promotion plaice
September 9, 2019, 6:54pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from Marinerz93
What's Newell up to these days

It's a shame Slade got fixed up recently, he would have been a good fit at Lincoln  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 95
dapperz fun pub
September 9, 2019, 7:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
I think Ainsworth would be a decent replacement and he out thought the Cowleys tactically on Saturday I’m told so could be a real possibility. Imp fans on social media seem slightly miffed and surprised the brothers have  gone to Huddersfield just for money and clearly it is for the money because if it wasn’t why didn’t they go to Wednesday a far bigger club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 95
Abdul19
September 9, 2019, 7:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Did they turn Wednesday down?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 95
promotion plaice
September 9, 2019, 7:04pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from Abdul19
Did they turn Wednesday down?

Cowley said there was no contact from Wednesday.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 95
rancido
September 9, 2019, 7:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,529
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Les Brechin

Can you be a superb obnoxious twit?

You can if you are an oxymoron !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 95
dapperz fun pub
September 9, 2019, 7:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from promotion plaice

Cowley said there was no contact from Wednesday.

He also said he wouldn’t leave the job half way through 😂  looks to me he’s played Wednesday and Huddersfield off against each other to achieve his wage ambition
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 95
rancido
September 9, 2019, 7:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 3605[b
]I quoted last week that Huddersfield had reportedly offered a salary of £1.5m per annum as opposed to £140k at Lincoln,[/b] that is pretty life changing especially if it’s a 3 year contract. Given that offer not surprised they have moved on but a little surprised at the destination always thought Ipswich or Norwich would be where they ended up.

Hopefully, the replacement will get things back to normal and my visits to the pub will not be accompanied by constant banter on the mighty Imps.

That is surely a win-win situation for them. I'm sure their contract length will be a minimum of two years but more likely three. If they succeed there then fine but if it goes mammarys up then they will get paid off up until the end of their contract. Having proved themselves in League 2 and showing a promising start in League 1 then if they find themselves looking for a club 2 years down the line I'm sure there will be plenty of offers. Love them or hate them they have proved that they can be successful. Russell " Nearly Man" Slade never had a proper " success in his career but still managed to find a club and probably built up a nice bank balance in the process.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 95
rancido
September 9, 2019, 7:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93
What's Newell up to these days

Propping up a bar somewhere and helping to increase the sales of all these new trendy gins!

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 95
HertsGTFC
September 9, 2019, 8:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,880
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

To be fair n square, for as much as I was sick to the back teeth of Gimps going on about the Cowley's, the brothers grim have done a cracking job at getting Lincoln, as a club, to where they are now, but if they cannot adapt to a completely different level of pressure and expectancy they'll be in the mire and regretting leaving in no time...
As for Adkins, wouldn't be at all surprised to see him in at Lincoln, but wondering if he'd drop to league 1..

Agree but I guess it's about what "the project" (as the popular term) is now at Sincil Bank Lincoln have one thing the Targers owners don't and that's ambition..    

I saw the top 3 with the bookies are Ainsworth, Flynn and Parkinson. Of that 3 I'd suggest Parkinson as the other two are in the fabric of their respective clubs. Who knows and in reality who cares?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 95
moosey_club
September 9, 2019, 8:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,201
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from pizzzza
[url]https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/lincoln-city[/url]

Ainsworth favourite to replace them....
*gulp* Michael Jolley 33-1

Yes, I know these odds mean pretty much f-all at this stage....

the tactics we are playing with this season Jolley would slip right into Lincoln's generally adopted methods.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cowley to 'udders

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.