8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
December 1, 2019, 9:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
I still don't understand where the initial £30-£40 million is going to come from. People keep coming up with hair brained suggestions and can't possibly live in the real world. If the council put money in the rates go up,-regeneration wont create anywhere enough, ABP are a private company only do things for profit. Can't get a bank loan. ????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 79
denni266
December 1, 2019, 10:03am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from golfer
I still don't understand where the initial £30-£40 million is going to come from. People keep coming up with hair brained suggestions and can't possibly live in the real world. If the council put money in the rates go up,-regeneration wont create anywhere enough, ABP are a private company only do things for profit. Can't get a bank loan. ????

Exactly this. no one is going to throw this ammount of money at a bottom of the run football club un less ther is clear proffit to be made at the end of the day . The club cannot get the funds them selves either. We need much more than just a new stadium so we can invest in better players without relying on gate money
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 79
dapperz fun pub
December 1, 2019, 10:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Totally agree with previous posts , ABP don’t give a toss about gtfc Grimsby the town or anything unless it makes them money. The council are skint and poorly run and have been for decades so where does the money come from ? Regarding shutes I think he’s had a look and thought it’s to big a job and pulled out or just couldn’t raise the money either way means it’s not happening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 79
rancido
December 1, 2019, 12:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from denni266

Exactly this. no one is going to throw this ammount of money at a bottom of the run football club un less ther is clear proffit to be made at the end of the day . The club cannot get the funds them selves either. We need much more than just a new stadium so we can invest in better players without relying on gate money

So where is this new money coming from to invest in players? You imply that the club is unsaleable. JF wants out and won't throw more money into the club and the club can't generate more funds themselves. It's all a Catch 22 situation and can only get worse , especially if fans stop going. I'm not being simplistic or sarcastic but what is the answer , especially knowing that JF wants out and there appears to be nobody able to replace him?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 79
denni266
December 1, 2019, 1:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from rancido

So where is this new money coming from to invest in players? You imply that the club is unsaleable. JF wants out and won't throw more money into the club and the club can't generate more funds themselves. It's all a Catch 22 situation and can only get worse , especially if fans stop going. I'm not being simplistic or sarcastic but what is the answer , especially knowing that JF wants out and there appears to be nobody able to replace him?

To be honest i think we are stuck where we are and will just tread water as best we can,, IF and it is a big IF , we do move to a new ground we need a bigger plot than freemo to have the space to put everything we need to go forward, Now i am no big bussiness man , but i do come from being a buisseness man , but i know that to move forward there has to be an advantage and to make more money from the move or you may as well just stay where you are
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 79
denni266
December 1, 2019, 2:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

For what it's worth I read your post and understood it as you say mate.

Cheers.. i was beginning to think i was speaking a different language lol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 79
Yoda
December 2, 2019, 6:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
ABP Grimsby docks land is worthless at the moment no one will buy it.
But with a stadium project marina extension bars and possible apartments it starts to look more sellable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 79
grimsby pete
December 2, 2019, 6:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,795
Gold Stars: 222
Mr Corbyn says if you vote Labour he will build us a new ground then nationalise it then make it free to all that attend.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 79
gytone
December 2, 2019, 8:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,020
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Yoda
ABP Grimsby docks land is worthless at the moment no one will buy it.
But with a stadium project marina extension bars and possible apartments it starts to look more sellable.

I agree with this, i recently spent a day/night in Hull and the fruit market area was really good, nice bars and restaurants and very well designed. I thought how good Grimsby Docks to become with proper investment and a forward thinking council. The only thing probably stopping it is there's still quite a few working fish merchants down there who probably have to be moved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 79
Fishy clapper
December 2, 2019, 8:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from gytone

I agree with this, i recently spent a day/night in Hull and the fruit market area was really good, nice bars and restaurants and very well designed. I thought how good Grimsby Docks to become with proper investment and a forward thinking council. The only thing probably stopping it is there's still quite a few working fish merchants down there who probably have to be moved.

Thought I saw you at kinky boots
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty on proposed Shutes takover

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.