Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Could this be it? Freemo latest.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 188 Guests

Could this be it? Freemo latest.

This thread currently has 13,110 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
May 13, 2019, 3:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Ipswin
Sadly I fail to see how bringing in Home Bargains or Poundland as a 'credible anchor tenant' will help our cause

Cheery usual self I see.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/epRpmsv.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 75
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 13, 2019, 3:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
To me, and for what it's worth, this all sounds like a dangled carrot in the face of town fans, and now is the time to get behind the proposal should one come about.

It's all well and good 'artists impressions' getting banded around, but what we want as supporters, is the powers that be to catagorically back it and get the wheels in motion. Until then, a fair number will be very sceptical.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 75
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
May 13, 2019, 3:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
G'won fenty, you can do it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 75
Ipswin
May 13, 2019, 5:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
In the original images in the Telegraph the Ibis hotel ran from Riby Sq corner to Kent St corner,

No, it's Kent Street downwards away from Riby Sq, irrelevant anyway, it's not going to take up the whole street!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 75
Ipswin
May 13, 2019, 5:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Cheery usual self I see.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/epRpmsv.gif[/img]

Come on then bright sodomist. Who is going to be the major Freeman Street tenant that somehow will be enough to get GTFC in a new ground down there. Ibis Hotels won't fit the bill so who is it to be (unless it's GTFC itself of course)

Private Message
Reply: 24 - 75
psgmariner
May 13, 2019, 6:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Return of Mad Harry’s?

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 75
Ipswin
May 13, 2019, 6:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner
Return of Mad Harry’s?

In place of a club shop perhaps?

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 75
Limerick Mariner
May 13, 2019, 7:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 136
If GTFC don't sort this now, it might as well be never...there will be money from Gov - the dosh reserved for dealing with the no-deal brexit that will never happen will be released. It will go to those disadvantaged areas that have got their act together to put together coherent plans - land assembly and planning policy in place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 75
KingstonMariner
May 13, 2019, 8:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Civvy at last
Fcuk me, what a miserable bunch of batsards you are.
I don’t often criticise our fans, or this site. But fans of most other clubs (and I have mates in a lot of places) would be pushing like anything for a new ground.  We don’t need council or NIMBY’s to screw this up. You moaning tw@ts do it for them.
Every single place that gets nominated has a good few on here moaning.  Perhaps if we got off our @rses (ala Luton fans) and really really got behind this, maybe it could actually happen.
Let’s stop wallowing in self pity and actually try and make a difference.
UTM.

I don't think anyone commenting on this thread is against a new ground, or one on Freemo. And Swin and I certainly can't be accused of being NIMBYs on this (clue's in the usernames). Just commenting that this announcement hardly takes us any further forward.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 75
Ipswin
May 13, 2019, 8:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I don't think anyone commenting on this thread is against a new ground, or one on Freemo. And Swin and I certainly can't be accused of being NIMBYs on this (clue's in the usernames). Just commenting that this announcement hardly takes us any further forward.

Exactly Kingston thank you. I would love the new ground to be on Freemo (doubt I'll live to see it tho')

Unfortunately everyone is so absolutely desperate to see progress that this announcement (fuelled no doubt by the Telegraph) has been seized upon, blown out of all proportion and misconstrued.

If there is progress on a major tenant and the vacant lot at the corner of Kent Street is involved then according to the (over the top) plan it's the hotel site not a major step forward on the new ground After all £7.1M will just about build a stand or two

Private Message
Reply: 29 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Could this be it? Freemo latest.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.