Private Message
Davec
May 5, 2019, 1:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
So does that mean Hall-Johnson, Davis, Whitmore and Russell are staying/offered new contracts or does it mean Jolley is maybe waiting to see if there are better out there before deciding?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 76
Hagrid
May 5, 2019, 1:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
Quite liked wooly, goes with my best wishes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 76
tarka
May 5, 2019, 2:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Gold Stars: 29
I would assume they have been offered terms. The interesting bit is the loanees who will be returning or have I read it wrong?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 76
marinerdazza
May 5, 2019, 2:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,856
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from tarka
I would assume they have been offered terms. The interesting bit is the loanees who will be returning or have I read it wrong?

I read it as returning to their clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 76
tarka
May 5, 2019, 2:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Gold Stars: 29
I read it wrong then! lol
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 5 - 76
forza ivano
May 5, 2019, 2:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Good. Woolford Thomas and Collins must all be amongst the top 5 of 6 earners at the club ,whilst hooper won't have been on peanuts and apart from Thomas have contributed v.little this season. frees up a large amount of ££££ for jolle Y to hopefully bring in younger and better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 76
MuddyWaters
May 5, 2019, 2:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Best wishes to Woolly and DC, thanks for the goals Wes and JJ
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 76
OllieGTFC
May 5, 2019, 3:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Makes a change all releasing 4 players usually it’s a whole team near enough, we have a good core of players to build on

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 76
Theimperialcoroner
May 5, 2019, 3:22pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,208
Gold Stars: 102
How many of the other out of contract players do we have options to extend on?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 76
Marinerz93
May 5, 2019, 3:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Released

Danny Collins ----- Best of luck Danny, I feel it is the right decision though, we need a younger more mobile CB

Wes Thomas ----- Best of luck Wes, Should be staying, need to spend in bring in equivalent or better

Martyn Woolford ----- Best of luck Martyn, I feel it is the right decision though

JJ Hooper ----- Best of luck JJ, I feel it is the right decision though.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 76
MarinersOnTheUp
May 5, 2019, 3:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Quoted from Marinerz93

Wes Thomas ----- Best of luck Wes, Should be staying, need to spend in bring in equivalent or better

No, he shouldn't. He's scored some decent goals but only ever put any effort in when he could be bothered. Not only that but for me he has a poor attitude and too big of an ego. Summed up by his post on Instagram this morning, laughing and singing at being released with the caption 'no more 3 hour drives'. I don't know about anyone else but after we gave him a contract when nobody else would, I think he should've shown the club a lot more respect.

I'm glad I see the back of all four of them but wish Collins, Woolford and Hooper all the best for he future. Wes Thomas however can get lost.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 76
MuddyWaters
May 5, 2019, 4:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp

No, he shouldn't. He's scored some decent goals but only ever put any effort in when he could be bothered. My only that but for me he has a poor attitude and too big of an ego. Summed up by his post on Instagram this laughing, laughing and singing at being released with the caption 'no more 3 hour drives'. I don't know about anyone else but after we gave him a contract when nobody else would, I think he should've shown the club a lot more respect.

I'm glad I see the back of all four of them but wish Collins, Woolford and Hooper all the best for he future. Wes Thomas however can get lost.

Absolutely this. The sort of ego mercenary we don’t need.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 76
Marinerz93
May 5, 2019, 4:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292

No, he shouldn't. He's scored some decent goals but only ever put any effort in when he could be bothered. My only that but for me he has a poor attitude and too big of an ego. Summed up by his post on Instagram this laughing, laughing and singing at being released with the caption 'no more 3 hour drives'. I don't know about anyone else but after we gave him a contract when nobody else would, I think he should've shown the club a lot more respect.

A failing of the club not to have gotten him to move to the area, I often have to go to Dudley for meetings / courses and it is a horrible 3 hour drive each way and you have to avoid morning and late afternoon driving as it's a nightmare.

If he indeed did say that then he'll hopefully get what he deserves.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 76
forza ivano
May 5, 2019, 4:18pm

Exile
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Absolutely this. The sort of ego mercenary we don’t need.

