Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty interview (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 264 Guests

Fenty interview (merged)

This thread currently has 14,448 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
December 24, 2019, 8:12am
Guest User
Quoted from Stevie Cammack

Them too I suppose.  Probably West Ham & VIlla as well.  And certainly those Bellicose Beacons of Unity in Claret & Blue, Scunthorpe United Football Club.  Bow you proles, bow down!

Have your scruffy sewer dwellers ever been in the top tier of the Football League?  Or the semi final of the FA Cup!
Reply: 80 - 130
Mendonca1995
December 24, 2019, 8:32am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from buckstown
I'm not sure I've ever heard someone in a position of senior management so desperate for an interim to succeed. It's like Neil Woods again, just pretend everything is going to be ok so I can avoid making a decision and/or spend any more money.
In summary, he's lifted a cloud and if Northampton hadn't scored and we had!!! If we'd scored against Newport, Cheltenham, Carlisle or Scunthorpe we would have been ok. If we hadn't given goals away against Swindon we would have got a point.
But we didn't for crying out loud, and although I'd love AL to be a success how long do you carry on gambling.
It's so depressing...

Fully agree we are in desperate need of a new manager new ideas to give the players a much needed rocket up their ar@e, this lifted the cloud boll@cks is that really what we all have to look forward too!!!! Frankly it’s not acceptable we haven’t scored in 3 months ffs and nothing’s changed you need to open your eyes John and wake up, since AL has taken the reigns admittedly it has slightly improved but as much as he is a nice guy this that and the other he’s a coach and not a manager, we imo desperately need a manager with some proven experience and authority quickly, how about putting those new shares into a proven manager to sort this sh!t out, this talk of we nearly scored here we did nearly that there is simply not good enough/acceptable we’ve had all this for years !!! we sneaked back into the football league after 6 torrid years and (at the moment) it looks as though we are relying on Macclesfield getting docked points and burys expulsion from the league by not going down this is serious relegation form how embarrassing is that and what happens next season ??? It might sound like a rant but it’s genuinely not I’m just another fan in a long long queue that again is worried about the state of the football club on and off the pitch, imo we have some of the best fans in the country here that travel far and beyond to watch us week in week out and a lot of them are getting fed up, we will never give up supporting our club but at the moment it’s just not good enough and is very worrying sort it out and give us something to get excited about, have merry Xmas everyone and as always UTM ⚫️⚪️

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 130
bax
December 24, 2019, 8:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Only Grimsby Town could ever appoint a manager who failed the interim period. Fenty NEVER learns his lesson does he?

It’s a results business. You’re only ever six games from the sack. I wonder who said both of those things?

I am sure AL is a lovely bloke but if this out of touch board appoints him crowds will drop off and give up if they haven’t already. We will forever go backwards with these idiots in charge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 130
Northbank Mariner
December 24, 2019, 8:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Mendonca1995

Fully agree we are in desperate need of a new manager new ideas to give the players a much needed rocket up their ar@e, this lifted the cloud boll@cks is that really what we all have to look forward too!!!! Frankly it’s not acceptable we haven’t scored in 3 months ffs and nothing’s changed you need to open your eyes John and wake up, since AL has taken the reigns admittedly it has slightly improved but as much as he is a nice guy this that and the other he’s a coach and not a manager, we imo desperately need a manager with some proven experience and authority quickly, how about putting those new shares into a proven manager to sort this sh!t out, this talk of we nearly scored here we did nearly that there is simply not good enough/acceptable we’ve had all this for years !!! we sneaked back into the football league after 6 torrid years and (at the moment) it looks as though we are relying on Macclesfield getting docked points and burys expulsion from the league by not going down this is serious relegation form how embarrassing is that and what happens next season ??? It might sound like a rant but it’s genuinely not I’m just another fan in a long long queue that again is worried about the state of the football club on and off the pitch, imo we have some of the best fans in the country here that travel far and beyond to watch us week in week out and a lot of them are getting fed up, we will never give up supporting our club but at the moment it’s just not good enough and is very worrying sort it out and give us something to get excited about, have merry Xmas everyone and as always UTM ⚫️⚪️

Great post...
And as you say, we'll never stop supporting town, that's in our blood but too many are walking away from BP and now watch from afar..and who can blame them when all we've had is 16 years of debacles, poor decisions and turgid football...we are now in as big a mess as we have been through JSF tenure yet he still thinks he's been a success...sorry but losing nigh on 1500 floating fans year in year out is failure... fighting relegation from the league  year in year out is failure..  
We have the 10th highest average gate in league 2 this season...if this regimes stay in situ that will no doubting be 15-18th at the very best come April 2020...
Fenty and this board are failing this club but most importantly failing it's loyal fan base...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 130
HertsGTFC
December 24, 2019, 8:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
So on reflection......

Though Limbrick has evidently lifted the mood and we are getting the ball down a bit looking at the lack of goals and points tally I’d love to hear how JF can validate backing him.

I know Dale’s hands are tied but he could have asked him something like “well John it feels like you’re backing Anthony considering the points tally and lack of goals what’s your justification for that”?

Also I don’t get why we paid Ring some money, if I wanted to leave my job I wouldn’t get anything other than having to work my notice and accrued holiday etc, well that’s football I suppose.

With regard to re-locating and a take over ..... well both might happen if we’re moving to Fantasy Island.

JF painted a picture that he’s always been there for the club financially to a degree I get that but it feels like it’s always been reactive rather pro active.

Like I said earlier nothing new really.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 130
Stevie Cammack
December 24, 2019, 9:35am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -8
Approval: -815
Quoted from 123614

Have your scruffy sewer dwellers ever been in the top tier of the Football League?  Or the semi final of the FA Cup!

Do you mean Scunthorpe United Football Club?  If you do, then no we have not.  We tend to try and live in the present and look forwards at The Iron.

We leave living in the dim and never to be repeated past to other inferior (for fifteen years, no less) philosophies.  

Current 'Blip' length - 15 years and counting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 130
TheRealJohnLewis
December 24, 2019, 9:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
So NOW he's prepared to put shares into the club! I wonder if he'll give the Trust their shares back.
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 130
forza ivano
December 24, 2019, 10:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Zmariner

There is nobody looking to buy a league 2 football club. This is just the reality of it. Not great, could be better, could be worse. JF takes all the crap and continues to support, with this much abuse many would bail out not keep plugging away, it is a thankless task for sure utm

Really z mariner?? So how come little macc, with all their problems, have Sealey coming back for a second time to try and buy them? So how come Hardy was able to sell County? How did Wycombe, a smaller club than us, manage to find the dynamic American investor? So how come Port Fail manage to get sold to local investors? Even Morecambe managed to find new owners 18 months ago.     But no, of course you're right, nobody, no one at all, ever wants to buy a league 2 club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 130
Bristol Mariner
December 24, 2019, 10:43am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from heppy88
Fifteen years.  One Five.  FIFTEEN. 180 months. 5475 days and in all of that time (7884000 minutes to be exact) what has been achieved at the club? Genuinely, a fair, honest question, what has been achieved?

Sold the pool table.....

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 130
cannylad68
December 24, 2019, 10:44am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
What hasn't been mentioned, is that fans drifting away are not being replaced in the same numbers by new fans.
Only an upturn in fortunes will rectify this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty interview (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.