Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Getting a new ground for Christ sake why not us

Because we haven’t got the money.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
promotion plaice
October 7, 2019, 7:16pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,026
Gold Stars: 194
Quoted from Teesknees
Why would we want a new ground in Boston

Cos we can't get one round here     

Joking apart I also saw it on "Look North", early stages with just the steel work going up at the moment but it looks half decent for a club the size of Boston.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
Heisenberg
October 7, 2019, 7:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,029
Gold Stars: 93
To be fair, that dump they’re in right now makes Blundell Park look like the San Siro.

I know what you mean, though. I’m sick of the whole new ground thing with us as it’ll never happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 45
moosey_club
October 7, 2019, 7:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
The new ground has been signposted off one of the main roads through Boston for quite some time, have seen the sign off one of the roundabouts when driving through for a couple of years at least but the exit was blocked off and the road not finished.

To be honest is there actually anyone on here who really believes we are even close to getting a new ground ? As it stands we have no single rubber stamped site of preference, no planning, no finance and seemingly no political will to help ease it along.
Despite all the promises made down the years by individuals, consultants, councillors we are still years away from a new home, if even at all.

Do we even know what the clubs preference is, is  JF still saying PP is his preferred site ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 45
Rik e B
October 7, 2019, 8:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Miss playing Boston though, cracking away day if a bit of a manufactured derby. There big standing away end was quality, rest of ground cack though.

That being said, id rather be in a much higher division than 'the likes of them'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 45
Swansea_Mariner
October 7, 2019, 9:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Where did they get the money from to do it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 45
moosey_club
October 7, 2019, 9:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Where did they get the money from to do it?

they were refurbing Steve Evans old office and found a wad of cash under the floorboards..

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
Kris2
October 7, 2019, 9:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Well nice for them not having to play in a dump next to a petrol station. It seems they delivered a viable plan,have support to build retail and community facilities and the local council on board. All things we lack right now.

I just don't think anyone wants to seriously invest the time and money in GTFC right now. The best chance we had for a new stadium was blown years ago by the council bumbling around to please a few whinging old villagers. Nobody can even agree on where to put a stadium, a plan is submitted,drawings made and then everyone finds a reason why it can't go there. "No it'd be better here!" is what they say no matter where it is. We are probably still 20 years away from a new stadium if at all.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
Poojah
October 7, 2019, 11:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,459
Gold Stars: 1,500
I wouldn’t get too excited, it’s yet another plastic, semi-out of town stadium along similar lines to York’s new ground which is frankly horrific in its soullessness:

https://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/news/photo-gallery-community-stadium

I may be on my own but I don’t mind York Street. Like Bootham Crescent (not to mention Blundell Park) the facilities are poor but as a footballing ‘experience’ it’s far superior to what the new ground will offer.

New stadiums can be great, but they have to be ‘right’. Ask fans of Coventry, Darlington et al. We need one if we’re ever going to progress as a club but it has to be in the right location (i.e. Freemo or the docks) and not be a shìt, soulless breezeock exhibition that so many new grounds are these days.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
mimma
October 8, 2019, 12:43am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,566
Gold Stars: 78
The cost of building a stadium the size that Boston need, is relatively small compared to what Town need in terms of size and league requirements.

The biggest problem Town has is finding a suitable location. Boston is surrounded by land, where as Grimsby is on the coast which means that there is less land close to the town to build on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
GYinScuntland
October 8, 2019, 2:20am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Poojah
I wouldn’t get too excited, it’s yet another plastic, semi-out of town stadium along similar lines to York’s new ground which is frankly horrific in its soullessness:

https://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/news/photo-gallery-community-stadium

I may be on my own, but I don’t mind York Street. Like Bootham Crescent (not to mention Blundell Park) the facilities are poor but as a footballing ‘experience’ it’s far superior to what the new ground will offer.

New stadiums can be great, but they have to be ‘right’. Ask fans of Coventry, Darlington et al. We need one if we’re ever going to progress as a club but it has to be in the right location (i.e. Freemo or the docks) and not be a shìt, soulless breezeock exhibition that so many new grounds are these days.

You're not.
York St, Bootham Cr and many other now lost "old school" footy grounds such as Saltergate, Millmoor, Feethams were in the centre of good drinking towns, near the train station, full of atmosphere and a cracking away day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
Mrs Doyle
October 8, 2019, 8:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Saw that on look north did not look bad tbf they even metioned Hulls stadium and Scunthorpe n Lincolns planned new Stadiums.