This sort of ego mercenary who scored 11 goals, a quarter of our total. What would we have done withouthim? A short term fix maybe but necessary and one that worked out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 76
AdamHaddock
May 5, 2019, 4:24pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
If commuting was the problem then I'd imagine he'll be playing against us for Walsall or Cheltenham, maybe Vale. I definitely felt he became more isolated with the change of formation in January. An ageing centre forward expected to chase long balls in a team with no width and non existent service

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 76
Northbank Mariner
May 5, 2019, 4:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Hope nobody touches Thomas with a barge pole and he ends up on the football scrapheap...We have him a chance when no one else would then he chucks it back in our face in this manner!!...leaves a very sour taste in my mouth...
As for Collins, I said before he stayed on one season too long for me and got caught out too many times this year but that said, he leaves with warm wishes and he excels in whatever the future holds for him..
Woolie, big thanks for 2 seasons of hard work and hope he gets something sorted and his still has something to offer but I think it'll have to be in non league now.
Hopper, but like my school "must try harder"..again he'll get something sorted but no doubt it'll be non league which is really about his level .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 76
forza ivano
May 5, 2019, 4:49pm

Exile
One v. Important fact that hasn't been mentioned is that welsh, woolford, thomas and Collins were amongst the top earners.along with Hooper i,d estimate that jolley has freed up nearly £700,000 which I think represents about a third of the budget. That's quite a lot of money to play with especially when you consider that apart from Thomas none of them have been vital to the team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 76
Northbank Mariner
May 5, 2019, 5:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
One v. Important fact that hasn't been mentioned is that welsh, woolford, thomas and Collins were amongst the top earners.along with Hooper i,d estimate that jolley has freed up nearly £700,000 which I think represents about a third of the budget. That's quite a lot of money to play with especially when you consider that apart from Thomas none of them have been vital to the team

Think £700,000 is a bit off the mark Forza, at £2k a week average over egging I reckon at that) that's only approximately £500k...even with overheads I doubt the total saving will exceed £525k..still a good lump that could be spent on a very competent front man and a creative midfielder..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 76
rancido
May 5, 2019, 5:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from forza ivano

This sort of ego mercenary who scored 11 goals, a quarter of our total. What would we have done withouthim? A short term fix maybe but necessary and one that worked out

That's assuming we would have either played with 10 men or whoever was playing that role would have performed worse. With a different striker then maybe they would have scored more - we will never know. As for the commute , he knew that when he signed a 1 year deal.. I was once offered a post in Hull but felt that the financial package offered wouldn't compensate for the commute and financial costs of travelling. When it comes down to it we all have to weigh up the pro's and con's of working away from home.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 76
MuddyWaters
May 5, 2019, 5:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

He scored 11 and possibly could have scored more (missed two pens) had he worked harder. Today’s Instagram post just showed a complete lack of class and respect.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 76
May 5, 2019, 5:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano

Welsh, Dennis and Macca were top earners this season. Welsh was on 1.8k , Dennis was on less, but more than macca who was upset when Dennis came in on higher pay.
£700,000 is way above the mark of what he has freed up I'm sorry to say...
Reply: 21 - 76
Welwynmariner
May 5, 2019, 5:51pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337

No, he shouldn't. He's scored some decent goals but only ever put any effort in when he could be bothered. Not only that but for me he has a poor attitude and too big of an ego. Summed up by his post on Instagram this morning, laughing and singing at being released with the caption 'no more 3 hour drives'. I don't know about anyone else but after we gave him a contract when nobody else would, I think he should've shown the club a lot more respect.

Someone might remind him that he didn't have to sign for us in the first place. Presumably we were the best offer he had. Given that it was his choice to join it's not unreasonable to expect him to give 110% and if three hour drives were such a problem then he could have rented somewhere in the town?

Says a lot about him imho
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 76
forza ivano
May 5, 2019, 6:04pm

Exile
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Think £700,000 is a bit off the mark Forza, at £2k a week average over egging I reckon at that) that's only approximately £500k...even with overheads I doubt the total saving will exceed £525k..still a good lump that could be spent on a very competent front man and a creative midfielder..

I've factored in employers costs , think headline would be 500,000 but add employers n.i. pension holiday pay and bonuses and I reckon I'm not far off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 76
Northbank Mariner
May 5, 2019, 6:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

I've factored in employers costs , think headline would be 500,000 but add employers n.i. pension holiday pay and bonuses and I reckon I'm not far off

I think you'll find Forza most football players are on a self employed basis, which I am myself, therefore removing employers liability on NI, holidays, tax etc...the length of contract given is just a reassurance that a player will get an income for the length of said contract...therefore your figure of £700k is definitely out..wish it was 700k.. Christ that would get us better quality rather the normal poundstretcher specials we normally end up with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 76
hheh2
May 5, 2019, 6:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Frees up the team for new/better additions. Jollies economic skills put to good use there I reckon. Can see Tomas playing in league two next season for another team unfortunately, hope he doesn't now though! Bet some non league teams will be in for Wools and Colins.

