Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 13, 2019, 9:55am
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/freeman-street-grimsby-regeneration-investment-2854133?fbclid=IwAR1Q2mccpHk_5w2xCu6YBRcWeNT2dTeT_uPKj_jpkKqaCuFBQJXrvZtMTUE
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 13, 2019, 10:02am; Reply: 1
Get on Board Fenty this is your exit strategy right there.
Posted by: Ipswin, May 13, 2019, 10:33am; Reply: 2
Sadly I fail to see how bringing in Home Bargains or Poundland as a 'credible anchor tenant' will help our cause
Posted by: fleabag1970, May 13, 2019, 10:47am; Reply: 3
I went to  Doncaster Rovers the other day . There is no enabling project involved there . How did they do it ?
Posted by: marinerdazza, May 13, 2019, 11:03am; Reply: 4
Quoted from fleabag1970
I went to  Doncaster Rovers the other day . There is no enabling project involved there . How did they do it ?

Their council paid for it.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 13, 2019, 12:06pm; Reply: 5
It’ll take a lot more investments at that level to fund the ground. Was it £22m quoted for the ground or was that for all the ancillary stuff as well?
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 13, 2019, 12:20pm; Reply: 6
Fcuk me, what a miserable bunch of batsards you are.
I don’t often criticise our fans, or this site. But fans of most other clubs (and I have mates in a lot of places) would be pushing like anything for a new ground.  We don’t need council or NIMBY’s to screw this up. You moaning tw@ts do it for them.
Every single place that gets nominated has a good few on here moaning.  Perhaps if we got off our @rses (ala Luton fans) and really really got behind this, maybe it could actually happen.
Let’s stop wallowing in self pity and actually try and make a difference.
UTM.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 13, 2019, 12:32pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Civvy at last
Fcuk me, what a miserable of batsards you are.
I don’t often criticise our fans, or this site. But fans of most other clubs (and I have mates in a lot of places) would be pushing like anything for a new ground.  We don’t need council or NIMBY’s to screw this up. You moaning tw@ts do it for them.
Every single place that gets nominated has a good few on here moaning.  Perhaps if we got off our @rses (ala Luton fans) and really really got behind this, maybe it could actually happen.
UTM.

POST OF THE CENTURY RIGHT THERE WELL SAID CIVVY

THE TOXIC ELEMENT ON THIS BOARD IS PATHETIC!!!!!!

WELL SAID THAT MAN GET BEHIND GTFC AND MOVE FORWARD TOGETHER.........................UTM.

GLASS HALF FULL.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 13, 2019, 12:44pm; Reply: 8
Fcuk me, what a miserable of batsards you are.
UTM.

Could be something to do with the absolute bollox we have been fed for nearly 25 years.

But like that infamous film last night.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 13, 2019, 12:48pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Ipswin
Sadly I fail to see how bringing in Home Bargains or Poundland as a 'credible anchor tenant' will help our cause

That`s because you lack vision Swin.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 13, 2019, 12:50pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from marinerdazza

Their council paid for it.

Not really. The stadium was run by a stand alone company owned by the council and it has always been called the Keepmoat because of a big sponsorship deal with Keepmoat Housing. Then there was a lot of regeneration cash swilling about there in the ex-mining area from the Labour government in Prescott’s time. The council sold the stadium to the club after about 5 years of making big losses on the running of it. The stadium is part of a big leisure complex as you will have seen and the other facilities like the mini-stadium next door are rented out as and when. Being Doncaster in the middle of South Yorks there is a big catchment for rugby and football teams needing temporary homes and for stuff like concerts.

Civvy’s point is a good one, we have to get behind a new stadium warts and all if we are going to get one at all. But it has to be a stadium to suit GTFC and the locality. Copying York, Scunny, Donny .......it  is just not workable for us.

Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, May 13, 2019, 12:58pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

POST OF THE CENTURY RIGHT THERE WELL SAID CIVVY

THE TOXIC ELEMENT ON THIS BOARD IS PATHETIC!!!!!!

WELL SAID THAT MAN GET BEHIND GTFC AND MOVE FORWARD TOGETHER.........................UTM.

GLASS HALF FULL.

All good and well saying we should all move forward together, but for that to happen you need a vision, objectives and goal congruence throughout the board, staff, team and fans.  Until we have a clear picture of where we are moving forward to how do we move forward together?