We are miles/years behind and always will be in that regard it was only ever a pipe dream.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
Son of Cod
October 8, 2019, 10:58am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from GYinScuntland

You're not.
York St, Bootham Cr and many other now lost "old school" footy grounds such as Saltergate, Millmoor, Feethams were in the centre of good drinking towns, near the train station, full of atmosphere and a cracking away day.

We're losing them at an alarming rate too. Griffin Park and Kenilworth Road will both be gone soon, which are two of the best.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
Bigdog
October 8, 2019, 10:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from mimma
The cost of building a stadium the size that Boston need, is relatively small compared to what Town need in terms of size and league requirements.

The biggest problem Town has is finding a suitable location. Boston is surrounded by land, where as Grimsby is on the coast which means that there is less land close to the town to build on.

The biggest problem is not finding a suitable location, it's having the finance to fulfil any pipedream that's been cruelly presented to the fans over the years. Only raises expectations way beyond the bleak reality of our present circumstances.. and another decade gets ticked off.. and another.. and another..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
Bigdog
October 8, 2019, 11:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Had a look through the 91 clubs and we must be one of only a dozen left who haven't got a new stadium, haven't redeveloped their ground or got existing facilities that suit their requirements. Premier League (Everton, Bournemouth, Palace looking to relocate), Championship (Fulham looking to relocate, Luton and Brentford building new stadiums), League One (Coventry homeless, Bristol Rovers and Lincoln City looking to relocate, Southend new stadium on its way), League Two (Newport, Cambridge, Town and Oldham in desperate need of new facilities).

We're one of the very few who still have decrepit facilities compared to the rest..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
FishOutOfWater
October 8, 2019, 2:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,563
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Bigdog
Had a look through the 91 clubs and we must be one of only a dozen left who haven't got a new stadium, haven't redeveloped their ground or got existing facilities that suit their requirements. Premier League (Everton, Bournemouth, Palace looking to relocate), Championship (Fulham looking to relocate, Luton and Brentford building new stadiums), League One (Coventry homeless, Bristol Rovers and Lincoln City looking to relocate, Southend new stadium on its way), League Two (Newport, Cambridge, Town and Oldham in desperate need of new facilities).

We're one of the very few who still have decrepit facilities compared to the rest..

Ive only been to the Oldham ground twice.... once in the 80-81 season and again last season

Given how their ground has definitely been improved in that period of time, from where they were back then, I'd not say they are in desperate need
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 45
mimma
October 8, 2019, 3:24pm
Brandy Drinker
When you look at all the other clubs in the league, you have to ask the question "why has the majority of clubs redevelped when we can't or won't?"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
MuddyWaters
October 8, 2019, 3:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from mimma

Is that before or after it floods from the North Sea?
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
HertsGTFC
October 8, 2019, 3:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
The state of BP and the apathy and cheap talk of all involved in it has grinded my gears for years now but in reality even if we moved to a swish new home how many home supporters would we get week in week out?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
Kris2
October 8, 2019, 5:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from HertsGTFC
The state of BP and the apathy and cheap talk of all involved in it has grinded my gears for years now but in reality even if we moved to a swish new home how many home supporters would we get week in week out?

I think a new,modern stadium would be a boost to morale among fans and the club. It'd be more attractive to young people who don't have the same attachments and nostalgia for GTFC and Blundell Park. I think it'd be a start in boosting numbers and sustainability of support. A nice looking ground with modern facilities with a retail park and facilities for young people to get involved in football would do a lot for the town and club.

As for all this talk of "soulless" grounds outside of the town centre I think expansion is important and it needs the space to add extra facilities and make it the centre of everything about the club. A lot of people seem to have an opinion on what they want and it's based on nostalgia over practicality. It's probably one of the reasons why we can't move forward because we have all these pipe dreams of Freeman Street and the docks where there just isn't the space for what we need. The reasons people support it have nothing to do with it being good for the club, it's just good for their own nostalgia where they can see the docks renovated and look forth at the dock tower as the game is on and remember the good old days. There is plenty of land around the area but for some it seems like town centre or nothing.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
ponnyfan
October 8, 2019, 6:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94

We're losing them at an alarming rate too. Griffin Park and Kenilworth Road will both be gone soon, which are two of the best.