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 76
FishOutOfWater
May 5, 2019, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from hheh2
Frees up the team for new/better additions. Jollies economic skills put to good use there I reckon. Can see Tomas playing in league two next season for another team unfortunately, hope he doesn't now though! Bet some non league teams will be in for Wools and Colins.

I'd let Thomas go to Walsall and then we could get Andy Cook back in  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 76
chipsandgravy
May 5, 2019, 6:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,609
I am very grateful for his goal contribution and would like to wish him safe passage when he continues his annual "journey" round the lower echelons of the football league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 76
Grantham_Mariner
May 5, 2019, 7:08pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Very strange to be able to field a team for next season with the players we have under contract two days after the end of the season.
McKeown
Hendrie, Pollock, Ohman, Ring
Wright, Hess,  Clifton, Vernam
Cook, Rose

Subs
Cardwell, Whitehouse, Buckley, Battersby, Curran, Burrell. A.N. Other.

It's a team but we need a few at the back and a goalscorer at least.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 76
LondonMariner43
May 5, 2019, 7:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,953
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Very strange to be able to field a team for next season with the players we have under contract two days after the end of the season.
McKeown
Hendrie, Pollock, Ohman, Ring
Wright, Hess,  Clifton, Vernam
Cook, Rose

Subs
Cardwell, Whitehouse, Buckley, Battersby, Curran, Burrell. A.N. Other.

It's a team but we need a few at the back and a goalscorer at least.

This for me is the main achievement this season.
We have the core of the squad and so Jolley can now focus on bringing in a handful of experienced, quality players to create a spine around which he can put these younger players.

Continuity is key to long term success

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 76
Swansea_Mariner
May 5, 2019, 7:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from LondonMariner43

We have the core of the squad and so Jolley can now focus on bringing in a handful of experienced, quality players to create a spine around which he can put these younger players.

I think you've got this spot on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 76
Meza
May 5, 2019, 7:49pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I think you've got this spot on.

agreed, i'd also add that the board room must do their part in maintaining continuity.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 76
chaos33
May 5, 2019, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Sad about Wes and my 6 Year old son is gutted but if he's got any self awareness he'll take a long hard look. He's a good striker and I'd have preferred him to stay but I'd question his attitude. He's had about 30 clubs and that's no coincidence. If he's honest, he'll have to face the reality of yet another 1 year contract at a league 2 club and then same again next year. What a shame. Good player but questionable attitude, evidently.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 76
psgmariner
May 5, 2019, 8:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
I’m not putting much faith in the core / spine that we have retained. The table doesn’t lie. Huge rebuild needed if we want to do more than just stay up.

Private Message
Reply: 33 - 76
HertsGTFC
May 5, 2019, 8:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from psgmariner
I’m not putting much faith in the core / spine that we have retained. The table doesn’t lie. Huge rebuild needed if we want to do more than just stay up.

I agree, don’t hold your breath for a big rebuild though as MJ will go for what he believes to be quality over quantity backed up by the kids and a loan or two.

Let’s just hope his talent spotting is up to it as if not we’ll need 2 teams worse than us.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 76
Northbank Mariner
May 5, 2019, 8:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

Balderdash, we have a good core squad and just need a few additional players, mainly a good quality front pair and a decent creative midfielder, which has it happens we might already have in Whitehouse but who knows..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 76
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 5, 2019, 8:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Should RHJ, Davis and Whitmore be offered and accept contract extensions I feel defensively we are in a very good starting position and it is often overlooked that in terms of professional football these guys are young and relatively inexperienced so we can expect they will improve.

Admittedly I normally only see town in home matches but whenever Davis & Whitmore have played together in a back 4 they have looked pretty good and with an added quality player plus Ohman that would just need an additional left back for defence to be sorted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 76
chaos33
May 5, 2019, 8:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
No, I think this can can go more than one way. Another poor to modest budget, a few decent signings and we try to avoid relegation, or we invest some money, go after better players and try to get competitive at the top end. All on Fenty and Jolley.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 76
Bigdog
May 5, 2019, 9:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from psgmariner

What MJ has to do in the summer is recruit a totally new spine of four or five players and fit the existing squad of players around it for us to challenge in the top half of the division..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 76
Northbank Mariner
May 5, 2019, 9:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

What MJ has to do in the summer is recruit a totally new spine and fit the existing squad of players around it..