Posted by: Ipswin, May 13, 2019, 12:59pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from 1mickylyons

That`s because you lack vision Swin.

I know half of Grimsby is on the bones of it's bottom but the type of commercial premises likely to be attracted to Freeman Street even in it's all new singing and dancing form  is unlikely to be sufficient to fill the role of 'anchor tenant', it would have to be the worlds biggest pound shop, vaping outlet, charity shop or mobile phone shop.

I think when the plan for the Freemo redevelopment, which included a new ground for GTFC, was publicised, the House of Holland corner which is what is quoted today, was seen as a possible site for a hotel. Even this seems unlikely to be sufficient to be termed an 'anchor tenant'

Perhaps the Council see GTFC as filling the role with a new ground and a huge commercial development, now that's 'vision' (it's also a pipe dream)
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 13, 2019, 1:35pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Ipswin

I know half of Grimsby is on the bones of it's bottom but the type of commercial premises likely to be attracted to Freeman Street even in it's all new singing and dancing form  is unlikely to be sufficient to fill the role of 'anchor tenant', it would have to be the worlds biggest pound shop, vaping outlet, charity shop or mobile phone shop.

I think when the plan for the Freemo redevelopment, which included a new ground for GTFC, was publicised, the House of Holland corner which is what is quoted today, was seen as a possible site for a hotel. Even this seems unlikely to be sufficient to be termed an 'anchor tenant'

Perhaps the Council see GTFC as filling the role with a new ground and a huge commercial development, now that's 'vision' (it's also a pipe dream)

I know you don`t live in the Town anymore and your visits are rarer than your praise for anything GTFC do on a football field so....... Not sure when you last visited the area we`re talking about but it`s been flattened . The East Marsh which is a huge % of the population has nil or some very poor leisure/shopping facilities within it`s boundaries. The once upon a time award winning precinct of Freshney Place is 50% boarded up due to high rents and the downturn in retail shopping on the high st BUT and I feel crucial it never did have the eateries and other optiions these places have in other Towns. This is a massive ask to get right for the Council and GTFC but living here in Grimsby I honestly think this could genuinely revamp the entire area and give it a much needed kick up the bottom.The Town needs this we have had nothing of note that`s been positive delivered since the heritage centre and freshney place all those year`s ago. The fans and people of the Town will get behind this massively so lets get on with it. I am beginning to think I won`t see a new ground in my lifetime :'(  
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 13, 2019, 1:39pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Ipswin

It looks amazing on the photo`s do you agree? I also saw something a Town fan put up with the iconic dock tower behind the new ground bloody hell I thought THAT`S what I want for my Club it looked unreal it probably is unreal and I await the news we`re groundsharing with GY Boro
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 13, 2019, 1:45pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

All good and well saying we should all move forward together, but for that to happen you need a vision, objectives and goal congruence throughout the board, staff, team and fans.  Until we have a clear picture of where we are moving forward to how do we move forward together?

The MT are aware and know the strength of feeling for this move and I will be very disappointed personally if when the time is right they don`t call for that feeling to be displayed . On this subject we need everyone stood steadfast behind the Club and if the Council start dithering to give them the gentle shove in the right direction Town average 4k fan`s but the local support probably runs closer to 20-30 k with an interest they hold the key.
Posted by: Ipswin, May 13, 2019, 1:49pm; Reply: 16
I wouldn't argue with anything you have said but I somehow doubt the residents of East Marsh are going to be sufficiently desperate for leisure, shopping and eateries to justify a huge investment in Freemo. It will need to be one which will attract users from all over the town and beyond.

Also if you read the article again the reference to a £7.1M investment and the 'anchor tenant' specifically mentions the House of Holland site on the corner of Kent Street (initially envisaged as a hotel site) which is some way up from the area behind the market envisaged for the new ground. Major tenants for the strip facing Freeman Street from the Kent Street corner down to the market will be key.

I simply fear this announcement may be a bit previous and the (our) reaction to it a bit more in hope than anything else but then I guess we are so desperate to see a new ground that any straw is worth a grasp..
Posted by: mimma, May 13, 2019, 2:05pm; Reply: 17
I'm behind Civvy on this. Luton fans have shown that thousands of letters emails and the like influence the policy makers. They cannot argue with the many thousands of fans that lend their support to the project. On the other hand when we were looking at Peaked Parkway, protesters picked up on the negative comments on this board and used it against it. IF we are to relocate to Freemo fans on this board need to understand the impact of what is put on here can have on any decisions made to relocate.

