Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Could this be it? Freemo latest.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 188 Guests

Could this be it? Freemo latest.

This thread currently has 13,090 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
May 14, 2019, 6:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Ok I will chuck in a rumour with no evidence whatsoever I think the anchor tenant if this proposal goes ahead will be IKEA . Now IF that`s correct it`s a proper game changer for this whole area and it will bring in no end of shoppers from allover Lincolnshire . Of course this is only me having a guess so probably wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 75
denni266
May 14, 2019, 7:09am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
I am deffo in the camp that Freemo would tick most box`s. the two main things going against it are. 1- no money to pay for it. and 2- its been said many times that there is not enough land for it.. so before it goes any further these two need clarifying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 75
toontown
May 14, 2019, 7:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from denni266
I am deffo in the camp that Freemo would tick most box`s. the two main things going against it are. 1- no money to pay for it. and 2- its been said many times that there is not enough land for it.. so before it goes any further these two need clarifying

I thought it had been shown there was enough land for it, jusy not enough land for the 3g training pitches, but they can be elsewhere i guess or just not part of the build (would save a little bit of cost)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 75
denni266
May 14, 2019, 9:21am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from toontown

I thought it had been shown there was enough land for it, jusy not enough land for the 3g training pitches, but they can be elsewhere i guess or just not part of the build (would save a little bit of cost)

I think you are right about the 3g pitches, but would be better if everything was in one place. Also i thought the overall plan was to have other things going on there to bring in extra cash so the club was not relying on match day crowds to pay for everything, so there was more to invest in the team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 75
rancido
May 14, 2019, 1:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from moosey_club
Dont forget...whichever side of the debate you sit on....this is the Freemans tenant for their redevelopment of the block that is currently being demolished.
They are currently standing alone and moving ahead with their own plan for their land in that neighbourhood.

GTFC, LHP (former Shoreline/council land owners) and the Great Gy Project dock thing arent involved in this as far as i am aware.

IMO all parties should be around the table looking at one overall linked vision .....if JF is now the portfolio holder for regen he needs to get that moving as quick and as far as he actually can with his conflict restrictions.

Well that's put the Council out of the loop for a start. I can't think of a single linked vision from any Grimsby based council for the 50 years I've been interested in local politics.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 75
Irv93
May 14, 2019, 2:54pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +14
Does anyone think Phillips 66 (formerly Conoco) would be up for donating some of the funds required?

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 75
mike_d
May 14, 2019, 10:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +383
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Ok I will chuck in a rumour with no evidence whatsoever I think the anchor tenant if this proposal goes ahead will be IKEA . Now IF that`s correct it`s a proper game changer for this whole area and it will bring in no end of shoppers from allover Lincolnshire . Of course this is only me having a guess so probably wrong

Does that pave the way for a flat pack stadium? What could it be called?

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 75
crusty ole pie
May 14, 2019, 11:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Ikea does not move into a area with less than 1 million in its catchment area fact
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 75
KingstonMariner
May 14, 2019, 11:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Irv93
Does anyone think Phillips 66 (formerly Conoco) would be up for donating some of the funds required?

Might chuck a small amount for naming rights.

Other possibles (companies who made money in GY): ABP, Dong (or whatever it's called now), Youngs, Findus

Oh and how about the Sacha Baron Cohen Stand  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 75
1mickylyons
May 15, 2019, 6:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Ikea does not move into a area with less than 1 million in its catchment area fact

Is Grimsby in the catchment area of the Leeds store then cos plenty of people go to it including my Mrs ?  I will stick Ull on the catchment area Ive got my million now thanks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Could this be it? Freemo latest.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.