Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thoughts on jolleys future?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 183 Guests

Jolleys future what's peoples opinions?
Happy to keep jolleys for the remainder of the season. (55 votes)
37.67%
Give him a few more games (53 votes)
36.30%
Time to go now. (38 votes)
26.03%
146 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Thoughts on jolleys future?

This thread currently has 7,888 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Ashby mariner
November 9, 2019, 9:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Having been today listening to people's comments at the game and then reading a few comments on here got me thinking what the majority are thinking on the future of the manager?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Ipswin
November 9, 2019, 9:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Where's the 'We should never have employed him' option?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2019, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
My thoughts are that they give out UEFA coaching badges fee in a box of Weetabix if today’s tactical master class is anything to go by.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
lew chaterleys lover
November 9, 2019, 9:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
He has had a good go at it. He has his own team (not too bad on paper) but is going backwards. I have no idea what our first team is, neither has he.

We are unbelievably negative; passing backwards and sideways, then backwards again before walloping it up the field to no effect whatsoever.

He is not soley to blame, but we won't be getting rid of the board anytime soon so the manager has to take the can. Time to go, well before the transfer window to allow a new manager a chance to bring in one or two that will shake things up.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
Les Brechin
November 9, 2019, 9:29pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Ipswin
Where's the 'We should never have employed him' option?

If we hadn't we could well have been looking forward to a trip to Maidenhead next week. Did a great job when he first took over but is certainly stagnating now,

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
promotion plaice
November 9, 2019, 9:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Give Jolley until the end of the year and if we are in the bottom three by then let him go.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
Malta_Mariner_90
November 9, 2019, 9:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
I think the big thing for me is that he has been unable to produce a team playing the football he talked about. Last season was all about wanting us to play fast, energetic and attacking football. Still waiting for the first of those three to arrive let alone all three a season and a half later...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
jonnyboy82
November 9, 2019, 9:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Stabilised the club and made a few improvements to some extent overall BUT the football is nothing short of dire and the improvement of between were we are now and when he arrived isnt good enough after a good few seasons to suggest he is going to do anything here other than bore us to death with his football and keep us up.

I just want to see some football and entertainment for my 20 quid not be looking for the ball towards the upper for 90 minutes.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
chaos33
November 9, 2019, 10:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
I really don’t understand it. There is no evidence of any sort of management in our play. Watch us, and the walloping, hope for the best style is what you’d expect if we didn’t have anyone in charge. He is top qualified, and articulate but there’s absolutely no evidence of any sort of method in our play. It’s crazy. I think, unless there is a major turn around in the next couple of games, he should be gone. If you look at the stats, we are making no progress whatsoever, and we are dire to watch. I like Jolley but he has made a total mess of it.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
Northbank Mariner
November 9, 2019, 10:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from chaos33
I really don’t understand it. There is no evidence of any sort of management in our play. Watch us, and the walloping, hope for the best style is what you’d expect if we didn’t have anyone in charge. He is top qualified, and articulate but there’s absolutely no evidence of any sort of method in our play. It’s crazy. I think, unless there is a major turn around in the next couple of games, he should be gone. If you look at the stats, we are making no progress whatsoever, and we are dire to watch. I like Jolley but he has made a total mess of it.

Do you know my analogy of Jolley...he's a morph of Bignott and Slade.... Bignott could see a player, but tactically frigging useless and Slade just knew one way...smash it upfield and hope to pick up the pieces. ..all sounds too familiar to me right now..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thoughts on jolleys future?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.