I am not saying that there shouldn't be a debate or that you can't have a different opinion but some of the crap that appears on here sometimes beggars belief. I am all for proper open and constructive debate. It's the self  centred crap and vile I can't stand.

Get behind it this could be the last chance we have of a new stadium
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, May 13, 2019, 2:35pm; Reply: 18
In the original images in the Telegraph the Ibis hotel ran from Riby Sq corner to Kent St corner,
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 13, 2019, 2:37pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Err is not the giant hotel chain ibis going to build a big hotel there they are big hitter get them on board the new community stadium idea who knows.

Also don't rule out government grants etc,
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 13, 2019, 3:04pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Ipswin

Cheery usual self I see.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/epRpmsv.gif[/img]
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 13, 2019, 3:22pm; Reply: 21
To me, and for what it's worth, this all sounds like a dangled carrot in the face of town fans, and now is the time to get behind the proposal should one come about.

It's all well and good 'artists impressions' getting banded around, but what we want as supporters, is the powers that be to catagorically back it and get the wheels in motion. Until then, a fair number will be very sceptical.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 13, 2019, 3:56pm; Reply: 22
G'won fenty, you can do it!
Posted by: Ipswin, May 13, 2019, 5:05pm; Reply: 23
In the original images in the Telegraph the Ibis hotel ran from Riby Sq corner to Kent St corner,

No, it's Kent Street downwards away from Riby Sq, irrelevant anyway, it's not going to take up the whole street!

Posted by: Ipswin, May 13, 2019, 5:08pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Marinerz93

Cheery usual self I see.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/epRpmsv.gif[/img]

Come on then bright sodomist. Who is going to be the major Freeman Street tenant that somehow will be enough to get GTFC in a new ground down there. Ibis Hotels won't fit the bill so who is it to be (unless it's GTFC itself of course)

Posted by: psgmariner, May 13, 2019, 6:50pm; Reply: 25
Return of Mad Harry’s?
Posted by: Ipswin, May 13, 2019, 6:51pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from psgmariner
Return of Mad Harry’s?

In place of a club shop perhaps?

Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 13, 2019, 7:39pm; Reply: 27
If GTFC don't sort this now, it might as well be never...there will be money from Gov - the dosh reserved for dealing with the no-deal brexit that will never happen will be released. It will go to those disadvantaged areas that have got their act together to put together coherent plans - land assembly and planning policy in place.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 13, 2019, 8:21pm; Reply: 28
UTM.

I don't think anyone commenting on this thread is against a new ground, or one on Freemo. And Swin and I certainly can't be accused of being NIMBYs on this (clue's in the usernames). Just commenting that this announcement hardly takes us any further forward.
Posted by: Ipswin, May 13, 2019, 8:28pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I don't think anyone commenting on this thread is against a new ground, or one on Freemo. And Swin and I certainly can't be accused of being NIMBYs on this (clue's in the usernames). Just commenting that this announcement hardly takes us any further forward.

Exactly Kingston thank you. I would love the new ground to be on Freemo (doubt I'll live to see it tho')

Unfortunately everyone is so absolutely desperate to see progress that this announcement (fuelled no doubt by the Telegraph) has been seized upon, blown out of all proportion and misconstrued.

If there is progress on a major tenant and the vacant lot at the corner of Kent Street is involved then according to the (over the top) plan it's the hotel site not a major step forward on the new ground After all £7.1M will just about build a stand or two

Posted by: Stadium, May 13, 2019, 8:33pm; Reply: 30
UTM.

