Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Boston flipping united
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 181 Guests

Boston flipping united

This thread currently has 7,521 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
tanga_the_indestructible
October 10, 2019, 10:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Sorry but that is utter rubbish I have supported GTFC over fiffty years and WANT us to move to a new ground.

B.P. is a sad shadow of it's former self. No Nostalgia just sorry to say the young fans will NEVER see a home crowd of 10k plus and the sort of atmosphere/noise that goes with it.

No nostalgia trip from me we need a new stadium that is up to date and not a fecking eye sore.

I challenge anyone to enter the ground from Harrington Street and feel happy with what they see dog excrement and all.

As much as I've loved our ground over the years, I think it truly lost its heart when the Barratt was pulled down. It used to be a terrifying ground for the opposition to play in when all the stands were the same level and height; an intensity to the atmosphere that we've never really recaptured. We've obviously had some great moments, post-1980, but nothing will compare with nights like the Everton or Wolves games (night games, in particular, always seemed just a little bit more exciting, too).

Personally I can't wait for us to go to a new ground.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
KingstonMariner
October 10, 2019, 10:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

As much as I've loved our ground over the years, I think it truly lost its heart when the Barratt was pulled down. It used to be a terrifying ground for the opposition to play in when all the stands were the same level and height; an intensity to the atmosphere that we've never really recaptured. We've obviously had some great moments, post-1980, but nothing will compare with nights like the Everton or Wolves games (night games, in particular, always seemed just a little bit more exciting, too).

Personally I can't wait for us to go to a new ground.

Never mind the opposition. It used to terrify me when the Barratt Stand used to move  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
Mrs Doyle
October 11, 2019, 7:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
.....and the river of urine that ran down the old barrat terracing lol.

Plus side how many kids managed to sneek through the rotten wooden planks at the back without paying lol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
TAGG
October 11, 2019, 9:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Only one individual to blame for our club not advancing in any way.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
moosey_club
October 11, 2019, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from TAGG
Only one individual to blame for our club not advancing in any way.

Tom Shutes ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
KingstonMariner
October 11, 2019, 11:38pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
.....and the river of urine that ran down the old barrat terracing lol.

Plus side how many kids managed to sneek through the rotten wooden planks at the back without paying lol.

I learned early on not to stand too near the crash barrier halfway down the stand. 'Why's someone spilt hot orangejuice down there grandad?'

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Boston flipping united

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.