Give it a rest BD.. the spine is fine with Macca, Ohman, Hess and Vernham...in that mix is Hendrie, Clifton, Cook, Wright, a fit Rose, Whitehouse...things are positive rather than negative.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 76
Bigdog
May 5, 2019, 9:16pm
Whiskey Drinker

Give it a rest BD.. the spine is fine with Macca, Ohman, Hess and Vernham...in that mix is Hendrie, Clifton, Cook, Wright, a fit Rose, Whitehouse...things are positive rather than negative.

It's not a criticism FFS. We need another centre half, a leader in centre mid and we need a new main striker. If that isn't a spine I don't know what is. Imagine a leader in centre mid with Hess and Clifton buzzing around him, a main striker with Vernam etc playing off him and a leader at the back as I don't think that Davis or Ohman are particularly leaders, maybe Whitmore could be but will he be a regular? If we signed one in each position of better quality and they have more leadership skills, then that is a new spine as I don't see us having a natural leader on the pitch at the moment, never mind two or three..

Give it a rest? Jesus mate.. calm down..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 76
Northbank Mariner
May 5, 2019, 9:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

It's not a criticism FFS. We need another centre half, a leader in centre mid and we need a new main striker. If that isn't a spine I don't know what is. Imagine a leader in centre mid with Hess and Clifton buzzing around him, a main striker with Vernam etc playing off him and a leader at the back as I don't think that Davis or Ohman are particularly leaders, maybe Whitmore could be but will he be a regular? If we signed one in each position of better quality and they have more leadership skills, then that is a new spine as I don't see us having a natural leader on the pitch at the moment, never mind two or three..

Give it a rest? Jesus mate.. calm down..

I pointed out that our spine is fine, what your saying is we need additions to make it stronger which I get, but to counter that I honest think Whitehouse (after speaking to Lincoln fans) is the leader and work horse we need, as for a centre half, I'm not sure about that, Ohman is showing signs of becoming a legend and whitmore could be a sound partner for him...
It's not about calming down its about looking at the reality of the situation and not jumping and saying we need to rebuild the spine when it's 90 % there now .
And I've had far too much Bacardi to make any sense are all 😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 76
VinnyGTFC
May 5, 2019, 9:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +124
Gold Stars: 20
Looking at the players that have left I would like to see some good experience added again to bring the best out of the youngsters. An experienced centre back with a bit of pace and a midfield general to free Hess up a bit. Don't know where we get a goalscorer from but hopefully there's one out there.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 76
moosey_club
May 5, 2019, 9:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
DC goes with my thanks and best wishes....always committed, passionate and a warrior when needed....his only downfall being his legs which you cant really criticise him for...thats just old father time catching up with him.

Woolford...similar to DC i suppose...I am just bias as he ex Scunny so probably i give him less slack than others...but even yesterday whilst he showed a few glimpses of what he can do he also showed plenty of glimpses of why he needs to hang his boots up.

Thomas ....one excellent game in every 5 or 6...and even then only in glimpses.....his goals have helped us survive but not really prolific in the system Jolley is using. Whatever has gone on obviously challenged Jolley's authority so always going to be cheerio.

JJ Hooper....didnt work out....looked ok at left wing in a 4-5-1 but not an out and out striker at this level...never looked like he believed in himself to me other than the odd flash. Cheerio.

With those four gone...and Welsh....along with the loanees...then should be 5/6 opportunities at least for Jolley to beef up the squad in wide/creative positions and most definitely in the front line. For feelgood factor , ticket sales and just general hope for next season then i pray that we can announce a decent signing or two up front pretty quickly.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 76
Bigdog
May 5, 2019, 9:44pm
Whiskey Drinker

I pointed out that our spine is fine, what your saying is we need additions to make it stronger which I get, but to counter that I honest think Whitehouse (after speaking to Lincoln fans) is the leader and work horse we need, as for a centre half, I'm not sure about that, Ohman is showing signs of becoming a legend and whitmore could be a sound partner for him...
It's not about calming down its about looking at the reality of the situation and not jumping and saying we need to rebuild the spine when it's 90 % there now .
And I've had far too much Bacardi to make any sense are all 😂😂