This exactly.
The new stadium should be number one priority.
The best chance ever I would have thought to actually move into a new stadium.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 13, 2019, 8:53pm; Reply: 31
(ymca)(indian)
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, May 13, 2019, 8:55pm; Reply: 32
No it deffo Cleethorpe rd.  I recognise the caxton theatre down the road

Other images have lorries at the lights.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 13, 2019, 8:55pm; Reply: 33

I’m not accusing you or Swin of being NIMBYs. But I do think you fall into the first category.  Why such negativity ?  We slate JF for not attempting to move forward. I think most of us will only believe it’s going ahead when the foundations actually start to get laid.  But I’m bugggered if I’m going to pooh pooh every idea that comes along. So yes, I’ll try and  be positive, I’ll get behind  new ideas and yes, I would love to see the Town I still live in undergo regeneration and improvement.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 13, 2019, 9:22pm; Reply: 34
Dont forget...whichever side of the debate you sit on....this is the Freemans tenant for their redevelopment of the block that is currently being demolished.
They are currently standing alone and moving ahead with their own plan for their land in that neighbourhood.

GTFC, LHP (former Shoreline/council land owners) and the Great Gy Project dock thing arent involved in this as far as i am aware.

IMO all parties should be around the table looking at one overall linked vision .....if JF is now the portfolio holder for regen he needs to get that moving as quick and as far as he actually can with his conflict restrictions.

Posted by: Poojah, May 13, 2019, 9:25pm; Reply: 35
It’ll take a lot more investments at that level to fund the ground. Was it £22m quoted for the ground or was that for all the ancillary stuff as well?

I may be wrong but I don't think £22m gets you much in the way of a football ground these days. From memory, the original Conoco Stadium plans were due to cost £12m for phase 1, which would have delivered a 14,000 seater stadium. Phase 2, which included adding additional seats into already enclosed corners and towards the back of the 'main' stand would have taken the capacity to a fraction over 20,000 at a total cost of £18m. Given those plans are roughly 20 years old, £22m doesn't seem sufficient in 2019 money to deliver a circa 15,000 capacity stadium.

If you compare with recent / current builds of a similar-ish scale:

Saint Helens Rugby (opened 2010) - 18,000 capacity (15,000 seats) £25m
Rotherham United (opened 2012) - 12,000 capacity - £20m
Brentford (set to open 2020) - 17,000 capacity - £70m
Aberdeen (proposed) - 20,000 capacity - £50m

Scunny's failed stadium proposals over at the Lincolnshire Lakes were pegged in for around £25m for a 12k capacity, and that's going back a few years. I reckon for a decent 15,000 stadium ready to open in, let's say 2022 (which is probably more than a tad ambitious), you're not going to see much if any change out of £30m, and that's a lot of money to find.

You probably could do it for less, but then you run the risk of ending up with something like York are about to move into. A cheap, dreary, generic lego stadium:

https://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/news/gallery-community-stadium-latest

It's obviously imperative for the club's long-term future that we move, but when you break the costs down you can see how it might not be that easy to deliver in practice.  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 13, 2019, 9:53pm; Reply: 36

I’m not accusing you or Swin of being NIMBYs. But I do think you fall into the first category.  Why such negativity ?  We slate JF for not attempting to move forward. I think most of us will only believe it’s going ahead when the foundations actually start to get laid.  But I’m bugggered if I’m going to pooh pooh every idea that comes along. So yes, I’ll try and  be positive, I’ll get behind  new ideas and yes, I would love to see the Town I still live in undergo regeneration and improvement.

It's not negativity. It's just being grounded. I'm not pooh poohing the idea (though you're wise not to pooh pooh a pooh pooh). Just pointing out a £7.1m investment in a shop isn't going to contribute much to a £20m stadium build, so I'm not going to get excited about it as part of an enabling development. And no one has said how this is actually going to help the new stadium - there's no link made to a share of this money going towards funding it. And if there was how much of that £7m is profit that is going to be shared with the 'stadium fund'? Bricks and mortar retail isn't exactly doing well at the moment.

Nothing would please me more than seeing a run down part of the town being regenerated. If the government turned around and said, right we're going to put your income tax up and all the extra is going to be invested in regenerating Grimsby, I'd say take it with my thanks. But whether I post positive or negative comments about a potential new shop opening isn't going to make or break it. As things stand, a new retail outlet in one part of town isn't even going to help very much beyond the jobs created for the duration of the build (every little helps).
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 13, 2019, 9:55pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Poojah

I may be wrong but I don't think £22m gets you much in the way of a football ground these days. From memory, the original Conoco Stadium plans were due to cost £12m for phase 1, which would have delivered a 14,000 seater stadium. Phase 2, which included adding additional seats into already enclosed corners and towards the back of the 'main' stand would have taken the capacity to a fraction over 20,000 at a total cost of £18m. Given those plans are roughly 20 years old, £22m doesn't seem sufficient in 2019 money to deliver a circa 15,000 capacity stadium.

