8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Yoda
November 30, 2019, 5:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71

Shutes is not taking over he would of done by now the club should be sold for a pound.
And JF knows it if attendances keep dropping really what is the club worth.
The trust should buy it and offer Fenty £ 500 000 paid back over 10 years.
And he doesn’t deserve that.

It could be viable as a community run club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 79
rancido
November 30, 2019, 7:37pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from denni266
I realy cannot see the point in having a new tin mish stadium with no soul and nothing in, under, by it to bring money in to the club so we do not have to rely on just gate money. And i thought that was a big part of having a new ground.. So many times it has been said that freemo is not a big enough site for what we need to generate funds.. I am not against freemo, but i fail to see how it will make us any better off. no one is going to come in and throw money at us . we need better training areas not the ploggers type thing we have now . we need to own in built shops  restaurants , leisure facilitys etc to generate cash or it is a waste of time in my view.

So you think we shoulder just exist on gate money, player sales and sponsorship? That is a very narrow commercial route to follow and I'm no financial expert. So when we get a dip in form and the gates suffer, what makes up the shortfall? Of course you mean some rich benefactor to put money into the club as and when, just to keep the club going on your behalf.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 79
Heisenberg
November 30, 2019, 8:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,033
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from denni266
I realy cannot see the point in having a new tin mish stadium with no soul and nothing in, under, by it to bring money in to the club so we do not have to rely on just gate money. And i thought that was a big part of having a new ground.. So many times it has been said that freemo is not a big enough site for what we need to generate funds.. I am not against freemo, but i fail to see how it will make us any better off. no one is going to come in and throw money at us . we need better training areas not the ploggers type thing we have now . we need to own in built shops  restaurants , leisure facilitys etc to generate cash or it is a waste of time in my view.

Very forward-thinking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 79
denni266
November 30, 2019, 8:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from rancido

So you think we shoulder just exist on gate money, player sales and sponsorship? That is a very narrow commercial route to follow and I'm no financial expert. So when we get a dip in form and the gates suffer, what makes up the shortfall? Of course you mean some rich benefactor to put money into the club as and when, just to keep the club going on your behalf.

I think you miss understand what i ment.. let me put it simpler......a new ground on its own will not help cash flow to put in too players ,, we need the extras ie shops sports facilitys to bring in extra income
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 79
chaos33
November 30, 2019, 8:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from denni266

I’ll tell you what’s a waste of time mate. Reading your posts.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 79
denni266
November 30, 2019, 8:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from chaos33

I’ll tell you what’s a waste of time mate. Reading your posts.

Feel free to skip past my posts.. its a free world  so am told
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 79
promotion plaice
November 30, 2019, 10:22pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from denni266

I think you miss understand what i ment.. let me put it simpler......a new ground on its own will not help cash flow to put in too players ,, we need the extras ie shops sports facilitys to bring in extra income

For what it's worth I read your post and understood it as you say mate.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 79
RichMariner
November 30, 2019, 10:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
I was having a chat with someone a few weeks back who I'd never met before. He's involved in some regeneration project over Halifax way and mentioned the name Shutes. We spent the next few minutes making sure we were talking about the same guy.

I don't think Grimsby is his only interest - or maybe it is, and he's either realised Fenty won't sell or he can't satisfy his request for proof of funds so he's going elsewhere.

I have a funny feeling this is going nowhere.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 57 - 79
promotion plaice
November 30, 2019, 10:47pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from RichMariner
I don't think Grimsby is his only interest - or maybe it is, and he's either realised Fenty won't sell or he can't satisfy his request for proof of funds so he's going elsewhere.
I have a funny feeling this is going nowhere.

Didn't Mr Fenty say they had already agreed on the price !?!

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 79
rancido
December 1, 2019, 8:16am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from denni266

Hopefully the new ground would incorporate shops, better conference facilities and some kind of training/gym set up. These are the "non game" income streams that we need. The construction of the stadium and some of it's surroundings could include these. I think  every statement from the club concerning the new ground has emphasised the need for non match income streams to help fund the club.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty on proposed Shutes takover

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.