I think we've got better players and in better shape than this time a year ago, especially after today's news. I been positive all season when defending Vernam and Whitmore when others haven't but we've just released MJ's leader at the back (Collins), our intended leader in midfield (Welsh), our main striker (Thomas) and our playmaker (Embleton) has gone back to his parent club. To me that constitutes a new spine is needed for our core of players to play around. Maybe you mean we've got a good core of players to work with (which I agree with) and misinterpret what I mean by a spine? I'm throwing you a friendly bone here mate through your Bacardi haze..  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 76
Grantley
May 5, 2019, 9:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Agree with those that say we need a handful of actually good players. For me, Macca, Hendrie, Öhman, Hess, Clifton and Vernam are of a good enough standard. I also think that Whitehouse, Wright, Rose and RHJ are more than good enough backups (RHJ and Hendrie at fullback would do me fine tbf). I think we need another experienced CB (obviously quicker than Collins, either a experienced midfield general (quicker than Welsh) or another Embleton type and someone who can actually score goals.

It’s fine saying this in hindsight but will the budget actually allow us to do this?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 76
Northbank Mariner
May 5, 2019, 10:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

I think we've got better players and in better shape than this time a year ago, especially after today's news. I been positive all season when defending Vernam and Whitmore when others haven't but we've just released our leader at the back (Collins), our intended leader in midfield (Welsh), our main striker (Thomas) and our playmaker (Embleton) has gone back to his parent club. To me that constitutes a new spine is needed for our core of players to play around. Maybe you mean we've got a good core of players to work with (which I agree with) and misinterpret what I mean by a spine? I'm throwing you a bone here mate through your Bacardi haze..  

Yep, I get what you're saying BD ..hope that bone has plenty of meat on it as I'm starving...but through the season our "spine" was better without Collins and we never really needed Welsh and Thomas was present when he wanted to be....
I think we both know where we've been lacking all season and I honestly think, compared to seasons past, we need only a few additions rather than a complete overhaul
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 76
MuddyWaters
May 5, 2019, 10:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grantley
Agree with those that say we need a handful of actually good players. For me, Macca, Hendrie, Öhman, Hess, Clifton and Vernam are of a good enough standard. I also think that Whitehouse, Wright, Rose and RHJ are more than good enough backups (RHJ and Hendrie at fullback would do me fine tbf). I think we need another experienced CB (obviously quicker than Collins, either a experienced midfield general (quicker than Welsh) or another Embleton type and someone who can actually score goals.

It’s fine saying this in hindsight but will the budget actually allow us to do this?

How can anyone judge Whitehouse? He’s not kicked a ball in anger for us FFS!
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 76
Poojah
May 5, 2019, 10:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,533
Gold Stars: 1,500
Whilst I think we have a solid base of a squad, I think an element of realism is needed too. If you think back to our last decent season at this level (right the way back in 2006), I don’t see many amongst our current lot that would get into the starting 11 of that side.

I certainly don’t see anyone in the same class as Reddy, the Jones’ (Stick and Lump) or Woodhouse to name just a few. For me the bulk of what we have ranges from slightly below average to slightly above average for the league; if we want to crack on we need to be recruiting players of a demonstrably higher standard than what we’ve got.

Positively however, with Welsh, Collins, Woolford and Thomas gone it frees up a substantial chunk of budget to do just that, without us really losing all that much in terms of quality. I suspect that bringing the youth team graduates into the first team was also largely about freeing up funds to go after more expensive targets.

I’d be happy with 4 or 5 really good permanent signings and a couple of Embleton-sequel loan deals.  

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 76
Grantley
May 5, 2019, 10:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from MuddyWaters

How can anyone judge Whitehouse? He’s not kicked a ball in anger for us FFS!

He was liked during his time at Lincoln and was good enough for a team that finished in the playoffs. Of course, his injury may have robbed him of some ability so you’re right to an extent. I’d also seen him play a few times before we signed him and I liked him as a player from what I saw.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 76
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
May 5, 2019, 10:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,694
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Grantley

I think investing in staff and facilities would be a better investment, this is probably where other clubs do better not actual transfer fees and player wages.

Only a couple of clubs every season manage to spend big fees and guaranteed quality players and make themselves promotion favourites purely through spending and even that doesn't always work.