If you compare with recent / current builds of a similar-ish scale:

Saint Helens Rugby (opened 2010) - 18,000 capacity (15,000 seats) £25m
Rotherham United (opened 2012) - 12,000 capacity - £20m
Brentford (set to open 2020) - 17,000 capacity - £70m
Aberdeen (proposed) - 20,000 capacity - £50m

Scunny's failed stadium proposals over at the Lincolnshire Lakes were pegged in for around £25m for a 12k capacity, and that's going back a few years. I reckon for a decent 15,000 stadium ready to open in, let's say 2022 (which is probably more than a tad ambitious), you're not going to see much if any change out of £30m, and that's a lot of money to find.

You probably could do it for less, but then you run the risk of ending up with something like York are about to move into. A cheap, dreary, generic lego stadium:

https://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/news/gallery-community-stadium-latest

It's obviously imperative for the club's long-term future that we move, but when you break the costs down you can see how it might not be that easy to deliver in practice.  

All of that just underlines my point.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, May 13, 2019, 11:04pm; Reply: 38
Just another new ground thread to pad out the last quarter of a century, soon be 2045 and cutting the ribbon.
Posted by: The Boys Paddock, May 14, 2019, 12:43am; Reply: 39
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Get on Board Fenty this is your exit strategy right there.

well when its a generic structure that has no atmosphere and no redeeming features, and you cant tell the home end from the away end.....it will be interesting to see who you will blame then.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 14, 2019, 6:48am; Reply: 40
Ok I will chuck in a rumour with no evidence whatsoever I think the anchor tenant if this proposal goes ahead will be IKEA . Now IF that`s correct it`s a proper game changer for this whole area and it will bring in no end of shoppers from allover Lincolnshire . Of course this is only me having a guess so probably wrong ;)
Posted by: denni266, May 14, 2019, 7:09am; Reply: 41
I am deffo in the camp that Freemo would tick most box`s. the two main things going against it are. 1- no money to pay for it. and 2- its been said many times that there is not enough land for it.. so before it goes any further these two need clarifying
Posted by: toontown, May 14, 2019, 7:46am; Reply: 42
Quoted from denni266
I am deffo in the camp that Freemo would tick most box`s. the two main things going against it are. 1- no money to pay for it. and 2- its been said many times that there is not enough land for it.. so before it goes any further these two need clarifying

I thought it had been shown there was enough land for it, jusy not enough land for the 3g training pitches, but they can be elsewhere i guess or just not part of the build (would save a little bit of cost)
Posted by: denni266, May 14, 2019, 9:21am; Reply: 43
Quoted from toontown

I thought it had been shown there was enough land for it, jusy not enough land for the 3g training pitches, but they can be elsewhere i guess or just not part of the build (would save a little bit of cost)

I think you are right about the 3g pitches, but would be better if everything was in one place. Also i thought the overall plan was to have other things going on there to bring in extra cash so the club was not relying on match day crowds to pay for everything, so there was more to invest in the team
Posted by: rancido, May 14, 2019, 1:08pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from moosey_club
Dont forget...whichever side of the debate you sit on....this is the Freemans tenant for their redevelopment of the block that is currently being demolished.
They are currently standing alone and moving ahead with their own plan for their land in that neighbourhood.

GTFC, LHP (former Shoreline/council land owners) and the Great Gy Project dock thing arent involved in this as far as i am aware.

IMO all parties should be around the table looking at one overall linked vision .....if JF is now the portfolio holder for regen he needs to get that moving as quick and as far as he actually can with his conflict restrictions.

Well that's put the Council out of the loop for a start. I can't think of a single linked vision from any Grimsby based council for the 50 years I've been interested in local politics.
Posted by: Irv93, May 14, 2019, 2:54pm; Reply: 45
Does anyone think Phillips 66 (formerly Conoco) would be up for donating some of the funds required?
Posted by: mike_d, May 14, 2019, 10:49pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Ok I will chuck in a rumour with no evidence whatsoever I think the anchor tenant if this proposal goes ahead will be IKEA . Now IF that`s correct it`s a proper game changer for this whole area and it will bring in no end of shoppers from allover Lincolnshire . Of course this is only me having a guess so probably wrong ;)

Does that pave the way for a flat pack stadium? What could it be called?
Posted by: crusty ole pie, May 14, 2019, 11:06pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Ikea does not move into a area with less than 1 million in its catchment area fact
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 14, 2019, 11:34pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Irv93
Does anyone think Phillips 66 (formerly Conoco) would be up for donating some of the funds required?