Kenilworth Road....one of the worst grounds I’ve ever visited and in a horrible area/environment

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
arryarryarry
October 8, 2019, 6:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 116
Is it next year that will be the 25th anniversary of a new ground being announced?
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
White_shorts
October 8, 2019, 7:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -624
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Kris2

As for all this talk of "soulless" grounds outside of the town centre I think expansion is important and it needs the space to add extra facilities and make it the centre of everything about the club. A lot of people seem to have an opinion on what they want and it's based on nostalgia over practicality. It's probably one of the reasons why we can't move forward because we have all these pipe dreams of Freeman Street and the docks where there just isn't the space for what we need. The reasons people support it have nothing to do with it being good for the club, it's just good for their own nostalgia where they can see the docks renovated and look forth at the dock tower as the game is on and remember the good old days. There is plenty of land around the area but for some it seems like town centre or nothing.

Nonsense. The Blundell Park footprint actually fits into the area available now, bordered by Thesiger, Garibaldi, Albion and Albert Street. With the Findus and Main Stand extended the full length of the pitch, the capacity would be around 12,000, which is more than adequate for the third and fourth division.

The Freemen obviously think it possible to relocate the people living on Thesiger Walk. With those houses gone, there would be a huge site up to Kent Street.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
golfer
October 8, 2019, 8:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Kris2
Well nice for them not having to play in a dump next to a petrol station. It seems they delivered a viable plan,have support to build retail and community facilities and the local council on board. All things we lack right now.

I just don't think anyone wants to seriously invest the time and money in GTFC right now. The best chance we had for a new stadium was blown years ago by the council bumbling around to please a few whinging old villagers. Nobody can even agree on where to put a stadium, a plan is submitted,drawings made and then everyone finds a reason why it can't go there. "No it'd be better here!" is what they say no matter where it is. We are probably still 20 years away from a new stadium if at all.

What we need are friends on the council for a change
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
KingstonMariner
October 8, 2019, 10:08pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from golfer

It makes no sodding difference if we haven't got the money to pay for a new stadium. Ultimately, whatever the pros and cons of the various sites, and the views of the council, it isn't going to happen until somehow solves the question of where the money is going to come from.

Our best chance of funding the stadium went 18(?) years ago when the Great Coates site was first rejected. Since then it's been a Pyewipe dream. Peaks Parkway was never going to get us within fundable distance of a new stadium - there were never going to be enough houses sold at Grimsby prices to make a big enough profit for a developer to pay enough money.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
Son of Cod
October 9, 2019, 1:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from ponnyfan

Kenilworth Road....one of the worst grounds I’ve ever visited and in a horrible area/environment

It definitely splits opinion. People seem to love it or hate it. It's probably my favourite ground in the country, though. Great acoustics/atmosphere, best entrance to an away end, unique stands. When people talk about old grounds with character then it's hard to find better. Don't buy the horrible area/environment argument either. It's just surrounded by terraced houses like a lot of the best grounds.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
FishOutOfWater
October 9, 2019, 2:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,563
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Son of Cod

It definitely splits opinion. People seem to love it or hate it. It's probably my favourite ground in the country, though. Great acoustics/atmosphere, best entrance to an away end, unique stands. When people talk about old grounds with character then it's hard to find better. Don't buy the horrible area/environment argument either. It's just surrounded by terraced houses like a lot of the best grounds.

I always liked Peterborough's London Road away end for the acoustics when we had a good following.... maybe not better but I'd argue just as good

Not sure though with their ground being redeveloped whether this one stands the test of time or not?  Do they have any relocation plans by the way? Can't think I've seen any at all?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 45
mimma
October 9, 2019, 3:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Don't think it's the stadium itself that is soulless. It's the fans that go that determin the atmosphere.  So long as it is not too big with big empty spaces I'm sure Town fans will create a decent atmosphere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
White_shorts
October 9, 2019, 9:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -624
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from golfer

It doesn't help that the council's head of regeneration still says that Peaks Parkway is the best place for a new stadium. Mr Fenty has shown no enthusiasm for the East Marsh, despite the Freemen's excellent vision.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
KingstonMariner
October 9, 2019, 9:19pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from White_shorts

It doesn't help that the council's head of regeneration still says that Peaks Parkway is the best place for a new stadium. Mr Fenty has shown no enthusiasm for the East Marsh, despite the Freemen's excellent vision.

And he has never explained how it can be afforded at his preferred site either. Why he doesn’t just give it up I don’t know. The council approved the site and just needed a planning application - the fact one was never made suggests it wasn’t financially viable.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
Mrs Doyle
October 9, 2019, 11:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Kris2

I think a new,modern stadium would be a boost to morale among fans and the club. It'd be more attractive to young people who don't have the same attachments and nostalgia for GTFC and Blundell Park. I think it'd be a start in boosting numbers and sustainability of support. A nice looking ground with modern facilities with a retail park and facilities for young people to get involved in football would do a lot for the town and club.