But with a good scouting network and ensuring you get the best out of the players you do get, it could make all the difference. Seems strange we seem to back managers on letting go and bringing in whoever they want (within budget) but don't want to invest in our own club and help the manager guarantee they'll get players worth getting.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 76
Mariner_09
May 5, 2019, 11:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
For me there’s room for only one of Ohman and Whitmore in a decent side and it’s Ohman. Same goes for Clifton and Hess and it’s Hess. If he insists on playing 3-5-2 (which he seems to) then the side needs some serious upgrades in certain positions.

The reality is that Ring was not up to it in this half season, he may improve next season after a proper pre season and having had half a season to better understand the intensity, pace and physicality of this league but I have my doubts.

I do like RHJ in that position on the right of a back three as he’s improved markedly this season both with and without the ball. Likewise Hendrie and Ohman are fine. We need a quality left sided centre half who has the athleticism to cover for a wing back bombing on (as they need to make the system successful) and the requisite composure on the ball to bring the ball out of defence and occupy wide areas. This will not be easy to find or cheap to hire.

Hess is fine in that position in front of the back 4 and Whitehouse may be the box to box midfielder who can get ten goals a season, we’ll have to hope his injury hasn’t hit him too hard. He’s also a bigger lad and we need more physicality in that area. We then need a creative midfielder. Someone of the Jamey Osborne, Jon Nolan or pre-late February Embleton variety who has legs and creativity. It’s all well and good saying we need strikers to score but we also need someone to create chances for them.

Then we need two new strikers. We need a partnership. Don’t care what type of partnership but one that scores goals. Whether it’s Reddy and the Goal Machine (Gary Jones) or Omar and Podge it needs two strikers miles better than we’ve already got. Someone who could hold the ball up, bring others into play and win free kicks would be handy, someone who can run in behind would also help greatly and obviously someone who can score goals!

This would also mean we have players like Vernam, Clifton, Davis and Cook on the bench and they’d all be half decent backups If, and that’s a big if, Jolley can sign that calibre of player that I have wished for then we’ll probably challenge for the play offs.

There isn’t a great deal between teams in this league. We could have done the double over Lincoln, with better finishing and refereeing. We did beat MK Dons and could feasibly of pinched it at their place. We more than matched Bury at home and just had a dreadful day at Gigg Lane and we were beaten by a header from a player who should’ve been sent off at home to Mansfield and were a team with no centre halves. We were resoundingly beaten at Field Mill though. That shows we don’t need to improve enormously to challenge but we certainly need to improve plenty of positions and it doesn’t take a genius to work out what the weaknesses are.

I have trust in Jolley to identify those players and just hope he’s given the funds to do so as Mr Fenty will reap the rewards further down the line if we’re winning lots and gates go up. Let’s hope he sees it that way but I have my doubts. Next season is really the time to judge Jolley as it will be his squad entirely and will have had over a year to put his stamp on things. I constitute success next season as a minimum of a top 10 finish and flirting with the play offs and that’s what everyone at the club needs to aim for.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 76
forza ivano
May 5, 2019, 11:28pm

Exile

I think you'll find Forza most football players are on a self employed basis, which I am myself, therefore removing employers liability on NI, holidays, tax etc...the length of contract given is just a reassurance that a player will get an income for the length of said contract...therefore your figure of £700k is definitely out..wish it was 700k.. Christ that would get us better quality rather the normal poundstretcher specials we normally end up with.

Sorry but don't think you're correct on that. Friend who played 300 games from championship to conference south confirms he was always employed on a paye basis.  Bonuses weren't quite as significant  as I thought. £30-£60 per point and c £100 per clean sheet for a keeper and same for a goal scored.expenses for travelling etc were just as significant
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 76
LH
May 5, 2019, 11:40pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,518
Gold Stars: 173
A player being self employed would be effectively third party ownership which is not allowed in football. There are tax refunds available for fuel etc due to it being sub-2 year contracts that are mostly offered at our level but that’s about it.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 76
Mallyner
May 6, 2019, 5:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
I don't know how we get around this as we are on a limb location wise, but to me having players such as Wes making 3 hour drives is doomed to failure. I assume he was possibly living somewhere down South?

How would he have then got to say Carlisle?
Driven there or come in his car to Grimsby and on the coach from here, which either way would seem to be a long, long day. And something that might seem ok at first but soon wear thin.

When trying to tempt a player, apart from money, would it put them off if we insisted they moved here for a 1 year contract, or made them go into rented accommodation and miss their possible family?