Might chuck a small amount for naming rights.

Other possibles (companies who made money in GY): ABP, Dong (or whatever it's called now), Youngs, Findus

Oh and how about the Sacha Baron Cohen Stand  ;)
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 15, 2019, 6:42am; Reply: 49
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Ikea does not move into a area with less than 1 million in its catchment area fact

Is Grimsby in the catchment area of the Leeds store then cos plenty of people go to it including my Mrs :'(?  I will stick Ull on the catchment area Ive got my million now thanks.
Posted by: Maringer, May 15, 2019, 2:58pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Irv93

They already gave us the caps. What more do you want?!?
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 15, 2019, 4:54pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Maringer

They already gave us the caps. What more do you want?!?

A  scarf     ;D
Posted by: Bigdog, May 15, 2019, 4:58pm; Reply: 52
Could someone pleeeeease change the thread title to freemo..
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 15, 2019, 5:29pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from mike_d

We could have a flat pack 5 to play at our flat pack stadium. Tickets could also come with instructions on how to build your seat.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 15, 2019, 5:56pm; Reply: 54
If IKEA, will we be contracted to shop permanently in the Bargain Basement for new players?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 15, 2019, 6:50pm; Reply: 55
Who suggested Ikea?!?!?.

Ikea only open stores where there are at least 2 million people living within an approximate 50 miles radius of the location.
Posted by: Meza, May 15, 2019, 6:56pm; Reply: 56
What about a TGI Fridays ?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 15, 2019, 10:46pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Meza
What about a TGI Fridays ?

Not sure that's one of Ikea's criteria. They have their own catering facilities don't they.
Posted by: Grantley, May 16, 2019, 2:39am; Reply: 58
Öhman and Ring will feel right at home.
Posted by: Biccys, May 16, 2019, 3:43pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Bigdog
Could someone pleeeeease change the thread title to freemo..

Done, just for you!
Posted by: Grimal, May 16, 2019, 5:57pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from mike_d

Almhult Stadion  ;)

Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 16, 2019, 6:02pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Grimal

Almhult Stadion  ;)

If my Mrs built it like she did the wardrobes it'd be the "leaning, half built, stade de Grimsby"...🤔🤔
Posted by: Meza, May 16, 2019, 6:17pm; Reply: 62

Like this
[img]https://i.imgur.com/uGIEkRN.jpg[/img]
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 20, 2019, 8:26am; Reply: 63

There's an article in today's Telegraph where a resident living on Thesiger Walk has raised concerns over the Grimsby Town stadium vision for the area - because there is no sign of his house anywhere on the drawings.

From what the plans for the stadium show, our street will become a car park or a training ground
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 20, 2019, 11:11am; Reply: 64
Quoted from promotion plaice

There's an article in today's Telegraph where a resident living on Thesiger Walk has raised concerns over the Grimsby Town stadium vision for the area - because there is no sign of his house anywhere on the drawings.

From what the plans for the stadium show, our street will become a car park or a training ground

That's the least of his worries. Invite him to a game and see how he feels then
Posted by: Kris2, May 20, 2019, 2:51pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

That's the least of his worries. Invite him to a game and see how he feels then

Sure,somebody has their home torn down for the club and you're all fine with that but they take some old floodlights down and you lose your minds.  ;D
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 20, 2019, 3:10pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from Kris2

Sure,somebody has their home torn down for the club and you're all fine with that but they take some old floodlights down and you lose your minds.  ;D

Thought you’d be glad to see houses torn down Kris. After all, according to you it’s a sh1thole anyway.
Could be worse though, could be in Scunthorpe. Now that is a place full of w@nkers and trolls.

Wouldn’t you agree ?? 😉
Posted by: Ipswin, May 23, 2019, 9:03am; Reply: 67

Thought you’d be glad to see houses torn down Kris. After all, according to you it’s a sh1thole anyway.

