10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 9, 2019, 4:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
I quoted last week that Huddersfield had reportedly offered a salary of £1.5m per annum as opposed to £140k at Lincoln, that is pretty life changing especially if it’s a 3 year contract. Given that offer not surprised they have moved on but a little surprised at the destination always thought Ipswich or Norwich would be where they ended up.

Hopefully, the replacement will get things back to normal and my visits to the pub will not be accompanied by constant banter on the mighty Imps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 95
Heisenberg
September 9, 2019, 4:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,048
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from marinerdazza

I think the parachute payments and the fact Huddersfield kept to a strict budget in the Prem may have a lot to do with it.

Good point, but they can't do anything with that money until January.  That's a long way away........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 95
Maringer
September 9, 2019, 4:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Heisenberg

It's not like Huddersfield is one of those "when they come knocking, you can't say 'no'" type of clubs.

If they are paying you enough to set you up for life, then saying yes might be a good idea, regardless of the likelihood of success in the longer-term.

Huddersfield will have a heck of a wodge of money coming from their parachute payments so they ought to have a shout of becoming promotion contenders in the longer term. If the Cowleys can drag them up into mid-table this season, they ought to have a good bit to spend in comparison to many other clubs. Certainly an order of magnitude (or two) more than they've had in the past.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 95
Superdan147
September 9, 2019, 5:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from forza ivano
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49634696

now confirmed. Michael Jolley now the 31st longest serving manager in the 92, and he's only been with us for 2.5 years!

Not quite, he’s only been with us 18 months.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 95
HertsGTFC
September 9, 2019, 5:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
I won't  miss all "The Cowley's this and the Cowley's that" stuff to be fair and reckon they'll do well at Huddersfield, well enough to take them back to the Prem? Who know's? but they'll have a bundle of parachute money to have a good go.

I don't watch the Championship much but it looks a world away from The NL, L2 and L1.

As for the Gimps I'd be looking at Adkins if he's not working already.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 95
Heisenberg
September 9, 2019, 6:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,048
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
I quoted last week that Huddersfield had reportedly offered a salary of £1.5m per annum as opposed to £140k at Lincoln, that is pretty life changing especially if it’s a 3 year contract. Given that offer not surprised they have moved on but a little surprised at the destination always thought Ipswich or Norwich would be where they ended up.

Hopefully, the replacement will get things back to normal and my visits to the pub will not be accompanied by constant banter on the mighty Imps.

Well, no more explanation needed. That really is a no brainier, we’d all do it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 95
Northbank Mariner
September 9, 2019, 6:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I won't  miss all "The Cowley's this and the Cowley's that" stuff to be fair and reckon they'll do well at Huddersfield, well enough to take them back to the Prem? Who know's? but they'll have a bundle of parachute money to have a good go.

I don't watch the Championship much but it looks a world away from The NL, L2 and L1.

As for the Gimps I'd be looking at Adkins if he's not working already.    

To be fair n square, for as much as I was sick to the back teeth of Gimps going on about the Cowley's, the brothers grim have done a cracking job at getting Lincoln, as a club, to where they are now, but if they cannot adapt to a completely different level of pressure and expectancy they'll be in the mire and regretting leaving in no time...
As for Adkins, wouldn't be at all surprised to see him in at Lincoln, but wondering if he'd drop to league 1..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 95
forza ivano
September 9, 2019, 6:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Superdan147

Not quite, he’s only been with us 18 months.  

Bloody fat fingers! Terrible indictment though that he's likely to be in the top 30 longest serving managers well before he's even completed 2 years with us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 95
Marinerz93
September 9, 2019, 6:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
What's Newell up to these days

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 95
pizzzza
September 9, 2019, 6:51pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
[url]https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/lincoln-city[/url]

Ainsworth favourite to replace them....
*gulp* Michael Jolley 33-1

Yes, I know these odds mean pretty much f-all at this stage....
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cowley to 'udders

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.