There is more than money to consider.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 76
Gaffer58
May 6, 2019, 7:49am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Yet again it's the time of year when players are released from club A and signed by club B, clubs B players are released and signed by club C, basically it's just a merry go round of players moving and everyone hoping this is the season it clicks into place and get some success. This is why you need an excellent scouting system and youth policy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 76
moosey_club
May 6, 2019, 8:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Gaffer58
Yet again it's the time of year when players are released from club A and signed by club B, clubs B players are released and signed by club C, basically it's just a merry go round of players moving and everyone hoping this is the season it clicks into place and get some success. This is why you need an excellent scouting system and youth policy.

You also need a clear vision of what system/ formation you are going to play and recruit accordingly.
Saturday was probably the first game where we actually had two wide players prepared to and capable of taking on their defender....that helped us look balanced and we got round the back of Crewe plenty of times. We actually picked out players when crossing the ball as well...Vernam wasted 2/3 attempts with weak or delayed shots.
Width , a finisher and that playmaker are what I want to see.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 76
The Boys Paddock
May 6, 2019, 8:57am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -964
Quite surprised that Woolford was given so much game time by the clown in charge. Wasted opportunities for others, (Wright), who clearly showed much more in his fleeting appearances than Woolford ever did.

Yet another example of poor player management in afraid
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 76
Jarmo.Is.God
May 6, 2019, 9:36am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Is it just me that doesn't see Vernam as the answer to the big problem we have, but I easily see him getting double figures if played regularly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 76
Jarmo.Is.God
May 6, 2019, 9:38am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from The Boys Paddock
Quite surprised that Woolford was given so much game time by the clown in charge. Wasted opportunities for others, (Wright), who clearly showed much more in his fleeting appearances than Woolford ever did.

Yet another example of poor player management in afraid

Woolford was the type of player that many didn't appreciate what he did for us, he's a good footballer and played his career a lot higher than we have since he's been a pro, but he's at the age where he is slowly making more errors and not the player he once was. So like Collins, they both go with my best wishes, both played big parts in keeping us up under MJ
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 76
MuddyWaters
May 6, 2019, 10:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Is it just me that doesn't see Vernam as the answer to the big problem we have, but I easily see him getting double figures if played regularly.

Vernam had a great spell just before Christmas when he and Embo were playing alongside Thomas in the 433/451 we were playing at the time. He then got injured and didn't fit back into a 352 which MJ had created in the interim.

Only an opinion but I think he's a far better bet than Cook but can't play up front in a 2 whereas Cook can.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 76
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 6, 2019, 10:09am
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Vernam certainly has an excellent touch, pace and can beat a man but that said thought Saturday’s performance summed him up thus far. First half he saw a lot of the ball but despite finding himself in some great situations was too often indecisive or inaccurate with either his final pass or shot. He does not appear to have the required composure in those important attacking moments. Second half he did what he consistently does and that is fade out of the game and get substituted.

It is his first season so let’s hope these issues can be addressed as the potential certainly appears to be there.

Would agree with a previous poster that it was great to see once again have two wide players with pace both capable of beating a man. We certainly delivered far more crosses and appeared to get more men in the box to try and capitalise on this. Pity we have waited most of the season to see this but good game to end on despite the freezing wind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 76
OllieGTFC
May 6, 2019, 10:11am
Fine Wine Drinker
Wes Thomas just confirm he had a bust up with Jolley apparently Jolley pushes him and was swearing in his face and Thomas went back at him swearing, interesting

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 76
Malta_Mariner_90
May 6, 2019, 10:28am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Wes Thomas just confirm he had a bust up with Jolley apparently Jolley pushes him and was swearing in his face and Thomas went back at him swearing, interesting

https://deskgram.net/wes_thomas_9 - for those of a curious disposition.

Interesting if true, did not have Jolley down as a screamer/shouter type. Also interesting that Thomas does not divulge the reason why he was being shouted at in the first place...now I wonder that that could be...