Sorry but that is utter rubbish I have supported GTFC over fiffty years and WANT us to move to a new ground.

B.P. is a sad shadow of it's former self. No Nostalgia just sorry to say the young fans will NEVER see a home crowd of 10k plus and the sort of atmosphere/noise that goes with it.

No nostalgia trip from me we need a new stadium that is up to date and not a fecking eye sore.

I challenge anyone to enter the ground from Harrington Street and feel happy with what they see dog excrement and all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
mimma
October 9, 2019, 11:46pm
Brandy Drinker
When our only cinema was down Freemo, people would travel to Scunny or Hull to watch a film rather than go down Freemo to the old decrepit run down flea pit.

Once a new up to date cinema was built up Cleethorpes they stopped travelling and used this new cinema.

If you want to attract families and new fans of today, you have to offer them a better matchday experience, which Blundell Park, for all its nostalgia, cannot give them.

It will also make more money and help us attract better players to the area.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
Swansea_Mariner
October 10, 2019, 8:00am
Whiskey Drinker
So their new stadium costs 11.5m how comes they can finance that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
mimma
October 10, 2019, 10:29am
Brandy Drinker
That's a very good question Swansea Mariner.It is now a majority of clubs in the football league, as well as some non league clubs have financed major redevelopment of their facilities.

What is it that is stopping us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
Swansea_Mariner
October 10, 2019, 11:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Perhaps we could make a transfer offer for their Board  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
jamesgtfc
October 10, 2019, 12:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
So their new stadium costs 11.5m how comes they can finance that?

It is all part of a wider development titled The Quadrant.

Part of the deal for the other building works is a community stadium. A large part of the delay in starting the stadium build was ensuring all funding was secured.

The Malkinson family who own the ground are kicking Boston out at the end of the season which has probably pushed it along somewhat too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
crusty ole pie
October 10, 2019, 7:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,336
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Sorry but that is utter rubbish I have supported GTFC over fiffty years and WANT us to move to a new ground.

B.P. is a sad shadow of it's former self. No Nostalgia just sorry to say the young fans will NEVER see a home crowd of 10k plus and the sort of atmosphere/noise that goes with it.

No nostalgia trip from me we need a new stadium that is up to date and not a fecking eye sore.

I
I challenge anyone to enter the ground from Harrington Street and feel happy with what they see dog excrement and all.

could not agree more I shudder with embarrassment every time I go past on the train and so wish john Fenty would get up his ladders with a can of creosote in his hand
Yes if I am still around when we move yes I will shed a tear for the memories of the my past friends and family and smile for the great times in one go but it is time we moved to a  facility that the younger generation want to come to
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
tanga_the_indestructible
October 10, 2019, 10:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +620
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

As much as I've loved our ground over the years, I think it truly lost its heart when the Barratt was pulled down. It used to be a terrifying ground for the opposition to play in when all the stands were the same level and height; an intensity to the atmosphere that we've never really recaptured. We've obviously had some great moments, post-1980, but nothing will compare with nights like the Everton or Wolves games (night games, in particular, always seemed just a little bit more exciting, too).

Personally I can't wait for us to go to a new ground.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
KingstonMariner
October 10, 2019, 10:17pm
Meths Drinker

As much as I've loved our ground over the years, I think it truly lost its heart when the Barratt was pulled down. It used to be a terrifying ground for the opposition to play in when all the stands were the same level and height; an intensity to the atmosphere that we've never really recaptured. We've obviously had some great moments, post-1980, but nothing will compare with nights like the Everton or Wolves games (night games, in particular, always seemed just a little bit more exciting, too).

Personally I can't wait for us to go to a new ground.

Never mind the opposition. It used to terrify me when the Barratt Stand used to move  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
Mrs Doyle
October 11, 2019, 7:55am
Whiskey Drinker
.....and the river of urine that ran down the old barrat terracing lol.

Plus side how many kids managed to sneek through the rotten wooden planks at the back without paying lol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
TAGG
October 11, 2019, 9:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,958
Gold Stars: 124
Only one individual to blame for our club not advancing in any way.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
moosey_club
October 11, 2019, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from TAGG
Only one individual to blame for our club not advancing in any way.

Tom Shutes ?  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
KingstonMariner
October 11, 2019, 11:38pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
.....and the river of urine that ran down the old barrat terracing lol.

Plus side how many kids managed to sneek through the rotten wooden planks at the back without paying lol.

I learned early on not to stand too near the crash barrier halfway down the stand. 'Why's someone spilt hot orangejuice down there grandad?'

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boston flipping united

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.