This thread currently has 25,379 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Jackie Lewis
May 10, 2019, 10:40am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +75
Could be another Brian Laws situation. We train ‘em up and they get the best of out them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 145
diehardmariner
May 10, 2019, 10:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,612
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from 1mickylyons

That`s something to look forward to PH cupping his ears to the Grimsby crowd again and a proper Derby atmosphere!!!!!

I think he will get an even more hostile reception than Sir Alan Buckley got with WBA all those year`s ago and this time around not sure he won`t deserve the earache? I just hope Jolley keeps his nerve and utilises the hostile crowd to our team`s advantage a right fast start required whilst PH worries about keeping us shape and such . UTM

Be a bit odd really.

Hurst, whilst splitting the fan base during his time here, didn't really leave under a cloud.  A lot of people, myself included, felt it was the right time for him to go and that we needed someone else in to freshen things up/take us onto the next level.

He never returned here to raid the dressing room and as more and more things have emerged since his departure, it feels like he was more than justified in wanting to go elsewhere because of the constraints placed on him from the boardroom - despite his desire to move us up to the next level in terms of infrastructure.

Buckley on the other hand wasted little time in coming back to Blundell Park to take half the team with him, which annoyed a lot of people.  I seem to think he made some quite disparaging remarks about the club and also developed a bit of a rivalry with Brian Laws too.  

Not sure how I would react to Hurst coming back here to be honest, it'll add an extra bit of spice I guess but it's hardly a grudge return is it?  If people genuinely got upset about the ear-cupping thing and are still holding onto it, they might want to let go at some point...
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 145
louth_in_the_south
May 10, 2019, 10:46am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,685
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Teams that come down SHOULD be amongst the favourites to go back up and Scunny will have a decent budget.Ex Grimsby Manager though and a slow start their fan`s will be on him like a pack of wolves they make Town fan`s seem like a patient bunch when you hear them bleating on Hullberside.

What all 2500 of them ?!!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 145
OllieGTFC
May 10, 2019, 10:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
That’s us not winning scunny next season

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 145
marinerdazza
May 10, 2019, 11:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,856
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from OllieGTFC
That’s us not winning scunny next season

No, it'll be 1-1 like 60% of their games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 145
rancido
May 10, 2019, 11:02am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from AdamHaddock
I hate to say it but that's a top seven finish in the bag for scunny

If his time here is anything to go by, he will do well until Jan/Feb and then start to tail off.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 145
nightrider
May 10, 2019, 11:12am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
0-0

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 145
1mickylyons
May 10, 2019, 11:18am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from diehardmariner

Be a bit odd really.

Hurst, whilst splitting the fan base during his time here, didn't really leave under a cloud.  A lot of people, myself included, felt it was the right time for him to go and that we needed someone else in to freshen things up/take us onto the next level.

He never returned here to raid the dressing room and as more and more things have emerged since his departure, it feels like he was more than justified in wanting to go elsewhere because of the constraints placed on him from the boardroom - despite his desire to move us up to the next level in terms of infrastructure.

Buckley on the other hand wasted little time in coming back to Blundell Park to take half the team with him, which annoyed a lot of people.  I seem to think he made some quite disparaging remarks about the club and also developed a bit of a rivalry with Brian Laws too.  

Not sure how I would react to Hurst coming back here to be honest, it'll add an extra bit of spice I guess but it's hardly a grudge return is it?  If people genuinely got upset about the ear-cupping thing and are still holding onto it, they might want to let go at some point...

You make some valid points but PH was never ever universally popular with the GTFC fanbase even when things were going well , Shrewsbury at one time had Henderson,Toto,Nolan,Lewis and another attacker who`s name escapes me in the starting eleven plus Danny Coyne at the Club along with Hurst and Sniffer Doig
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 145
Maringer
May 10, 2019, 11:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Rodman did well for the Shrews (and for us, for that matter).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 145
diehardmariner
May 10, 2019, 11:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,612
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from 1mickylyons

You make some valid points but PH was never ever universally popular with the GTFC fanbase even when things were going well , Shrewsbury at one time had Henderson,Toto,Nolan,Lewis and another attacker who`s name escapes me in the starting eleven plus Danny Coyne at the Club along with Hurst and Sniffer Doig

No he wasn't, he definitely was the Marmite man here.  As said, I thought it was the right time for him to go.

But all of those players you mentioned, he never poached from us.

Henderson had already gone back to Manchester United, after Bignot quite literally pushed him under a moving bus according to Aaron.
Toto had gone to Hartlepool.
Nolan to Chesterfield
LJL - Newport?

Danny Coyne had no association with GTFC when Hurst was here and was already at Shrewsbury for 3 years before Hurst arrived.

Don't get me wrong, there will be a bit of needle there and if nothing else it'll add a real fiery element to what should be a decent atmosphere anyway.  But I can't imagine how it would be anything like the Buckley return.  That was really intense, it was personal because he had come back to the club and taken so many of our players.  
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 145
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.