PR” and in some cases good recruitment do you feel like your club has under achieved ?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 130
Stevie Cammack
December 24, 2019, 12:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Serious question...... with all the investment and all the chairman’s “PR” and in some cases good recruitment do you feel like your club has under achieved ?

Yes - Should probably be a middling 3rd tier side.  Losing to Rotherham in the PO's a few years was a disaster on that score - the best 7 players all left to go play in the 2nd tier.  That was mismanagement, and in effect a massive gamble which failed.  Was never going to bounce back from that quickly.

The crap someone has spouted, and then somehow become gospel, about us spending gazillions of pounds is nonsense though.  We had a calculated gamble prior to the Rotherham PO loss season, yes - but we haven't suddenly suddenly become a mini-Chelsea, where Swann is some Abramovic type figure.  

The biggest error was releasing Lee Turnbull & his scouting network.  Sharp, Keogh, Hayes, Hooper (from Southend ressies!) - and more, bought for peanuts.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty interview (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.