8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
November 29, 2019, 5:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
Fenty wants Shutes to show that he is anywhere near finalising his deal to takeover the club.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/grimsby-town-takeover-fenty-shutes-3589082

Fenty is worried that if he can't get a deal sorted we might miss out on Freeman Street and end up back where we started, no site to build on.
U
Think he is getting fed up with the inaction on Shutes part.

Good on him I say. It's about time it was sorted one way or another.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Fishy clapper
November 29, 2019, 5:22pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Bloody tyre kickers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 79
Northbank Mariner
November 29, 2019, 5:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
I'm starting to think Schutes is full of hot air to be honest.
If he had the cash we'd have seen the colour of it by now.
It's okay Fenty it's hinging on the club relocating to the docks but, to me, that's just a smoke screen as the docks wasn't even in people's thoughts when the talks began some 18 months ago.
Time to look for another buyer who's not rooting down the back of the sofa looking for loose change...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 79
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 29, 2019, 5:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,504
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
I'm starting to think Schutes is full of hot air to be honest.
If he had the cash we'd have seen the colour of it by now.
It's okay Fenty it's hinging on the club relocating to the docks but, to me, that's just a smoke screen as the docks wasn't even in people's thoughts when the talks began some 18 months ago.
Time to look for another buyer who's not rooting down the back of the sofa looking for loose change...

Think JF implied in one of his responses that discussion with ABP had been ongoing for quite some time and I got the impression this was long before the story broke. Interesting also that the new ground images issued on Freemo site were put together by the Freemasons without permission from the Club.

I may have misinterpreted but like you I get the feeling Shutes now has been given a deadline and it’s put up or bog off.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 79
moosey_club
November 29, 2019, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
The hypocrisy of the man is unbelievable.

He has blatantly ignored every other option to bloody mindedly push for Peaks Parkway, well that was after going for Great Coates....i would think even less than 6 months ago he was still publicly promoting the PP site as his favourite.....now that has fell through he wants Shutes to hurry up so we dont lose the Freeman St site.....give it a rest John...you have had 15yrs ? to move us so don't try deflecting the blame to Shutes if the ground move stalls again.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 79
Rik e B
November 29, 2019, 5:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Shutes needs to be given a deadline otherwise we forced to crack on or miss out on Freemo. I hope he can come good, the docks and regeneration around it would be fantastic!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 79
Northbank Mariner
November 29, 2019, 6:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Must admit it would be nice for Mr Tom Schutes to break his radio silence and actually come out and say something himself.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 79
Bigdog
November 29, 2019, 6:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Rik e B
Shutes needs to be given a deadline otherwise we forced to crack on or miss out on Freemo. I hope he can come good, the docks and regeneration around it would be fantastic!

How are we going to miss out on Freemo exactly? Even if the Shutes takeover doesn't get over the line.. and even if the land at Freeman Street remains available.. where's the 30 mill going to come from to get it built? The manner and urgency of JF's deadline message suggests we'll move immediately ahead with a new stadium at Freemo if the Shutes deal falls through. Does that mean more pointing at build ready land and pretty pictures of fanciful stadiums, followed by a long winded blame game between the club and anyone with a vested interest or will JF finally back up nearly twenty years of empty words with some action this time? Pretty rich JF trying to give Shutes a deadline to get his ducks in a row less than a year since his initial enquiry, while JF's not even found a single duck in nearly twenty years, never mind finding enough ducks to try and make a row of them..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 79
golfer
November 29, 2019, 6:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,373
Gold Stars: 111
If you look on "Company Check" Tom Shutes net worth £-2:.3m [minus] so that means I am £2,333,334 richer than him. If this is true I will put a bid in Monday morning. Meet your new owner and top shareholder. First thing I'll do is get rid of Cardwell and Shitehouse,put all those pies in the bin,and give free admittance to all those who vote Tory.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 79
Northbank Mariner
November 29, 2019, 7:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from golfer
If you look on "Company Check" Tom Shutes net worth £-2:.3m [minus] so that means I am £2,333,334 richer than him. If this is true I will put a bid in Monday morning. Meet your new owner and top shareholder. First thing I'll do is get rid of Cardwell and Shitehouse,put all those pies in the bin,and give free admittance to all those who vote Tory.

Keep taking the tablets, lock your doors as there's some man in a white van with a jacket that has extra long arms and plenty of buckles on their way to yours as we speak!!..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 79
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty on proposed Shutes takover

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.