Heisenberg
November 29, 2019, 10:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,037
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Stadium

Have you considered it might a part of a regeneration project and not limited to the building of a football stadium?
Maybe a good idea is not to dismiss it out of hand before we know the facts?

And that’s fair comment.

My take on the docks is it will never be for public access, it’s effectively a dangerous industrial area owned by a huge organisation who are not into gifting land to the people for leisure purposes, whereas Freeman Street is sat
waiting for much needed regeneration. I think the stadium being there would be great.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 79
chaos33
November 29, 2019, 10:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
But why does it take months on end?!?!
Showing proof of funds must surely be possible in a day or two.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 79
louth_in_the_south
November 29, 2019, 11:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from Heisenberg

And that’s fair comment.

My take on the docks is it will never be for public access, it’s effectively a dangerous industrial area owned by a huge organisation who are not into gifting land to the people for leisure purposes, whereas Freeman Street is sat
waiting for much needed regeneration. I think the stadium being there would be great.

I don’t get the obsession some people have with it being on the docks ?! Freemo is basically on the docks anyway and is part of the docks history.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 79
KingstonMariner
November 29, 2019, 11:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club
The hypocrisy of the man is unbelievable.

He has blatantly ignored every other option to bloody mindedly push for Peaks Parkway, well that was after going for Great Coates....i would think even less than 6 months ago he was still publicly promoting the PP site as his favourite.....now that has fell through he wants Shutes to hurry up so we dont lose the Freeman St site.....give it a rest John...you have had 15yrs ? to move us so don't try deflecting the blame to Shutes if the ground move stalls again.

I refer you to the Parable of the Prodigal Son.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 79
arryarryarry
November 30, 2019, 12:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Bigdog

Reading between the lines.. the regeneration project as a whole that Shutes is proposing is much more than just a new stadium and includes a huge part of the designated area. It won't be him funding it on his own, it won't be funded solely by other investors and more likely also involve grants etc. I can understand the impatience, but how long has the whole of NE Lincs been waiting for regeneration? A lot longer than the absolute age that we've been waiting for a new stadium. It may turn out to be a false dawn, it may not, but good or great things don't come easy, especially in areas like ours and projects of this size, and in the grand scheme of things.. just under a year isn't a great deal of time to rubber stamp and underwrite ..

I haven't been reading between the lines but if that is what you have summised then very well done because this is just about what I have been told by an insider.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 79
Rik e B
November 30, 2019, 1:03am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I thought that was a good post. Ducks in a row won't be just purchasing GTFC, but intertwining the whole regeneration project with new stadium as a focal point. There won't just be Shutes involved but many other parties and linked projects.

And surely the club will be pre-warned if time is up and they going to start cracking on with different ideas for Freemo?

Let's not get into left vs right again but sure I read somewhere that if Tories elected there will be big funding for 100 deprived areas.

As Grimsby one of most deprived areas in country surely we in with a shout?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 79
Rik e B
November 30, 2019, 1:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Just checked and Grimsby is one of the 100 chosen, and can bid for up to £25 million to help with infrastructure.

Now that won't go to club or stadium of course but could help out no end with surrounding infrastructure and the Greater Grimsby Project.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 79
Mallyner
November 30, 2019, 7:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from chaos33

It's all down to how big his piggy bank is and how many coins there are to count.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 79
golfer
November 30, 2019, 8:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from chaos33

It is very difficult if your so called funds are tied up in other projects-some making a profit,some making a loss. He wont go to the Post Office and ask " How much money is there in my account " These people buy a newspaper with a credit card. It has to be taken into account whether his investments are "good" for the future. Lawyers will be sorting these things out not individuals.In my opinion it looks pretty tight whether he can come up with the proof or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 79
SomeSanity
November 30, 2019, 9:07am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
i’m really not sure how I feel about this.

I think we’ve all gathered by now that Shutes isn’t a football man. So what’s his motive?

My feeling is, it is solely the money to be made by regenerating the docks. Football stadium would play a big part of that. If Nothing becomes of the docks he will walk away anyway.

So with this being a money orientated purchase. I am a little bit wary. I can think of a few former football club owners who are purchased a club with redevelopment in mind.

The plus side for me is: Because the guy is in a football man, my guess is he would bring somebody in to run the club on a day-to-day basis.

And that means we can finally kick on at the football club. A new CEO will quickly see that what we have in house bar one or two people have not got the ability to run a modern day football club and they will have to leave. We can finally Have a football club both professionally run and forwardthinking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty on proposed Shutes takover

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.