And it will remain a shithole even if the new ground is built.

Artists impressions are all very well, nice tree lined walks, benches with nice couples sharing a picnic lunch in the sunshine, flags proudly flying, wide clean pavements, hotels, restaurants etc etc

In reality it would soon be a shitty area with branches torn from the young trees before they even mature, the benches occupied by East Marsh dossers out of their heads on spice or some other such noxious substance, the walkways littered with KFC, kebab and or MacDonalds wrappers, burger vans on matchdays competing with the over priced outlets inside the ground and a no go zone after dark.

The perfect place most definitely with the iconic Dock Tower in the distance but sadly those fantastic images my well be just that, fantasy
Posted by: psgmariner, May 23, 2019, 10:19am; Reply: 68
This sort of thinking is part of the problem Swin.

Look at the calls in Leeds or Liverpool docks. Previous excrement holes transformed by money and vision. Places evolve, some get worse and some get better. The money for Freemo and Grimsby has been secured and I’m confident massive improvements are coming.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 23, 2019, 10:23am; Reply: 69
Quoted from psgmariner

Look at the calls in Leeds or Liverpool docks. Previous excrement holes transformed by money and vision. Places evolve, some get worse and some get better. The money for Freemo and Grimsby has been secured and I’m confident massive improvements are coming.

You only need to look at Cardiff Bay/Harbour for inspiration..
Absolutely run down, had a problem with rough sleepers, drug users prostitution until ABP and the local council got together to form a plan to completely regenerate the area...some very close similarities between what happened there to what should happen here .
Posted by: MarinerMart, May 23, 2019, 10:30am; Reply: 70

If that is true then the company i work for down strand street will have to make me redundant! lol
Posted by: Ipswin, May 23, 2019, 11:13am; Reply: 71
Quoted from psgmariner

Redeveloping disused docklands is a totally different proposition. We are not just talking Freemo here, it's the rabbit warren of terraced residential streets that will be on one side of the ground development and the residents thereof.

If they demolish the whole of East Marsh up to Park Street I might agree with you

Seriously even you don't really think it's going to be like the artist's impression do you? Surely not (for the first month or so maybe)
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 23, 2019, 11:14am; Reply: 72
Quoted from Ipswin

And it will remain a shithole even if the new ground is built.

Artists impressions are all very well, nice tree lined walks, benches with nice couples sharing a picnic lunch in the sunshine, flags proudly flying, wide clean pavements, hotels, restaurants etc etc

In reality it would soon be a shitty area with branches torn from the young trees before they even mature, the benches occupied by East Marsh dossers out of their heads on spice or some other such noxious substance, the walkways littered with KFC, kebab and or MacDonalds wrappers, burger vans on matchdays competing with the over priced outlets inside the ground and a no go zone after dark.

The perfect place most definitely with the iconic Dock Tower in the distance but sadly those fantastic images my well be just that, fantasy

With an attitude like that I’m glad you’ve fuked off. I guess you have been lucky enough to have a decent start in life.  The low life p1ss me off as much as anyone else. But at least now something is being done to try and sort it.  I personally doubt if the ground will be there unless we get a new owner. But I’ll try and be positive that things will eventually be ok. Both football and regeneration wise.  I could always fcuk off and snipe from afar. But that’s not my style thankfully 😅  
Posted by: Ipswin, May 23, 2019, 11:15am; Reply: 73
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

You only need to look at Cardiff Bay/Harbour for inspiration..
Absolutely run down, had a problem with rough sleepers, drug users prostitution until ABP and the local council got together to form a plan to completely regenerate the area...some very close similarities between what happened there to what should happen here .

If Freeman Street comes anywhere near Cardiff Bay I'll be amazed

Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 23, 2019, 11:27am; Reply: 74
Quoted from Ipswin

If Freeman Street comes anywhere near Cardiff Bay I'll be amazed

Believe me so would I, but, for what is the most deprived constituency in the country it does need raising the ground and what better idea to start the regeneration is a new, state of the art community stadium...alongside affordable housing, leisure facilities and open areas..
Posted by: Ipswin, May 23, 2019, 11:30am; Reply: 75

.  I could always fcuk off and snipe from afar. But that’s not my style thankfully 😅  

Shame

Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 11:25am