5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
October 9, 2019, 3:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Don't think it's the stadium itself that is soulless. It's the fans that go that determin the atmosphere.  So long as it is not too big with big empty spaces I'm sure Town fans will create a decent atmosphere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
White_shorts
October 9, 2019, 9:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -646
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from golfer

What we need are friends on the council for a change

It doesn't help that the council's head of regeneration still says that Peaks Parkway is the best place for a new stadium. Mr Fenty has shown no enthusiasm for the East Marsh, despite the Freemen's excellent vision.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
KingstonMariner
October 9, 2019, 9:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from White_shorts

It doesn't help that the council's head of regeneration still says that Peaks Parkway is the best place for a new stadium. Mr Fenty has shown no enthusiasm for the East Marsh, despite the Freemen's excellent vision.

And he has never explained how it can be afforded at his preferred site either. Why he doesn’t just give it up I don’t know. The council approved the site and just needed a planning application - the fact one was never made suggests it wasn’t financially viable.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
Mrs Doyle
October 9, 2019, 11:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Kris2

I think a new,modern stadium would be a boost to morale among fans and the club. It'd be more attractive to young people who don't have the same attachments and nostalgia for GTFC and Blundell Park. I think it'd be a start in boosting numbers and sustainability of support. A nice looking ground with modern facilities with a retail park and facilities for young people to get involved in football would do a lot for the town and club.

As for all this talk of "soulless" grounds outside of the town centre I think expansion is important and it needs the space to add extra facilities and make it the centre of everything about the club. A lot of people seem to have an opinion on what they want and it's based on nostalgia over practicality. It's probably one of the reasons why we can't move forward because we have all these pipe dreams of Freeman Street and the docks where there just isn't the space for what we need. The reasons people support it have nothing to do with it being good for the club, it's just good for their own nostalgia where they can see the docks renovated and look forth at the dock tower as the game is on and remember the good old days. There is plenty of land around the area but for some it seems like town centre or nothing.

Sorry but that is utter rubbish I have supported GTFC over fiffty years and WANT us to move to a new ground.

B.P. is a sad shadow of it's former self. No Nostalgia just sorry to say the young fans will NEVER see a home crowd of 10k plus and the sort of atmosphere/noise that goes with it.

No nostalgia trip from me we need a new stadium that is up to date and not a fecking eye sore.

I challenge anyone to enter the ground from Harrington Street and feel happy with what they see dog excrement and all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
mimma
October 9, 2019, 11:46pm
Brandy Drinker
When our only cinema was down Freemo, people would travel to Scunny or Hull to watch a film rather than go down Freemo to the old decrepit run down flea pit.

Once a new up to date cinema was built up Cleethorpes they stopped travelling and used this new cinema.

If you want to attract families and new fans of today, you have to offer them a better matchday experience, which Blundell Park, for all its nostalgia, cannot give them.

It will also make more money and help us attract better players to the area.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
Swansea_Mariner
October 10, 2019, 8:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
So their new stadium costs 11.5m how comes they can finance that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
mimma
October 10, 2019, 10:29am
Brandy Drinker
That's a very good question Swansea Mariner.It is now a majority of clubs in the football league, as well as some non league clubs have financed major redevelopment of their facilities.

What is it that is stopping us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
Swansea_Mariner
October 10, 2019, 11:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Perhaps we could make a transfer offer for their Board  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
jamesgtfc
October 10, 2019, 12:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
So their new stadium costs 11.5m how comes they can finance that?

It is all part of a wider development titled The Quadrant.

Part of the deal for the other building works is a community stadium. A large part of the delay in starting the stadium build was ensuring all funding was secured.

The Malkinson family who own the ground are kicking Boston out at the end of the season which has probably pushed it along somewhat too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
crusty ole pie
October 10, 2019, 7:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,325
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Sorry but that is utter rubbish I have supported GTFC over fiffty years and WANT us to move to a new ground.

B.P. is a sad shadow of it's former self. No Nostalgia just sorry to say the young fans will NEVER see a home crowd of 10k plus and the sort of atmosphere/noise that goes with it.

No nostalgia trip from me we need a new stadium that is up to date and not a fecking eye sore.

I
I challenge anyone to enter the ground from Harrington Street and feel happy with what they see dog excrement and all.

could not agree more I shudder with embarrassment every time I go past on the train and so wish john Fenty would get up his ladders with a can of creosote in his hand
Yes if I am still around when we move yes I will shed a tear for the memories of the my past friends and family and smile for the great times in one go but it is time we moved to a  facility that the younger generation want to come to
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boston flipping united

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.