brigg_mariner
May 28, 2019, 8:22am

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
Does anyone know the opposition and dates of any of our planned Pre Season games?

I haven't seen anything on the OS and im sure that they are announced by now.

*Awaits hilarious replies and numerous red x's  

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Son of Cod
May 28, 2019, 9:14am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Don't think they have been announced yet, but I could be wrong. Grantham's website has got us down as playing them away on July 9th. We've Trinity at home on 21st July in the Lincs Senior Cup. If we beat Trinity then we've got...Grantham at home in the semi on August 4th.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 71
Southwark Mariner
May 28, 2019, 10:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/-201920-pre-season-fixtures-announced/

Cleethorpes Town (A) - Saturday 6th July - 3:00pm kick off

Grantham Town (A) - Tuesday 9th July - 7:30pm kick off

Boston United (A) - Thursday 11th July - 7:30pm kick off

Gainsborough Trinity (A) - Thursday 18th July - 7:30pm kick off

Doncaster Rovers (H) - Saturday 20th July - 12:00pm kick off

Scarborough Athletic (A) - Tuesday 23rd July - 7:30pm kick off

Peterborough United (H) - Saturday 27th July - 3:00pm kick off

Community Open Day - Sunday 28th July - 10:30am start
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 71
Bigdog
May 28, 2019, 10:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
By the looks of that list, whether it's season ticket sales, pre-season friendlies or whatever..

The club is just stuck in a perpetual, "same as we've always done" mode..

What a boring and repetitive list of fixtures. Nothing for fans to get excited about, no big name club, no pre season tour or "god help the logistics" .. something abroad..

We must be the most "old-school" boring football club in the whole EFL..

Same old, same old, season after season, no creative thinking, nothing to get excited about. It's not like they're working from a winning formula when it comes to sparking some interest is it?

Edit

And I've just seen on Twitter.. GTFC and Clee Town getting together to promote the pre-season friendly. Jesus Christ.. is that what we've become?!!! It's enough to make you want to pull your hair out..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 71
marinerdazza
May 28, 2019, 10:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Bigdog
By the looks of that list, whether it's season ticket sales, pre-season friendlies or whatever..

What a boring and repetitive list of fixtures. Nothing for fans to get excited about, no big name club, no pre season tour or "god help the logistics" .. something abroad..

Same old, same old, season after season, no creative thinking, nothing to get excited about. It's not like they're working from a winning formula when it comes to sparking some interest is it?

We could always invite Sheff Utd over. What could go wrong?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 71
Mariner Timsky
May 28, 2019, 10:24am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Lets hope the signings match that exciting list!!  

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 71
Bigdog
May 28, 2019, 10:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

Really not just about the pre-season games though, just one of a massive list of unchanged club rituals. Just sat on their arrses doing the same thing time and time again. It's sleepwalking madness..

Can anyone tell me anything that the club is doing differently with anything since we last fell from grace? It's either complacency, laziness or just a lack of ability. I feel it in my bones that we're going to fall into the abyss again. I don't want to feel this way at all, but I'm worried, really worried..

We've failed for nearly twenty years and I can't see a smidgeon of change throughout all that time.. it's pretty disturbing to be honest.. It's like we're goading the Conference to come and take us for good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 71
marinerdazza
May 28, 2019, 10:55am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Bigdog

Really not just about the pre-season games though, just one of a massive list of unchanged club rituals..

Can anyone tell me anything that the club is doing differently with anything since we last fell from grace? It's either complacency, laziness or just a lack of ability. I feel it in my bones that we're going to fall into the abyss again. I don't want to feel this way at all, but I'm worried, really worried..

We've failed for nearly twenty years and I can't see a smidgeon of change from back then.. it's pretty disturbing to be honest.. It's like we're goading the Conference to come and take us for good.

To be honest, I'm not that arsed about pre-season games. However, I do have concerns which I've aired. I think the transfer window will show us which way the wind is blowing. So, I'm going to reserve judgement until August. Rest assured I will not hold back then if my fears are realised. Put simply, we cannot face this season with the same outlook, a flimsy budget and a hope that there will be two teams worse than us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 71
Bigdog
May 28, 2019, 11:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from marinerdazza

To be honest, I'm not that arsed about pre-season games. However, I do have concerns which I've aired. I think the transfer window will show us which way the wind is blowing. So, I'm going to reserve judgement until August. Rest assured I will not hold back then if my fears are realised. Put simply, we cannot face this season with the same outlook, a flimsy budget and a hope that there will be two teams worse than us.

Fair assessment Dazza.

Funny thing is I'll get hammered as being a doom monger but in reality it's the people propping up the poor status quo are the real negative individuals and do the future of the club a disservice. Always speak my mind positive or negative and always with the best interests of the club at heart and I've got a really bad feeling about this season and I'm never usually too far wrong. Plenty of indicators pointing to a struggle..

Just a bit of inventiveness in the pre-season schedule would have given me a bit of evidence of the senior operatives at GTFC trying to change, but it seems like they're always going to be set in their ways with everything and that can only point one way for the club..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 71
denni266
May 28, 2019, 11:47am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Exciting set of pre season games ..NOT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 71
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pre Season Games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.