Surely all players are going to get some stick from the manager at some point. At 31 he should be experienced enough to know this. And more importantly he should know what is said in the dressing room should remain there. As our Russ once said "you lose trust Thomas, you lose trust".  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 76
chipsandgravy
May 6, 2019, 10:34am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,609
Quoted from OllieGTFC

Didnt think MJ had that in his locker. Gone up in my estimation now!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 76
MuddyWaters
May 6, 2019, 10:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from OllieGTFC

One might suspect that MJ wasn't terribly happy with said player's workrate which, over recent months had gone from moderate to not a lot.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 76
Jarmo.Is.God
May 6, 2019, 10:51am

Vodka Drinker
You don't push someone for no reason, Thomas is only saying what he wants to be heard
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 76
OllieGTFC
May 6, 2019, 12:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
I maybe mistaken but didn’t bignott get sacked for something similar I could be very wrong

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 76
Northbank Mariner
May 6, 2019, 12:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from OllieGTFC
I maybe mistaken but didn’t bignott get sacked for something similar I could be very wrong

I think you may be thinking of Rob Scott, got the boot after an altercation with the fans I do believe...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 76
bradzmilne
May 6, 2019, 12:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,411
Gold Stars: 30
The annual rumour about us being interested in Lee Angol is doing the rounds.

Also seen Mikael Mandron on Twitter this morning. Who I think would be a good signing

I’m sure they’re absolute nonsense but who doesn’t love a transfer rumour ?!

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 76
FishOutOfWater
May 6, 2019, 5:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from bradzmilne
The annual rumour about us being interested in Lee Angol is doing the rounds.

Also seen Mikael Mandron on Twitter this morning. Who I think would be a good signing

I’m sure they’re absolute nonsense but who doesn’t love a transfer rumour ?!

It wasn't just a rumour last year as I recall

We had a bid accepted by Mansfield but the player decided he didn't want to come to us
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 70 - 76
bradzmilne
May 6, 2019, 6:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,411
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

It wasn't just a rumour last year as I recall

We had a bid accepted by Mansfield but the player decided he didn't want to come to us

You’re right, rejogged my memory.

David Jones, ex Burnley and more recently Sheff Wed also being linked on Twitter

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 76
FishOutOfWater
May 6, 2019, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from bradzmilne

David Jones, ex Burnley and more recently Sheff Wed also being linked on Twitter

No worries Brad

I think the reason we brought Wes Thomas in was as a result of Angol choosing to go elsewhere ( Shrewsbury I think? )

Let's see what happens next for his replacement.....if only we can unearth someone again in the Podge mould
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 72 - 76
Meza
May 6, 2019, 6:26pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from bradzmilne

34 y.o and made 1 app all season according to wiki.  He does have experience though.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 76
acko338
May 6, 2019, 6:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
It will be interesting to see if Michael Jolley can find a Swedish  striker from his contacts and if he makes another phone call up to Sunderland for another emerging player.

I'd hope that he will look for a Jon Nolan type midfielder to go alongside Hess and Harry.

"Goals for" is the weakness and that must be the main search to go forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 76
arryarryarry
May 6, 2019, 10:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MuddyWaters

One might suspect that MJ wasn't terribly happy with said player's workrate which, over recent months had gone from moderate to not a lot.

My understanding from my source is that after the Oldham game when MJ wasn't happy at the performance MJ went into the dressing room and asked the players were they happy with their own performances, he then looked at Wes and asked if he was happy and Wes allegedly said yes and allegedly MJ wasn't happy with that answer and it kicked off from that point.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 76
diehardmariner
May 7, 2019, 8:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,612
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from chaos33
No, I think this can can go more than one way. Another poor to modest budget, a few decent signings and we try to avoid relegation, or we invest some money, go after better players and try to get competitive at the top end. All on Fenty and Jolley.

Exactly how I see this summer.

Can't see a big overhaul at all, in fact it's pretty nailed on that it won't be a big overhaul simply down to the fact that so many players are already contracted to us for the next season.

Looking at it from a positive, it's a very young and generally athletic squad that we've got now.  With a few key additions it could be a force.

From a negative/realist perspective, it's the same squad that failed to get going for most of the season minus a few key individuals (Thomas for his goals, Collins for his experience and arguably Woolford for his tempo control in midfield - I maintain that when he played well, we played well.  Problem was consistency).

No real arguments on the four released and let's face it, it's only the 3 who we saw in a GTFC shirt post-November that are a point of contention.  Collins couldn't do it week-in-week-out or against pace, Woolford was too inconsistent and Thomas appears to have been a bit of a bad apple.  Add the money from wages to Welsh and Hooper, there should be a decent little kitty there for Jolley to work with to bring in 3 real quality players who help take us to the next level.  I've felt all season we were a couple of signings away from a very good side (I suppose most sides could argue that).

All signings are important, but the recruitment this summer has to be absolutely spot on.  If it goes wrong and especially if we fail to address the goals scored/chances created problem then we could be in real trouble.  
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 76
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Four players released

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.